• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Beta Update Changelog - September 2

You people should seriously stop *****ing.
Honestly, TWI is working their *** off to get this patch to you, it isnt like they are slacking off alright?
**** happens and nobody can expect a delay like this, they arent doing it to annoy you. If anything, i'm sure it troubles them more then it does you.

Seriously, back off. Go out and have a smoke, do something else with your time if the current build really sucks that much for you.
There is life outside of RO. There was a time when you managed without the RO2 beta, so what is so hard about waiting for a new build to arrive?

Upvote 0
I dont get why people suddenly want less communication from game devs instead of having more of it :confused:
Oh good heavens no.

I think they already go above and beyond what any community could and should expect from a development team (unless they appoint a dedicated community manager who does little else but sit on the forum and appease the masses).

I simply believe they should reconsider announcing specific release deadlines, as missing them is a sure fire way to fuel the interweb hate machine. I for one appreciate and understand the myriad of ways a release can be pushed back, but there appears to be a vocal minority who doesn't seem to give a flying' **** either way.

... I realize I sound like I'm blaming the victim. TWI hasn't done anything wrong. They announced a release, they missed the release due to unforeseen development complications. It all boils down to, "STFU it'll be out when it's ready."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They could say they're coming some time this week, not that they'll be arriving on Wenesday at 9:30 AM like they've been doing lately.

They should have already learned that being vague and promising nothing is the key to PR success.

Even though I'm not too upset about the recent delay, I do agree with this. The more information you can give a customer, especially when they're very motivated by your product, the better.

Upvote 0
Oh good heavens no.

I think they already go above and beyond what any community could and should expect from a development team (unless they appoint a dedicated community manager who does little else but sit on the forum and appease the masses).

I simply believe they should reconsider announcing specific release deadlines, as missing them is a sure fire way to fuel the interweb hate machine. I for one appreciate and understand the myriad of ways a release can be pushed back, but there appears to be a vocal minority who doesn't seem to give a flying' **** either way.

... I realize I sound like I'm blaming the victim. TWI hasn't done anything wrong. They announced a release, they missed the release due to unforeseen development complications. It all boils down to, "STFU it'll be out when it's ready."
Like the lead up to the beta when people were like "TWI should just give a a date! They are BS''ing by being vauge all of the time, JUST GIVE US A DATE!!!". Man, its amazing how people forget what 2 weeks ago was like...

Reactions: NightriderAOF
Upvote 0
Like the lead up to the beta when people were like "TWI should just give a a date! They are BS''ing by being vauge all of the time, JUST GIVE US A DATE!!!". Man, its amazing how people forget what 2 weeks ago was like...
I certainly don't. I was in Steam chat in the minutes before the beta was released, monitoring Yoshi's updates along with 999 others (room is capped at 1000). Meanwhile, Ramm attempts to unlock the chat for a question period and all he gets for his trouble is page after page of ASCII penises and hate spam. Shameful.

I would honestly prefer the odd person howling for more transparency to a HORDE of haters screaming over a release date come and gone, clogging up the forums, sitting in front of their PC spamming F5 over and over, getting more and more angry, prepping their finest ASCII genitalia .......

You can't win either way, but I definitely prefer one to the other.

And you'll notice I said a "specific" deadline. I would have preferred TWI said, "The beta will be out within 72 hours ..." opposed to "within 24 hours". Even 72 hours is too specific for my taste and could be a setup for failure, but it's always better to give yourself the wiggle room when dealing with a hit-and-miss situation like pushing code out the door. Had they said "within 72 hours" and gone live in just under 24, they would have looked like goddamn heroes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tr00per Buzzdee
Upvote 0
From a few seconds ago:

[TW]Yoshiro: Ok current update
[TW]Yoshiro: we are testing what we hope to be the final build

Thanks for the heads up Rob, much more helpful than the zillion posts since the last update from TW (generally speaking).

I don't know what is with all the drama here. Everyone needs to man up a bit, with all the tantrums, stamping of feet and hair-pulling going on we may need to rename this here forum 'Mother's Club'.

Grow a pair.

Reactions: jalex3
Upvote 0