• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

We need better AT weapons...

Yustax

Sep 3, 2011
Played the beta today...playing with AT rifles it's a suicide when facing T34's or PZ4's...you need to hit a very very precise spot to cause damage and that isnt even enough to destroy it. It's like having to do the deathstar destruction weakspot scene everytime infantry is against tanks.

What we need:

Improvised AT grenades:

Geballte Ladung
Double RPG-40 grenades

Anti tank mines...we need them badly.

And this...what we need: Movable AT guns or emplacement weapons in specified terrain covering a wide area with several rounds types.

Pak36, Pak38, Pak40...Flak 36

M42, ZIS 2, ZIS 3...Model 39 (In 85mm).

Reactions: Unterscharfuhrer
Played the beta today...playing with AT rifles it's a suicide when facing T34's or PZ4's...you need to hit a very very precise spot to cause damage and that isnt even enough to destroy it. It's like having to do the deathstar destruction weakspot scene everytime infantry is against tanks.

I hate to point out the obvious, but your team has a tank too...

Reactions: Alexander Ostmann
Upvote 0
I hate to point out the obvious, but your team has a tank too...

Of course. But this isnt about what teams have and dont. We simple need better AT weapons. Play FH2 mod; we have AT guns, tanks, some anti tank weapons like satchel charges for example.

A tank can be countered in many ways; infantry in WW2 needed and were given better AT weapons. It isnt just a tank vs another tank.

Reactions: NightriderAOF
Upvote 0
I like what we're given. It's supposed to be very difficult to take out tanks as an infantryman, and that's what makes tank kills that much more precious and rewarding.

Best part of the beta so far for me has been taking out a Panzer IV with an RPG 40 grenade on FallenFighters. Only happened once, but it felt so good. Especially since I was getting peppered by rifle fire as I was rushing the tank. I say keep it as it is, just adapt and play the role differently than RO1.

Upvote 0
I like what we're given. It's supposed to be very difficult to take out tanks as an infantryman, and that's what makes tank kills that much more precious and rewarding.

Best part of the beta so far for me has been taking out a Panzer IV with an RPG 40 grenade on FallenFighters. Only happened once, but it felt so good. Especially since I was getting peppered by rifle fire as I was rushing the tank. I say keep it as it is, just adapt and play the role differently than RO1.

Well many dont feel like this. Of course, taking tanks out with AT grenades is rewarding. But we still need AT guns; they were fairly very, very common in the WW2 battlefield. Especially defensive positions.

Upvote 0
Of course. But this isnt about what teams have and dont. We simple need better AT weapons. Play FH2 mod; we have AT guns, tanks, some anti tank weapons like satchel charges for example.

A tank can be countered in many ways; infantry in WW2 needed and were given better AT weapons. It isnt just a tank vs another tank.

RO2 has tanks, AT rifles, satchel charges and "AT nades" (even though one of them is a magnetic mine that is just thrown instead for some silly reason). It's not far from the list you noted there. Even then if every infantry guy would hypothetically have a satchel charge the odds for getting close and personal to actually plant it on top of a genre savvy tanker\tanker who is properly supported with infantry would be pretty nonexistant.

Upvote 0
RO2 has tanks, AT rifles, satchel charges and "AT nades" (even though one of them is a magnetic mine that is just thrown instead for some silly reason). It's not far from the list you noted there. Even then if every infantry guy would hypothetically have a satchel charge the odds for getting close and personal to actually plant it on top of a genre savvy tanker\tanker who is properly supported with infantry would be pretty nonexistant.

I know; and no, I think that only the engineer should have satchel charges and AT grenades.

However, I pray for more goodies and explosives. AT mines are a most and of course, the always needed; AT guns.

Upvote 0
I know; and no, I think that only the engineer should have satchel charges and AT grenades.

However, I pray for more goodies and explosives. AT mines are a most and of course, the always needed; AT guns.

If the infantry-AT solution is too good then it renders the tank useless, the deployment as it stands currently gives the infantry a small chance to kill the tank - but forces them to rely on their own tank - and to encourage teamwork to that effect. The tank should be something to fear.

Upvote 0
Well many dont feel like this. Of course, taking tanks out with AT grenades is rewarding. But we still need AT guns; they were fairly very, very common in the WW2 battlefield. Especially defensive positions.

Great, then tanks are UP and can't be used in the FOV of the AT gun.

Use the AT rifle wisely. I've blown up 4 panzer IV's since the beta has started, just by hitting the right spot on the tank. Adapt, and use tactics that would have been used. The tank has all the weak spots of a real one, use that to your advantage.

Upvote 0
The AT rifle is already more effective than it was IRL according to extensive ballistics information posted on these forums. But that isn't the point, fact is if you are close enough with the AT rifle you can kill a tank in 2-3 hits. As well as all the previously mentioned methods of tank removal.

Large emplaced PaK guns or other AT guns simply dont fit into Fallen Heroes. I would love to see some large totally badass combined arms map where stationary AT were appropriate.

It isn't that I disagree with you, but the scale of the maps we've seen so far is too small for AT guns to be used in a way to promotes good gameplay.

Upvote 0
What we need:

Improvised AT grenades:

Geballte Ladung
Double RPG-40 grenades

Anti tank mines...we need them badly.

And this...what we need: Movable AT guns or emplacement weapons in specified terrain covering a wide area with several rounds types.

Pak36, Pak38, Pak40...Flak 36

M42, ZIS 2, ZIS 3...Model 39 (In 85mm).

I think its's by design that anti tank soldier is at a disadvantage against a tank.

Making infantry able to easily kill tanks will probably break the whole combined arms and teamplay aspect, I think the infantry should have a chance, but I think Infantry and tank should work together to atain voctory, not just infantry shooting their bazookas from their corners.

Upvote 0
i got owned by tank a few times and thought it was imba.

then i chose tank commander and realised how unsafe, vulnerable and blind you are inside a tank. when you're spotted, any number of suicidal AT/engineer classes will charge at your flank.

enemy tanks will force you into hiding, and the enemy commander can pummel you with mortars if he doesn't have another target to hand.

Upvote 0