• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Beta Update Changelog - September 2

I'm just glad to see a Dev team that communicates with the community. People need to remember, THIS IS STILL BETA and sh:eek:t happens. Unforseen setbacks are...well...unforseen. Getting angry isn't solving anything. Besides, the patch being released this morning was never promised. They said they hoped to have it ready by then.

Upvote 0
Well... let the trolling trolls troll, right? They are the same ones who complain when they don't hear anything.., or don't get an exact time or date to look forward to (remember with the actual beta launch?) AND they will be the first to complain if the update arrives with problems, when it arrives.

I think after awhile you just have to tune out some of the noise. That's probably what they are already doing to some extent.

I probably should just learn to tune them out, cause as soon as I said something people didn't like I got 2 downvotes which then gave me a negative rep:(. Oh well.

@u-s-e-r
If they gave themselves more breathing room on the release date, then they wouldn't have to delay it, instead they could keep us informed on how close they are, and slowly narrow down the the time that they believe it will be released in. Then people wouldn't mind as much if something got delayed because it wouldn't happen as often.

Upvote 0
While I think this thread is hilarious to no end... it does seem like TWI does this a lot... they shouldn't have pre-announced a new patch, then cease all communication for 24 hours...

They have no problem telling us that something is coming very soon, but dismiss telling us that it's been delayed.

Reactions: jalex3
Upvote 0
They have no problem telling us that something is coming very soon, but dismiss telling us that it's been delayed.
They told us it was delayed, didn't they?

I just get the impressions some people in this thread have the compulsive need to hear TWI say they're still working on the patch, every other hour or so , just to make sure the patch is still coming.

Upvote 0
Tripwire need to stop announcing dates. First it was the Beta, that was delayed by weeks and then when they did release it, they did so at about 10 PM est, so if you lived in Europe it was about 3-4 AM by then.

And now the new maps, first it was yesterday that got delayed, and then they were supposed to come in the early morning today, which again they failed to meet.

Seriously, stop announcing dates, even if you say "this date isn't concrete" it's just as bad and doesn't make them look any better if the can't meet their own estimated deadline.

I'd much preffer that they let things come as they come and stopped announcing things without being 100% sure. It'd save the forum a lot of spam.

Reactions: Fallanx
Upvote 0
Tripwire need to stop announcing dates. First it was the Beta, that was delayed by weeks and then when they did release it, they did so at about 10 PM est, so if you lived in Europe it was about 3-4 AM by then.

And now the new maps, first it was yesterday that got delayed, and then they were supposed to come in the early morning today, which again they failed to meet.

Seriously, stop announcing dates, even if you say "this date isn't concrete" it's just as bad and doesn't make them look any better if the can't meet their own estimated deadline.

I'd much preffer that they let things come as they come and stopped announcing things without being 100% sure. It'd save the forum a lot of spam.

yes its common sense; fanboys here call it whine or troll whatever, its just a fact.

Upvote 0

Quick.. someone blindfold this moron and take him out back to be shot!!!

LOL... just incase you guys don't see this post as it was meant to be (sarcastic), I will say it now. I KID I KID!!!!

EDIT: I KID I KID = I was just joking... lolface

Upvote 0

I agree man this is not a complaint/troll/whine/rant or whatever fanboys around here wants to call it. They set expectations we didnt ask for a date initially.

Upvote 0
If they didn't ppl would spam the boards with "where are the bug fixes you promised TWI!" threads, they cant win either way.

They could say they're coming some time this week, not that they'll be arriving on Wenesday at 9:30 AM like they've been doing lately.

They should have already learned that being vague and promising nothing is the key to PR success.

Upvote 0