• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The retailer thread

Any word on the censorship discussion? Will it be cut for people in germany? Please tell me that it will not be the case :O

The game is going through the machinations of ESRB, PEGI and USK now, shortly to be followed by BBFC and whatever it is this week for Australia.

We've already been warned that USK frown on dismemberment, but we have to play a wait-and-see game with them. There are no guidelines from USK.

Upvote 0
The thing is, i just hope it will turn out like AvP(2010 release) where there is a lot of gore, but it remained uncut, because the Devs accepted a 18+ rating and didn't go for a 16+ release for more money, which would have resulted in cut versions for germans.

I wonder if it would be possible with digital distribution to sell a cut 16+ along with an uncut 18+. I don't know how Steam does age verification besides asking for the birthday, so that might not fly.

Upvote 0
The game is going through the machinations of ESRB, PEGI and USK now, shortly to be followed by BBFC and whatever it is this week for Australia.

We've already been warned that USK frown on dismemberment, but we have to play a wait-and-see game with them. There are no guidelines from USK.
Oh god please don't give in to whatever wacky demands they make.
Go for 18+ (Nicht Jugendfrei), that will actually boost your sales, not diminish them.

Upvote 0
Who pays attention to age ratings?

I got Carmageddon 2 when I was 13. Being a 18+ game was actually part of its charm by then. (Same as Mortal Kombat when I was 9)

Since censorship in Germany was introduced, everyone started to pay attention. Because games that are not rated 18+ will turn out cut in the most stupid ways possible.
The first game who fell victim i know of, was C&C Generals, where they exchanged the suicide bombers with robots, and then turned everyone into robots.

Upvote 0
Since censorship in Germany was introduced, everyone started to pay attention. Because games that are not rated 18+ will turn out cut in the most stupid ways possible.
The first game who fell victim i know of, was C&C Generals, where they exchanged the suicide bombers with robots, and then turned everyone into robots.

The original C&C had cyborgs instead of humans in Germany. And every following game had them. So there is some history.

Upvote 0
Hello guys, I am really looking forward to this game and I am new to the community. I'll just post this here in case an official knows something. Do you know so far if any retailers will sell RO2 in Greece ? From a quick look I cannot see it listed as a preorder yet in the major stores. I really like my games in boxes and want to add that cool cover in my collection. If I don't find it though I'll just get it from steam.

Upvote 0
If you really want to get the game on day one you probably have to get to your local store and hope they have the game on the release. I will probably wait for informations if the game will be censored in germany. If the game is uncensored I will just go to my local store at the release day. If the game will be censored in germany i have to order UK version and pray that the game wont get censored afterwards.

Upvote 0
RO2:HOS Price: $29.95 30 Days to go!

RO2:HOS Price: $29.95 30 Days to go!

RO2-HOS-long-head-30.jpg

RO2:HOS $29.95 30 Days to go!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300583920374&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Have questions, faster replies via my email: [email protected]

* I will answer general question here, detailed questions must be direct to my email address.

Russ

Last edited:
Upvote 0