• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New facts from the new set of screenshots

Okay so, HUD looks really clustered and the GPS is out of place in this game, I know (hope) that was relaxed realism, but really? also, some textures look mediocre and some objects like gun barrels from another soldier's gun look overgrown and out of proportion, not to mention stances and animation look pretty awkward. Like, for example moving while crouched makes characters look like spy crabs from TF2.

I'm sure all the good aspects of the game will outweigh those flaws and the gameplay will make up for it though, but if this is a direct consequence of lack of development time (signs include features being aborted like co op and signature weapons/vehicles of the war promised in future DLC) i would have easily given up more time.

Upvote 0
The FOV does look off in the screenshots. But still thanks for posting good to have some news

Although what's with this guy? He looks like he's 80 years old! Some General playing at Schutze?
red-orchestra-2-beta-screenshots-oxcgn-17.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why should it? real soldiers spot enemies to their team mates, its fine and good for realism.

That post was before I presumed it was a "call out" obviously... call outs are just fine I'm sure. :rolleyes:

I thought it was a specific call out assigned to a key, but also I was wondering if some sort of internal spotting system was implemented in relations to the HUD perhaps.

Because you know, being a person who hasn't played a game yet I might just wonder.

The spotting ability in RO2 isn't like in say, Bad Company 2 or BF3. It doesn't place a giant "LOOK AT ME" marker above their head.

It shows a marker when you bring up your tactical view of an area that a teammate was looking when they saw (or think they saw) someone. It doesn't move, it's a stationary location and it goes away fairly quickly.

This was played on relaxed realism so I don't know what all is different in realism mode. Hope that clears it up a bit.

Thanks Zips. After my post I quickly assumed it was a call out instead to my immediate relief.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The FOV does look off in the screenshots. But still thanks for posting good to have some news

Although what's with this guy? He looks like he's 80 years old! Some General playing at Schutze?
red-orchestra-2-beta-screenshots-oxcgn-17.jpg

Stress is a key part of the aging process , take a look at drug addicts who have constant physichal stress due to addicition and psychological stress due to a search for another "hit" and withdrawal.
There isnt really anything more stressful than frontline combat, so someone who is in fact in his 30's could look like in his 50's after a year or two of intense stress.

Reactions: I. Kant
Upvote 0
The spotting ability in RO2 isn't like in say, Bad Company 2 or BF3. It doesn't place a giant "LOOK AT ME" marker above their head.

It shows a marker when you bring up your tactical view of an area that a teammate was looking when they saw (or think they saw) someone. It doesn't move, it's a stationary location and it goes away fairly quickly.

This was played on relaxed realism so I don't know what all is different in realism mode. Hope that clears it up a bit.

Sounds good. Perhaps it will incite a little teamwork and having a spotter + mg gunner will be a actually quite useful. I've always wanted this feature. Where you spot the targets and dictate to the gunner, either to fire at will or cease fire. I wish to see a scenario where an infantry charge through an open field while mg supports them from behind with the assistant on the side spotting the enemy through the binoculars. Not just a Danzig kind of combat where everyone run at each other and everywhere is just a disorganised chaos.

People who say is not realistic don't realise that this is to promote realistic cooperation that took place in real life between soldiers. Hope is not too accurate though.

So does this enemy spotting works by centering your screen at one point and then you press the button and other teammates at your vicinity see that mark?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes i have looked at photos, lots of them. The guy looks older than Field Marshal von Paulus. Who was 52.

I'm not trying to make a big deal of it, but that guy is far too old to be a front line German at Stalingrad, he would be fine as a Volksturm in Normandy or Germany. It's not going to stop me loving the game, but it stood out as being peculiar, it's not a big deal it's a nitpick, but it was noticeable.

Here is some photos of German prisoners captured at the end of Stalingrad, i'm sure you agree they look tired and desperate, and would have gone through all of the ageing stress, but you'll notice none of them are like the soldier in that screenshot.
4898765082261c2ace47b.jpg

4898171215dc53f853f5o.jpg

ullsteinhigh00016285.jpg

Upvote 0
Yes i have looked at photos, lots of them. The guy looks older than Field Marshal von Paulus. Who was 52.

I'm not trying to make a big deal of it, but that guy is far too old to be a front line German at Stalingrad, he would be fine as a Volksturm in Normandy or Germany. It's not going to stop me loving the game, but it stood out as being peculiar, it's not a big deal it's a nitpick, but it was noticeable.

Here is some photos of German prisoners captured at the end of Stalingrad, i'm sure you agree they look tired and desperate, and would have gone through all of the ageing stress, but you'll notice none of them are like the soldier in that screenshot.

I actually see a couple in there that look as weathered as the in-game screen shot. :)

Upvote 0
The faces in RO2 are indeed a bit exaggerated. Looks to me like TW is trying too hard by trying to depict of what terrible effect can war do to humans face. I understand they desire to try to reflect that but it is way overdone.

I'd like to see some more young, innocent looking faces. It was not uncommon to see 17 year olds in Stalingrad. In 1942 german army already was short of infantry and more often the frontline could see the younger faces.

Last edited:
Reactions: Comrade Kaizer
Upvote 0