• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Beta Update Changelog - September 2

I hope Ramm and the boys aren't second guessing their community communication policy. I would be. They set a deadline, they miss it due to unexpected development delays (unavoidable), they get QQ-bombed. A silent dev team sets no expectations. The Steam group chat in the minutes before the release of the beta was an embarrassment, a seething black hole of self-important trolls. It could have been avoided.

TWI is the last of a dying breed of PC developers. Much respect. If I could make a suggestion, please continue communicating with your player base ... it's one of the things that makes you great ... but don't commit to a deadline if you're not 100% certain you will meet it. Which is likely never. So, yeah, never announce a deadline. :D The great unwashed will whinge the doors off if you miss it.

Do keep us in the loop, but keep it vague. "We will be releasing a new build in the very near future ..." would have been enough to stoke the fires of anticipation without giving the whiners more ammo to ***** with.

I genuinely hope the piss poor attitude of the minority doesn't sour Tripwire's enthusiasm, or give them cause to reconsider the open dialogue we currently enjoy.

Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hope Ramm and the boys aren't second guessing their community communication policy. I would be. They set a deadline, they miss it due to unexpected development delays (unavoidable), they get QQ-bombed. A silent dev team sets no expectations. The Steam group chat in the minutes before the release of the beta was an embarrassment, a seething black hole of self-important trolls. It could have been avoided.

TWI is the last of a dying breed of PC developers. Much respect. If I could make a suggestion, please continue communicating with your player base ... it's one of the things that makes you great ... but don't commit to a deadline if you're not 100% certain you will meet it. Which is likely never. So, yeah, never announce a deadline. :D The great unwashed will whinge the doors off if you miss it.

Do keep us in the loop, but keep it vague. "We will be releasing a new build in the very near future ..." would have been enough to stoke the fires of anticipation without giving the whiners more ammo to ***** with.

I genuinely hope the piss poor attitude of the minority doesn't sour Tripwire's enthusiasm, or give them cause to reconsider the open dialogue we currently enjoy.

Keep up the good work!

^This + 10 millions.

Upvote 0

Keep up the good work!

Too bad if they did this people would just reload with the ammo that "TW doesn't communicate enough!"

Upvote 0

Keep up the good work!
Well, the other option could be even more communication, e.g. telling whats the situation right now :p

Upvote 0
Ahhh Tripwire.

There is nothing quite like shooting one's self in the foot. Now that the beta is released, it would be best to update silently - rather than announcing and then having to delay.

Yeah, this is true.
Sure we can stand the wait but facts are facts... missing schedules is never good for your reputation.

All the kudos to tripwire for working the weekends though!

Upvote 0
i hope ramm and the boys aren't second guessing their community communication policy. I would be. They set a deadline, they miss it due to unexpected development delays (unavoidable), they get qq-bombed. A silent dev team sets no expectations. The steam group chat in the minutes before the release of the beta was an embarrassment, a seething black hole of self-important trolls. It could have been avoided.

Twi is the last of a dying breed of pc developers. Much respect. If i could make a suggestion, please continue communicating with your player base ... It's one of the things that makes you great ... But don't commit to a deadline if you're not 100% certain you will meet it. Which is likely never. So, yeah, never announce a deadline. :d the great unwashed will whinge the doors off if you miss it.

Do keep us in the loop, but keep it vague. "we will be releasing a new build in the very near future ..." would have been enough to stoke the fires of anticipation without giving the whiners more ammo to ***** with.

I genuinely hope the piss poor attitude of the minority doesn't sour tripwire's enthusiasm, or give them cause to reconsider the open dialogue we currently enjoy.

Keep up the good work!

qft.

Upvote 0
There is no way of keeping everyone happy, and by now everyone should now that tripwire announcements might be off by a day or two, or more. Actually, I dont seem to recall they ever kept a date.

Still, they are as enthusiastic about their games as the raging hordes out here, so it is kind of easy to forgive them. Tripwire actually delivers, though they might not do so on time. Who will care about a two week delay on a game that has been anticipated for years and will be played for years?

Upvote 0