• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ideas on how a MEDIC class may work

ideas on how a MEDIC class may work

• yes like this

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • yes but NOT like this

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • No its not realistic

Votes: 47 55.3%
  • I dont care

Votes: 10 11.8%

• Total voters
There will be no medics. At all. Medics were not used in the same way on the eastern front as they were on the western front.

If anything that is exactly why the medics for the first time in a game would get a realistic depiction. On the western front generally you didn't shoot at medics (they often didn't carry weaponry either), in games the first person you aim for is the medic so he can't revive people.

On the eastern front the medics would just get shot, so the medics didn't wear big obvious white patches with a red cross on it. But just fought and tried to help soldiers on the go. And that if anything is a lot closer to the functioning of medics in video games.

Having a special class to apply the bandages rather than allowing people to do it on themselves, would be a lot more fun in the teamwork sense of things.

Reactions: Capt.Cool
Upvote 0
Is there an official statement from tripwire that there will be no medics?

The classes available, as seen in any of the gamescon (etc) vids are as follows

Assault
Elite Assault
Riflemen
Elite Riflemen
Machine Gunner
Marksman
Squad Leader
Commander

I don't want to talk about medics again. We've been over it so many times.
They were a valuable target, and a valuable asset.
Medics don't make you better - they stop you dying so you can go to hospital. If you need a medic then you are combat ineffective, and in RO, dead.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
RO is a very realistic game, but I always missed the kind of doctor.

My idea of how this class could be adapted to the game is as follows.

When you kill a soldier, except for a clear shot in the head (it is impossible to cure a man shot in the head), but this fall, will fall as low, but do not have to be dead. To drop the player will be reborn as has always happened, but the character may be rescued by a doctor with the aim of increasing the percentage of reinforcement. By this I mean that the player dies after falling as if it were low, but the osldado stay on the battlefield, not as dead as a low but unable to fight, that is the time where the physician can make a bandage and rescue in order to increase the percentage of reinforcement.
Depending on where the impact affects the soldier, they will be more or less time to survive.

Other functions of the physician can be wear bandages and heal injuries but trained soldiers in combat, but only in case of minor injuries such as arms and legs. A soldier if he is shot in the abdomen can not keep fighting.

Upvote 0
In RO2 every soldier will carry a bandage for his personal use to stop bleeding.

So why the hell its unrealistic or stupid if there is a class that has 3 or 5 spare bandages which he can drop or give other players
(the same way every player can give ammo to the MG)?

I am not talking about restoring health or reviving, just a limited class that has a few extra bandages to give away.

I dont know why
this concept is so hard to grasp for some... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Roland777
Upvote 0
You want a dedicated class that runs around with (band-aid) bandages?

From your example, why not just make it like the MG supply in RO1? Every soldier can drop their bandage to their comrade and get it resupplied at a resupply point. Or better yet, give a player extra points for helping to "bandage" up his comrade's minor wound to stop the bleeding.

Upvote 0
Guys there won't be medic class in RO2, get over it. RO gameplay is not about reviving or patching other players, but killing and capturing objectives with teamplay matter. Lifesaver works well in ArmA 2 with ACE addon and ArmA gameplay fits to that role, RO doesn't. When you get hit you are dead.

We are not talking about reviving soldiers, please read some of ideas of this thread. We suppose then when a soldier is shot by an enemy, the soldier will die, or he is will not be able to fight in the battlefield.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A medic would be really pointless for a couple of reasons.

1: Everyone already has bandages. If a wound can't be fixed by a bandage, that means it's serious, which means...
2: If a wound is serious enough to put someone into slow death/be fatal, that person is combat ineffective. Even if someone survives a shot to the belly, it will be many months before they are back on the front lines. Something as minor as shrapnel cuts that only take a couple minutes to patch up don't kill you anyway.

Upvote 0
1. Is not very logical that a soldier has bandages and he knows how to use them even though they shot on his leg.
In the eastern front, there are a lot of civilians who were trained by the soviets during 1 o 2 days, is not very rational that they have how to use bandages.
I see more reasonable and common the existence of medics on the battlefield who could help the soldiers with injuries.

2. In second way, you're agree with your second argument, but we can consider this with another view. In campaign mode, there a persistant war that lasts for months or years, it could be rational that the soldiers, who were saved by the medics in past battles, may return in another battle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
some of you are grossly ignorant of the game mechanics and military history in general. there's an enlightening faq thread stickied at the top of this page you should probably study up on.

after having read that, i think you'll understand why medics will not be in this game, and why a dedicated bandage mule class is a stupid idea that makes no sense.

Upvote 0