• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

We need better AT weapons...

Alright, Im going to be honest. I rather have AT guns that anything else in the thread. They are badass, good to use; you dont know how much AT guns meant in WW2. A front that didnt had AT guns was lost, and many times they outnumbered tanks. Plus 1000m for AT guns in the maps is good distance. Most tanks engagements are happening at 200+ but you can have engagements at 1000 meters.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
First they need to fix the Hafthohlladung. I've said this too many times so I will just show you this video.

Stalingrad- Battle Scene - YouTube

Also after playing Barracks and Red October Factory today I noticed that there are Static Mesh Anti Tank Guns. I seriously think TWI should add this in as usable weapons in the same way they use the Heavy Machine Guns.

Upvote 0
Of course. But this isnt about what teams have and dont. We simple need better AT weapons. Play FH2 mod; we have AT guns, tanks, some anti tank weapons like satchel charges for example.

A tank can be countered in many ways; infantry in WW2 needed and were given better AT weapons. It isnt just a tank vs another tank.

Remember that the anti-tank rifles were not all that useful against front armour on tanks, even early war when the armour was thinner. Useful against tracks, or rear/side areas with weaker armour perhaps. They were best able to disable engines, disable tracks or damage optics.

Some of the other AT equipment suggested in this thread was not in use in late 1942/early 1943 when this map takes place. Satchels are already available, as are magnetic AT grenades.

Upvote 0
I dont think pushing a Pak 38 around in urban areas would be too wise.

No, but you could have a Pak 38 covering the flanks. Remember that in Stalingrad, the germans had every block defended. That includes adding many AT guns as well. Mg's could cover them as well. In FH2 the level design is that for every AT gun, there exist from one or three MG emplacements.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It takes some tactics and skill to get a tank kill as infantry. Driving tanks would be lame if it was super easy to kill a tank. There has to be a risk. On Red October Factory earlier, my buddy and I were prone in a crater. A t34 was 30m away looking at our direction. My buddy got up and sprinted left while the T34 was tracking him I broke right and was able to chuck a haufthohladung; blowing it up and moving on.

Tactics not crutches.

Reactions: FBOTheLiuetenant
Upvote 0
I don't think tanks are really imbalanced/AT too weak. On fallen fighters for example, infantry can hard to see do to the fog so careless tankers will get caught by AT soldiers/Engineers. If a tank is dug in well and AT soldiers can't get him, you still have Arty and your own tanks to challenge them. I think it ties in with the teamwork aspect. AT guns like in AHz Vehicles from RO1 would be nice though.

Upvote 0
It takes some tactics and skill to get a tank kill as infantry. Driving tanks would be lame if it was super easy to kill a tank. There has to be a risk. On Red October Factory earlier, my buddy and I were prone in a crater. A t34 was 30m away looking at our direction. My buddy got up and sprinted left while the T34 was tracking him I broke right and was able to chuck a haufthohladung; blowing it up and moving on.

Tactics not crutches.

Of course, but it's always nice when a Lafette MG34 cover your advance, while AT guns cover the flanks so you can get tanks to go into the front or against them. AT guns are a must for this game; sadly they even has some modelled but they cant be used :(

That makes me a sad panda...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
First they need to fix the Hafthohlladung. I've said this too many times so I will just show you this video.

Stalingrad- Battle Scene - YouTube

Also after playing Barracks and Red October Factory today I noticed that there are Static Mesh Anti Tank Guns. I seriously think TWI should add this in as usable weapons in the same way they use the Heavy Machine Guns.

That is a great movie if you all ever get a chance to watch it; "Stalingrad". Watch in the German with subtitles, don't even go near the dubbing LOL.
I love in the clip at about 1 min 55 seconds.....Silly Russian runs in front of his teamate firing...gets "TK"ed. LOL Hate when that happens in game!

Upvote 0
That is a great movie if you all ever get a chance to watch it; "Stalingrad". Watch in the German with subtitles, don't even go near the dubbing LOL.
I love in the clip at about 1 min 55 seconds.....Silly Russian runs in front of his teamate firing...gets "TK"ed. LOL Hate when that happens in game!

Yeh its a great film, I really want it on DVD but I can't find a Non-Dubbed version :/

Lol at the TK. Must be the no collision system they have in Stalingrad :p

Upvote 0