• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

General Firearm Discussion

The latest weapon from CoD:

Spoiler!

Personally, my favourite guns are the P90, now that i heard the AUG isn't that great, and the Masada.

I know what you're thinking, but i've seen them in a book i own, and on a site i've been to, before i've seen them in CoD.

The P90 is a nice bullpup weapon i can shoot without having to make any modifications to it, and i like the versatility of the Masada.

For those that don't know already. the Magpul Masada was made by Bushmaster as the ACR, adding weight and cost to the nice weapon.

The Masada can fire 5.56x45mm NATO and 7.62x39mmR Soviet rounds, by changing the barrel, bolt and lower receiver. Funny story, the 7.62x39mm round is actually 7.92mm wide. :)

My dream is to have a Masada chambered in 5.56mm NATO, 7.62mmR, 9mm NATO, 6.8mm SPC, 6.5mm Grendel, 5.7x28mm FN, 4.6x30mm, 12 gauge and 12.7x42mm (.50 Beowulf). But this will not happen.

Te Masada is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too expensive, plus all those different barrels are going to costs tons of $, you might as well get several different rifles.

Upvote 0
Move to the US.

But...

They drive on the wrong side of the road.
They have weird slang (flashlight, sidewalk, etc.)
They spell wrong.

Being who i am, i'd go mad over there. :(

Besides, i'd be a b!tch to have to pack up, move, unpack and set up my drum kit again.

I'm currently content to just have a theoretical knowledge of firearms. :)

Upvote 0
I think its stupid myself, maybe they'll have 90 round drums? So they can be kind of like AR PPsh's?

They dropped the high capacity magazine requirement. :) And it will be able to mount grenade launchers.

I really do think this is not supposed to be an "automatic" rifle.

Surefire has made these 60 rounders recently:

http://www.defensereview.com/wp-con...Magazine_60-Shot_AR-15_M16_Box_Magazine_2.jpg

Hopefully they will be reliable, but drums and whatnot typically are not.

And this is plain silly, the 100 round mag:

http://www.defensereview.com/wp-con...agazine_100-Shot_AR-15_M16_Box_Magazine_2.jpghttp://www.defensereview.com/wp-con...agazine_100-Shot_AR-15_M16_Box_Magazine_2.jpg

Upvote 0
Saw a PPSh-41 at an indoor range that rents guns not too long ago. Turned out to be semi-automatic, and therefore pointless. I knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. :D

Realized recently that the XCR is a waste of money. I could buy 3 Saigas in 3 calibers for the same or less than an XCR with two caliber conversions, and it's nearly as accurate. Next purchase is most likely going to be a 5.45x39mm or 7.62x39mm Saiga, it really depends on the availability of pre-ban mags. Not going to overdo it either, a lot of my friends like the expensive tacticool gear but I just want a functional rifle. Just going to convert it to get rid of that disgusting straight stock (nothing against them... unless they're on guns intended to have pistol grips), mount a flashlight (no rails, don't need other accessories and don't want the weight), and get a rear diopter sight with tritium inserts and a tritium post up front.

Other than that I'm just keeping an eye on the Kel-Tec RFB. If it develops a reputation for reliability once it's been out a few more years I'll probably end up with one. A 7.62x51mm NATO rifle that is shorter than an M4, weighs less than an AK, and takes FAL mags so there are plenty of big pre-ban mags available sounds like a win to me. And it ejects the cases forward so you don't get hot brass down your shirt if you transition to your left shoulder.

Upvote 0
Saigas are nice as they are.

If I wanted a cheaper shooter/utility gun I would get one as is.

Otherwise I would only buy a properly converted one. Too bad most people sell their home conversions for the same price as an Arsenal. :rolleyes:

So be a smart guy and just buy the Arsenal ones.

Next time I have $1000 burning a hole in my pocket that's where it's gonna end up. Need me a SGL in 5.45.

Upvote 0
Had a fun week with my friend's new P38.

Spoiler!

There's actually an intact swastika proof on one of the parts inside. Mega fun to shoot, but god forbid we hit anything reliably with it. :p Thing has a stiff trigger, and neither of us are very experienced with handguns. We could still hit the paper in the last pic though, about 100ft out.

Upvote 0