• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sway is WAY too small

as of the newest patch they introduced more sway when you are low on stamina and breathing hard, they modeled a breathing system so when you are breathing hard your weapon isn't as accurate. Why don't you guys test things before complaining about them, jeez.

Is this for real?

My game hasn't worked since the update, so I haven;t had a change to try, but are you serious? This would be great news.

The cynism is a bit stale though :p

Reactions: Hesgad
Upvote 0
i didn't noticed any difference and i played on realsm settings

The sway from breathing is noticable but as every trained soldier he uses breathing technics and doesnt breath like some readneck close to drowning so the gun moves up and down every few seconds but not sideways and all over the screen as if your soldier would have parkinson

Upvote 0
Is this for real?

My game hasn't worked since the update, so I haven;t had a change to try, but are you serious? This would be great news.

The cynism is a bit stale though :p

No he is full of ****, I didn't notice it at all. In fact I took my Mosin to lvl 26 in a few hours with the silly snipage.

Sniping with a bolt in RO2 is easier and more effective than with a sniper rifle in RO1 lol.

Upvote 0
The sway from breathing is noticable but as every trained soldier he uses breathing technics and doesnt breath like some readneck close to drowning so the gun moves up and down every few seconds but not sideways and all over the screen as if your soldier would have parkinson
the same little sway was in before, it doesn't change depending on your stamina and its always the same.

If you would have used rifles in reality you would notice that you have to take deeper breaths after a nice sprint making you sway more.

only point i aggree is that the sway should be up and down since thats what a skilled shooter is doing.

Upvote 0
as of the newest patch they introduced more sway when you are low on stamina and breathing hard, they modeled a breathing system so when you are breathing hard your weapon isn't as accurate. Why don't you guys test things before complaining about them, jeez.
Negative, sir. I've played several hours of the new build on Realistic and I've noticed no change in sway with a low stamina bar. If they did increase it, they didn't increase it enough to be noticeable.

Upvote 0
Negative, sir. I've played several hours of the new build on Realistic and I've noticed no change in sway with a low stamina bar. If they did increase it, they didn't increase it enough to be noticeable.
No there isn't the poster above you gave an exact list what is the difference and the guy you quoted should look at it before doing assumptions

Upvote 0
you'll only need a heavy sway when your stamina is low..which is already in the game. Otherwise realistically you only sway as much as your breathing and when you inhale and exhale its hardly noticable when shooting a real gun. Don't suggest things without further considering gameplay, or even reality for that matter. It's easy to aim and shoot a gun. It's the subtle things that make a huge difference. Based of your judgement I wouldn't be supprised if you wanted smg's during recoil to moving your entire camera facing the sky...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
last night i noticed that my prone sway after a semi-long sprint was pretty substantial. therefore i'm not really buying into the 'more sway' suggestion.

seriously, there was a wall about 80-100m away, and the sway was going side to side covering a 5m area. this was while prone. zoom/hold breath reduced the sway a lot, but come on - any moderately healthy person can control their breathing after a sprint if entirely necessary.

That's what I have been telling everyone for the past two days. People really hear what they want.

-Paas

Upvote 0
Can you do it when you're out of breath like the avatar is when he's gasping for breath and saying he needs to stop? Not even without 2 seconds of pause? This isn't a question of rifle accuracy, but a person's stability after they've run to the point where they need a break.

This has nothing to do with "go back to RO1" so stop saying it is. I have no problem with zoom, I greatly enjoy the increased sprint time (RO1 was far too short in this regard), I like the increased accuracy of SMGs (and no I'm not an "SMG whore" myself), and almost everything else is an improvement.

Anyways you'll notice a lot of new members are posting and say they agree there's too little sway so there goes that argument.

I wish a dev would comment, so I could at least know whether this is a total waste of time or not. Looking over this thread it looks like most people, old hands and new alike agree that it needs to be upped. It's just that the "opposition" is more vocal.

