• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Kick Vote System

slavek

Grizzled Veteran
May 4, 2006
UnrealEd: Viewport #1
I was reading a thread and thought of something. When greifers come on servers and start tking, they rarely get kicked because the opposite team rarely votes.

I was thinking of some options.

1. A team kickvote system. You can only vote a member of your team. If X% of your team vote you:

• Get Kicked &/or Session ban from game.
  • Forced to spectator for rest of round/game.
  • Banned from team that kicked you for rest of round/game.
2. Same idea as above but wrapped into the standard kick vote system.

• If X% of players on your team vote you get punished (Kicked/Session Ban, Forced to spectator for round/game and muted).
  • If X% of the server votes you, you get a session ban/kick.
Anyone think this would be a viable option or would it be best to leave as is?

Reactions: Lucan946 and sampsa
I'd go by the second option because if you're teammate is exploiting a bug to waste enemies are you really going to vote him out? I probably wouldn't bother.

With first option, I meant having 2 separate vote systems. I was mostly thinking of Team Killers when I thought of this. A good admin is the best thing best admins are not always available so I think there should be a reliable way for average players to regulate the server and keep asshats from ruining the game.

Upvote 0
if it's not broken, don't fix it. all this new system will do is introduce a slew of new issues. the current votekick system is the mainstay for a reason, it's the most optimal solution, presenting the lowest number of issues.

At least it could be made easier to acces to. For example you could just chose player from scoreboard instead of having to browse through several menus.

Upvote 0
At least it could be made easier to acces to. For example you could just chose player from scoreboard instead of having to browse through several menus.
+1

Another feature that might be nice (though may be subject to abuse), would be a button that players could use to report another player to the email address of the webadmin. Of course it would need to be a server side selectable option.

Upvote 0
if it's not broken, don't fix it. all this new system will do is introduce a slew of new issues. the current votekick system is the mainstay for a reason, it's the most optimal solution, presenting the lowest number of issues.

It may not be broken but it is far from optimal in my opinion. Everytime a vote is initiated, you always have to walk the other players through the process of getting to the kickvote menu.

It should be easier to access(I know its not hard to, but I mean it should be on the first menu instead of having to dig for it).

Upvote 0
One thing I hope to see is that the system to report tks will forgive by default. So you must specifcally say that someone tked on purpose. If people forgive by default then servers can set the tk kick limit much lower, as many people are simply too lazy to forgive.

The punishment for tking is a drop of point, getting people kicked from the server should only happen to those that TK on purpose, not to those that are simply new and a bad shot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
we need a quick vote kick, like from l4d2..

when I started to play RO I wanted to train my skills with the sniper, I didnt kill sooo many and some "PROs" started to tk me to get my weapon.
This :IS2:. Something that shows up on everyone's screen.

I thought America's Army had a good kickvote system too (the original, never played the sequels). You hit F6 (or was it F5?) and there you go you just voted to kick him. So all it requires is one person to know how to initiate the kick vote.

And 213 you're crazy if you think the current system is the most "optimal solution". In my 4 1/2 years of playing RO/ I've seen two people kicked from a public server. TWO. (not counting admin kicks or auto kicks for tks obviously)

I've seen far more who needed to be booted. From incompetent players taking key roles and refusing to give them up despite the entire team typing/yelling over VOIP to griefers shooting weapons out of people's hands in spawn.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The voting system must be reworked into something useful. Right now players:
1. Do not even see that bugged piece of text in chat.
2. Do not bother pressing anything.
3. Do not know if it's even working because there is no any kind of feedback.
BTW, is it even working?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
With first option, I meant having 2 separate vote systems. I was mostly thinking of Team Killers when I thought of this. A good admin is the best thing best admins are not always available so I think there should be a reliable way for average players to regulate the server and keep asshats from ruining the game.

The vote kick system just has to be set properly by the admins. The % needed for kick can be set low so it takes fewer votes to complete a kick. This makes it easier to deal when admins aren't around.

Upvote 0