• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Twisted Christmas Event with Special Guest Team Fortress 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please ! I have some questions about X'mas Achievements :

Cracked the Nutcracker!
Land the killing blow on a Christmas Fleshpound with a Knife.

We can do this on any difficult (like Easy), can't we ? Have we to do this with a Knife ? Not Machete, Katana or Chainsaw ? Does "killing blow" mean we must kill FP with that Knife not only hit him ?

Yes, you must kill it with the knife.

Not So Silent Night

Kill a Christmas Siren with an undetonated LAW rocket.

I don't understand "undetonated" mean what

They have a minimum arming distance at which the rocket goes live, everything before that distance would just collide with the rocket and nothing else would happen, besides the damage due to the kinetic energy of the rocket, that's what's supposed to kill the Siren.

Fending off Mrs. Claws

Kill 3 Christmas Stalkers with a Lever Action Rifle without reloading.

Can I kill 2 Stalkers with LAR then use other weapon to kill others then return to LAR to kill third Stalker ? Ofcourse I don't reload LAR

Good question actually.

Tis Better to Give than to Receive

Drop 3 Tier 3 weapons for others (with which they kill at least one Christmas Zed).

What are Tier 3 weapons ? Can you give me list of them ? Sorry for my stupid but I really don't know. Are AA12, Katana, Chaisaw, Crossbow, M14, Flamethrower, Healing gun, M32 Grenade Launcher, L.A.W they ?

AA-12, M14EBR and SCARMK17 count as Tier-3 weapons.

Eggnog Anyone?

Get covered in Christmas Bloat Bile and live for 10 seconds on Hard, Suicidal, or Hell on Earth.

I understand "Get covered in Christmas Bloat Bile" (you bear the bile). What does "live for 10 seconds" mean ? Have I to bear the bile for 10s or just 1 bile then I can run away ?

No bloat pukes for 10 seconds, it just means you have to survive 10 seconds of the damage over time effect, which can be pretty strong. I suggest doing that with the medic, stronger body armor and puke resistance.

Thanks for answer !!!
You're welcome.

Last edited:
Reactions: TuDragon76
Upvote 0
Let's face it - on Christmas Day, after you have opened the sweater from Grandma, the iTunes card from the parents, smiled grimly while stuffing your face, worn the obligatory silly hat, tried not to punch your kid sister/grandma/the cat, been forced to watch "The Sound of Music", again, been told you can't watch the full set of "Walking Dead" in front of your kid sister/grandma/the cat...

After all that, you can slide off, fire up KF Twisted Christmas - and run around Santa's Lair torching that miserable Santa bastard, while dressed as a posh twat officer from the Brigade of Guards.

Just think how much better you will feel! Think of the massive number of domestic beatings Tripwire will save the world from as a result!

Hoorah for Tripwire!
I made an account just to say I agree completely with you. Silly hat check general clothes check the awesome series walking dead check. And Twisted Christmas HELL YES I will buy the new characters and run around as a reverand killing things at christmas. Thanks for the present :) Looking forward to the almost updated Killing floor! :D

Upvote 0
Why isn't there new level (level 7) for new difficult "Hell on Earth" ?

Gah, I've heard questions like this so often.

In 1015 our current patch the "GameDifficulties" are following:

Easy: 1
Normal: 2
Hard: 4
Suicidal: 7

In 1016 the upcoming patch tommorow the "GameDifficulites" are following:

Easy: 1
Normal: 2
Hard: 4
Suicidal: 5
Hell on Earth: 7

As you can see our current Suicidal is exactly the same as the upcoming Hell on Earth, the only difference will be that some small things such as Berserkers spawning with armor will be taken away, some zeds have more head health etc. but again: It's NOT a harder difficulty, if you'd apply all those small changes such as the armor, head health etc. to the current Suicidal it would be EXACTLY the same. Suicidal will be EASIER in 1016 then it is currently in 1015.

Upvote 0
That is debatable. All regular specimens will be easier but the Scrake and Fleshpound are going to be considerably harder with the anti-Xbow changes.

Let's say it like this, it will probably be the same or even become harder for casual players, but for people who know what they are doing these buffs and nerfs aren't going to be a very big deal making Hell on Earth and the current Suicidal only a little different from eachother.

Upvote 0
That is debatable. All regular specimens will be easier but the Scrake and Fleshpound are going to be considerably harder with the anti-Xbow changes.

That is why we have the LAW instead. There are alternative methods for killing the big guys now, although none as swift as the old Xbow. I still think it is pretty good though.

Upvote 0
The baddest santa model would be pretty cool if it didn't look like a disgusting hobo.

That's the whole point of him being "Baddest Santa" he doesn't care about personal hygiene. He's stinky, filthy and grubby. Oh, and he kills zeds :p

Go watch Bad Santa, if you haven't seen it. Heck, even if you have, go watch it again!

Upvote 0
Don't forget the clot... :)

What Clot...? Er...? ARGH ITS GOT ME AND I CAN'T JUMP FREE GOD DAMNIT SAVE ME SANTA!

Well tbh i've almost certainly jumped away from clots before but its not that big a deal since if theres more than 1 Clot you're screwed anyway.

Let's say it like this, it will probably be the same or even become harder for casual players, but for people who know what they are doing these buffs and nerfs aren't going to be a very big deal making Hell on Earth and the current Suicidal only a little different from eachother.

Possibly. Its kinda irrelevant though the differences between Suicidal and Hell on Earth. The real question is how Hard and Suicidal will compare since if i recall some of the xbow changes won't apply to Hard which is where the biggest change to the endgame survivability is.

Well i dunno about you guys but the first thing i'm doing is loading up Easy with my lvl 6 Zerker and sandbox mode Fleshpound and seeing who kills who first with a Knife :p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.