If they want to fit more sway into the realism mode and leave relaxed as is that would be fine with me if a bit odd (just think it's a bit weird to change a core game play function depending on the mode---course COD did it with "hardcore" and weapon damage)

Yes, I can get a stable sight picture fully winded with my entire combat load on from standing in two seconds tops. I also will hit anything 200m out within the first 2 rounds. Breathing is breathing, you're getting back air regardless of if it's controlled or sporadic. That's why ALL Marines are taught to control their breathing when lining up a shot. Unless you're on the verge of passing out (which they aren't in RO2, going take a much longer distance than that) you can gather yourself. Yet we aren't talking 200m distance that this occurs, we are talking 25m, 50m, 100m. In game you're hard pressed, even with the controlled breathing cycle, to hit anyone from 200m standing and unsupported. In the time it takes you to get off that shot, and even assuming you might have hit something, someone has already put you down.

Also, I don't know if you're just targeting the masses while quoting me, I don't recall saying anyone should have to ditch RO2 and go back to RO1. Last I said was I wouldn't mind a RO1 mode. My only stipulation was that it not be called realism mode because the changes wouldn't promote realism.

The amount of people who are ignorant to the subject matter doesn't suddenly make their vocal majority anymore right. Notice I say vocal majority, because the majority of the community is playing the BETA and loving it. Not coming to the forums trying to undo progress.

-Paas

Upvote 0
Yes, I can get a stable sight picture fully winded with my entire combat load on from standing in two seconds tops. I also will hit anything 200m out within the first 2 rounds. Breathing is breathing, you're getting back air regardless of if it's controlled or sporadic. That's why ALL Marines are taught to control their breathing when lining up a shot. Unless you're on the verge of passing out (which they aren't in RO2, going take a much longer distance than that) you can gather yourself. Yet we aren't talking 200m distance that this occurs, we are talking 25m, 50m, 100m. In game you're hard pressed, even with the controlled breathing cycle, to hit anyone from 200m standing and unsupported. In the time it takes you to get off that shot, and even assuming you might have hit something, someone has already put you down.

Also, I don't know if you're just targeting the masses while quoting me, I don't recall saying anyone should have to ditch RO2 and go back to RO1. Last I said was I wouldn't mind a RO1 mode. My only stipulation was that it not be called realism mode because the changes wouldn't promote realism.

So it still takes you a second or two right? That's all I want really. Right now assuming I see the guy I can bring up my gun and nail him immediately after using up the whole sprint bar.

Also is there much difference between a bolt action and an assault rifle? I've never fired an assault rifle but I have fired bolt actions and shotguns and I definitely know that I can bring up and aim a lot faster with a shotgun because, well, it's shorter.

The amount of people who are ignorant to the subject matter doesn't suddenly make their vocal majority anymore right. Notice I say vocal majority, because the majority of the community is playing the BETA and loving it. Not coming to the forums trying to undo progress.

-Paas
That's a bit unfair. Ya I think it's important to come to the forums because as you said it's a BETA and we're supposed to, you know, give feedback, report on bugs, etc.

Upvote 0
So it still takes you a second or two right? That's all I want really. Right now assuming I see the guy I can bring up my gun and nail him immediately after using up the whole sprint bar.

Also is there much difference between a bolt action and an assault rifle? I've never fired an assault rifle but I have fired bolt actions and shotguns and I definitely know that I can bring up and aim a lot faster with a shotgun because, well, it's shorter.

That's a bit unfair. Ya I think it's important to come to the forums because as you said it's a BETA and we're supposed to, you know, give feedback, report on bugs, etc.

It takes a second or two to get a perfect sight picture in rhythm with my breathing, which literally one breathing cycle. That doesn't mean I can't use trigger control and timing though. I honestly don't see anyone nailing someone out of a full sprint at over 200m. I have yet to see a single video showing it, I cannot do it myself, and the only times I do see it happen the shooter is supported/crouched/prone. Can someone show this so I can see what the issue is? Right now it feels like I'm arguing against a myth.

...and no, it's not unfair for me to say people are trying to undo progress. That's my true belief. I'm not denying their right to do it. I just disagree with it entirely.

-Paas

Last edited:
Upvote 0