• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Statistics system ?

Knightbc

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 31, 2010
This game looks promising , and the fact that it was made for pc gamers makes it even sweeter. I know it's a bit early but I wanted to ask. Do we have any info about player stats the game will offer ? Many games keep statistics of players online and some even give the ability to access them both in-game but also in a webpage. From the basic k/d to more detailed like accuracy does anyone have a clue if something like this will exist and how will it work ?

Thanks in advance.

This game looks promising , and the fact that it was made for pc gamers makes it even sweeter. I know it's a bit early but I wanted to ask. Do we have any info about player stats the game will offer ? Many games keep statistics of players online and some even give the ability to access them both in-game but also in a webpage. From the basic k/d to more detailed like accuracy does anyone have a clue if something like this will exist and how will it work ?

Thanks in advance.
Well the fact thread may give some answers
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=34141[/URL]
If it is using STEAM then I would Guess that all Stats would be kept in Steam Cloud and linked to Your account.

And welcome to the Forums BTW:D

Upvote 0

Thanks in advance.
John Gibson said in a recent interview with Bash and Slash that player statistics will be stored online, and we can assume, viewable in the game, or maybe on other websites. We dont' really have details on this yet.

Welcome to the forums!
:IS2:

Upvote 0
Stats in-game makes sense as it tells people if they are doing well in achiveing the goals of the map, whether it is killing the enemy or capturing objectives and all that. I don't think that any stats that are not just about that should exist

Stats offline are only used for like "lol I got better stats then you so I won't listen to you". Big possibilities of making some good imporvements here compared to other games, but who cares? The only offline statistics that matters is how well your clan does ^^.

"Useless" stats should have it's part in the game as achivements I think. As achivements tells the player which part of the game he or she has not yet experienced. Like when I see that I have not the achivement for "killing at least one enemy with the tank on every map that has it" I realize that I've missed out on something.

So let's hope for achivements that "encourages" people to experience every single part of ROHOS, and stats that encourage people to go for team win and not a personal one.

The question is if the scoring should be different on different maps. Like some maps you might want to give a minus point for deaths, while on others you don't want to. If any ratio should be used to make it less important to play from the start of the map to get to the top it should be score/minute and not kills/death.

Upvote 0
When you smash someone over the head you gain +1 strength and when your run past some bullets you gain agility!

-

I hope there is very little statistics =| Statistics = people playing much differently and are constantly bothered about a page of numbers.

-

"No I'm not storming that building" says 50 german players all grouped together
"I might die and my KDR goes down"

"I JUST GOT SHOT!!! FFFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS -rage-"

-

without statistics...doesn't matter. You play to win the round...whatever the cost. Even if this means running in with a cooked grenade. Alot more "LoL" playing and a lot less "I'm the last guy alive I'm going to hide in a corner to keep my KDR"

-

At the very least we need none-ranked servers

Upvote 0
Stats like Kill/Death ratios kill team based games to me.
Just look at BFBC2, that kill/death ratio useless stuff killed the game and turned it out in a sniping/spamming campfest...

K/D stats do alter the way some people play but tbh you wouldn't have seen great teamwork in BC2 anyway. The only time you get anything more than a cluster**** is playing with friends or playing on a dedicated teamwork/realism server. That goes for pretty much any game.

Reactions: PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN
Upvote 0
I think it's pretty hard to make a decision on this matter.

On one hand, if you record things like kills and deaths instead of just victories and objectives captured, then you'll encourage individualistic and stagnant gameplay.

But on the other hand, the sort of people who'd play a game like Red Orchestra are generally more patient than the average CoD player and would be more inclined to actually help the team rather than preserve their petty numbers.

In the end, I think it's better to play it safe and only record victories and stuff like that to encourage teamwork. Trivial statistics must be placed lower than quality of gameplay.

Upvote 0