• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TE-Fallenfighters SPAWN TO SPAWN, BABY

Ive noticed there is an option to spawn at your squads SL, rather than the default spawns. Also I agree that people tend to find the nearest window and take potshots.

Ive played SL a few times and despite plenty of smoke, i would charge through on my own.

Stick to your SLs and follow them in

NOT ONE STEP BACKWARDS! :D

I was thinking that the addition of some Commisars that are able to "encourage" soldiers with a pistol and soviet banner might be cool. Along with some kettenhunds for the gerries

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Have played this map a lot since beta prerelease. And I just have to repeat what everyone else have said ITT: Teamwork is essential. And tbh, that is also what the platoon commander positions are for, to take charge. If you just start to communicate with your squad you would be amazed sometimes. People will actually cooperate with you to achieve the objectives.

That being said, I usually go for the flanks in this map, setup behind cover and take potshots at advancing infantry, and wait for a good moment to push on the objectives, its also a bit about timing not just teamplay.

Upvote 0
This map is more of a problem on the CD mode with the first capture area. The spawns are quite close to each other and pretty open so If you don't get into cover straight away you can die pretty fast. It's not really fun being killed before you know what's happening but I look forward to trying the mode of different maps.

Upvote 0
Fallen fighters on TE is nothing but spawn warfare. You never leave your spawn. You set foot on spawn, and suddenly you get shot from 32 different windows at the enemy spawn facing yours. There is no cover. No one does objectives. It's basically a shooting gallery for everyone but the people who actually leave spawn.

I partially agree, but I do exceptionally well while attacking the square.

The cover system is a godsend when you're actually in the square, it's easily possible to reach one end of the square to the other without getting shot once so long as you keep yourself under cover.

I think the map needs more ways to bypass the square entirely. When it comes down to it, what is the tactical advantage of capturing open ground when there's much more useful firing positions? The map needs flank routes so people can get around the square without being shot at

Upvote 0
Problem I am having is not so much the window watchers, just the whole "I can't see" thing. This has lead to me more or less running right into the enemy I probably should have seen.

I've had no real problem moving up through the center, there is a good amount of concealment if you use it (Drop into some craters, use the snowbanks) considering it is a flat out killing field. Stay low and keep moving.

More covering fire would be nice though.

Upvote 0
Fallen fighters on TE is nothing but spawn warfare. You never leave your spawn. You set foot on spawn, and suddenly you get shot from 32 different windows at the enemy spawn facing yours. There is no cover. No one does objectives. It's basically a shooting gallery for everyone but the people who actually leave spawn.

I don't Im one of the ones shooting... :D
But yeah, I have found myself as a commander shouting orders to capture the objective as I charge solo... :(

Upvote 0

I feel the same. I cant bring myself to play that map anymore, and its only the beta...

Its just no fun. No one attempts the objectives... those that do are shot from a dark window. Thats the kind of map that runs on sniper-only servers in RO1 :eek:

Upvote 0
Fallen Fighters was great the few times I played it.

You just need enough people, and those people need to have enough balls to get out of their buildings to go take caps.

It's not even that difficult, you just need to cross the damn road and you're already in a capzone. Just lay in the street, move up, and stay down.

Upvote 0