• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Best weapon against the Patriarch?

On solo, Pipes+aa12 usually work for me. Actually as lvl6 demo a full stack of pipes (8), usually kills him. Even at HoE, considering he spawns with 7k hp on solo HoE, pipes at lvl 6 do 2.4k? damage, its pretty much insta win.

On 6 man servers just like every1 else says, the most popular way of dispatching him = 6 chainsaws.
Another alternative is 6 aa12s, with a place to weld him in.

Not that other loadouts and perks are inferior, its just that these two methods are the easiest to carry out in a pub server.

Playing with peeps ya know or confident in their experience and skill level, any perk or weapon can be just as fine. This applies to solo as well.

Upvote 0
AA-12 all the way. LAWs are good to, but only take one (Or two if you have 5 or more players in the ground) and make sure he can actually aim with it. In one round we all had GLs (Bad choice, btw) and one LAW. He couldn't aim for love or money; we all died. XD

So yeah, a group of six should have AA-12s, Pipes, a LAW or two, and a single SCAR (Or two). The MGs are mainly to keep Patty busy so the AA's can move in under minimal fire.

Upvote 0
I still frequently get that bug where he'll pop up within visual range and kill me/half the team during the cutscene. I thought that was fixed ages ago.

I Thought this did to but recently i was on suicial and we fought long a hard with a very good team to only twarted by the patty in foundry being 15 ft behind next thing that happens he blows up half are team and then chased us down intill we all wiped =(

Upvote 0
I have not tried the chainsaw against Patty yet, but I must say that the method sounds a bit.. You know.. What to do when he fires upon you? Hide untill he gets close enough and then gang bang him with chainsaws or what? :p

It works. Won westlondon/suicidal today. There were 5 zerks all around patty and one demo shot bombs. He get's no chance to move. Patty dropped in 15secs :D

Upvote 0
I often use the best weapon my perk can give me. So for Commando, I'll take a whole SCAR clip into him then change to the AK, and so forth.
As a Firebug, the Mac-10 since it doesn't blind my team members.
As a Medic, the crossbow. Though I don't particularly enjoy using it since I can never aim well with it.

Upvote 0