• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The ArmA 2 thread (hurr hurr, no Armed Assault 2)

The no-collision mod is wonderful. Much, much more fun in CQB now, at a minute price to realism, IMO.

By the by, I am finally getting round to buying OA - will it allow me to play Combined Ops, if I already have A2 and instal OA over that? Just need to verify that.

Yep, after you should use the ArmAII ex. for vanila and OA CO ex. for a happy mix.

Upvote 0
Here is a simple mission I am making/testing (no addons required except you need CO). Sorry about the terrible image quality (stupid free version of fraps).Of course I had the inclination to take screen shots only after witnessing 3 mid air collisions which haven't happened since :(.

arma2oa2010111017244421.png

arma2oa2010111017325293.png

arma2oa2010111017522231.png

arma2oa2010111017325597.png
arma2oa2010111017293271.png

arma2oa2010111017252697.png

So far this defense mission is set up as 4 groups of attacking helicopters made up of 3 choppers each with a random (25%) 4th one. Unfortunately I don't know how to specifically remove guided missiles so I couldn't use any gunships.

As you can see in the middle there is a vehicle ammo box surrounded by currently unused AA stations. This is the fall back position (there are also 2 launcher crates if you have no other choice). In the very early version the main 4 stations had their own ammo boxes (making each AA station incredibly overpowered, at least until you depleted it). Though since the vehicle ammo boxes are so large, you could not fully engage 360 degrees and you could not move if you dismounted.

If anyone is interested in this early version I may consider uploading it for others to dl and test.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, they always appear with a certain amount of delay, sorry to say. Anyways, patch improved me framerates a tad and recoil appears to be changed - instead of synching back to the exact spot you were aiming at prior to opening fire, the gun jerks around a bit, akin to the way guns behave in RO. A bit of a welcome improvement, I have to say.

Upvote 0
Do most players play coop or is there alot of pvp action?
Well, most groups mainly play coop, but there also is a lot of pvp going on in some of them. I myself are not a fan of PVP in ArmA.

Of course, pubbing is pretty horrible, so you should join a good unit as soon as possible. :)

Lemon, you should put some 16AA screenshots on the forum ^^

Have a look in the Screenshot&movie thread. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0