• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Rakowice

Updated Rakowice

I tried to upload them to Steam Workshop but again it failed "Unknown error"
Will try again tomorrow.

Changes:

More cover.
Some more custom models. (Great job made by Shadowwill)
Axis will loose their tankspawn 2 minutes after they lost the Hangar.
Allies Engineer NooB proof message. Might be removed later :cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great job on the changes so far. Starting to shape up more and more, it's already a fine map.

There are some issues with the alert messages for bunker doors being destroyed. Unfortunately, they can be triggered by small arms fire at any time (even before the first objective is captured) by any faction. Those messages will not play over again once the actual objectives are destroyed.

Examples in the pictures below.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Strangely enough, after further testing - tank shell fire will not trigger the alert messages...

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

... but tank machine gun fire will.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
This is a great map, but why is it the only map that I have to resubscribe to in workshop every time there's an update? The point of workshop was that you subscribe once, and then any map updates are automatically downloaded. Not sure what's happening... is this happening to anyone else?

I think Drecks is deleting the old submission and resubmitting a new one for each update because of a bug in the workshop.

Upvote 0
Playing the new version now, not sure whats up but we (Russians) are unable to cap G, C and I. They are locked out.

Please stand by...

You see I thought I solved that but unfortunatly not. There are conditions that when Axis cap both back and the objectives are destroyed the Kismet won't continue as the recap did deactivate the Hangar.
I try to solve this last week and thought I did it as I could not reproduce it. And I heard no problems with the previous update. So I thought it was solved. Now last night I noticed it again. To close for the deathline to solve.

Added all kind of new stuff but all for nothing. As usual I had to pick a more simple setup. Now I'm end up with the chance the map wont continue.

I'm kind of discouraged with the situation. And really wonder what to do ?
Ran out of motivation to solve this to be honest.

This is a great map, but why is it the only map that I have to resubscribe to in workshop every time there's an update? The point of workshop was that you subscribe once, and then any map updates are automatically downloaded. Not sure what's happening... is this happening to anyone else?

But that defeats the entire purpose of Workshop....

Wolverine started a topic about this and I replied as I had the same problems and I'm not the only one. I even spend more posts about it. You think I have some sort of fun deleting my files on Workshop and upload new everytime.

I can't help it !!!!!!!!

By now I have seen to many of this the past year and now with the problem on Rakowice I noticed this starts to work on my mood. To avoid this I think its better to take a real break. As the last I need is a moody character.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Drecks. Dont lose your hope mate. Map is great and you will find soultion sooner or later. Thats my little suggestion. Current situation, where Russian engineer is unable to blow up the objective sitting next to him just because his team doesnt control 2 capzones, doesnt convince me to be honest.
Id love to see here more realistic solution.
Picture this. Germans are ordered to protect the ammo storage and 88`s at all cost as they got startegic values. After bloody fight Russians menage to clear the ammo bunker and place a satchel charge. Boom! Ammo supply destroyed so Germans lose motivation to deffend useless from now Ammo bunker. Now both teams fight for 88`s. Russian places 2 satchels before getting killed and flaks go to heaven. Germans cant see a piont to deffend 2 pieces of twisted junk and fall back to defend a next strategic point - the hangar.
My idea is to simplify this bit of the map: removing 2 capzones covering satchel objectives so Russian can destroy them at any time. Once both are destroyed the hangar cap becomes active.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I will take a look to all options Mord. Your right about the fact you can't destroy something your sitting next to but is in an area you don't hold.

Yesterday I played the map in Realism mode. The server was half filled and it behave well. Allied won but this might be caused by players needed to learn. The situation mentioned by Moe did not happen and I thought we where in a situation we could reproduce it. But the Hangar got activated.

As I still don't see TE-Rakowice in my maps which I can update in Steamworkshop I won't rush anything as this needs to be solved. Funny is even Coldsteel ain't in that list anymore but CD-Rakowice is.

So I work on it in slow motion mode.

Upvote 0
I will take a look to all options Mord. Your right about the fact you can't destroy something your sitting next to but is in an area you don't hold.

Yesterday I played the map in Realism mode. The server was half filled and it behave well. Allied won but this might be caused by players needed to learn. The situation mentioned by Moe did not happen and I thought we where in a situation we could reproduce it. But the Hangar got activated.

As I still don't see TE-Rakowice in my maps which I can update in Steamworkshop I won't rush anything as this needs to be solved. Funny is even Coldsteel ain't in that list anymore but CD-Rakowice is.

So I work on it in slow motion mode.

Yeah, I wish I could have described the order of the objective capping and destruction, but I joined the map already in that situation. It will get sorted, just try not to pull your hair out in clumps!

Upvote 0
Pardon the below note to the very very very few engineers who are trying:

Drecks, I don't know what it is, but demolitionally challenge seem to flock to this map on the Russian side. Almost every other class but them seem to flock to and call out for objectives to be destroyed but the engineers avoid them like the plague :p

Again, my apologies to the one or two who really are trying :D

Upvote 0

Drecks, I don't know what it is, but demolitionally challenge seem to flock to this map on the Russian side. Almost every other class but them seem to flock to and call out for objectives to be destroyed but the engineers avoid them like the plague :p

Maybe the engineers in this game think explosives are for blowing up tanks.

Upvote 0

I completely agree as I just commited suicide as commander to blow up some of these objectives myself as engineer then committed suicide again to pick the commander role again. I even made it NooB proof and added some bloody text to tell them what to do. And even that does not ring a bell. And Engineers even spawn on SL.... so often spawn near the objective, Next update will have that text displayed in 5 languages.

I guess Einstein was right afterall.....

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

Last edited:
Upvote 0