• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

no, why? both versions are free, RO 2 and Rising Storm

Can you please elaborate how you own RO2/RS? The games are not free except for one time RO2 was offered free on Steam. It's also impossible to own RO2/RS on anything besides Steam no matter where you purchase the game. You get a Steam key no matter what. That's because the online of the game is integrated with Steamworks so it's impossible to play online otherwise.

Upvote 0
you will see, I install both versions, first 1.14 , this not work because the game's crash and then 1.15 alpha 4, same happens, like you'll see in pic that I posted
PS: I don't subscribe to Steam Workshop and link is down

Have you tried to download the moddb version of 1.14 yet? That one seemed to have worked for someone.

Upvote 0
The key questions are how much later and will it install itself? No matter how awesome it is, I'm not confident there will be anyone left willing to install and play it. :(

Even vanilla this week was approaching minimal critical mass IMO, where there's a handful of full servers and the rest are mostly empty leaving your choice to wait for a slot in a full one, or join one with 8 other players and bots. It's likely just some off times, but still, time is running out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
fallout 4. Everyones playing that. Give it a week or two.

++1

It will not install itself; full version will. Alphas are not being made to bring in a large audience, they are being made to test features and changes that I make; once I know they're working I'll be sending everything to Dibbler. Then it'll be finalized into a full release (including an installer, updated threads / etc.)

As to what AAZ is talking about, I am making a change to how our materials are handled in the game. I cannot garauntee it will work online but we are hoping it will. Basically, IF it does work, you will NOT need to have your config edited to have ForceLoadMods=SoundMutator. Fingers crossed. It's something I learned during my development of the Aufmarsch mod and I hope it translates to IOM.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Good news.

One question tho, alpha 5 seems a long way ahead, can we have an Alpha4 without the blur feature??...so we can still have some time to time IOM events....(maybe it's too much work)
Because the blur thing really keeps away the last players we had....

Good news that Alpha 5 is coming up soon and will bring some new stuff (Flamethrowers e.g. -hopefully :D)

But I would be really glad if that blur "drunken mode" effect could be removed or reduced to an minimum.
Hasn

Upvote 0
It's a shame the community received it so poorly. Shell-shock and even going completely blind from explosions is not unheard of. Brain damage from pressure waves can cause serious damage, and when powerful enough, will outright kill.

Community recieved it so poorly because its not implemented properly. It should only continue for a long time (like 10 seconds) when grenade blows up literally in front of you, max 10 meters from you. I was getting these 10+ seconds of blur even when grenade blew up somewhere on the street, when i was on the third floor of building.
The idea of blur is entirely, 100% correct, but its practical implementation is not perfect. But for me personally, even in the way it is implemented now, its still better than having no blur. I hope dibbler will be able to polish the blur effect so it will work properly without giving ridiculous effects on very long distance.

Upvote 0
This is my theory, and well one of the reasons why not many players are interested, either they're the casual crowd or the one that would have loved IOM, that left at the Beginning (RO1 Vets..)
IOM is a love-hate relationship at least for it is. It's a bit too realistic...
Which is why not everyone seems to like it.
I'm sure people have proposed a "Light" version before, and I honestly agree with them, sometimes the realism is too much or too different.

Upvote 0
You are basically unsuppressable and your gun are recoilless, in all regular cases of combat. So it is a lot easier when you are 99lvl

There's still recoil and suppression, just less recoil when you level up, as well as all the other nonsense, like higher movement speeds. Suppression is still in and I think it only varies if you're a hero or next to a hero? I don't know. MG's still turn you into a someone with parkinsons regardless of level. It's stupid.

I haven't loaded up the last couple of versions and one of the reasons is the excessive blur. (watched videos) It's not appealing. FWIW.....

Upvote 0