• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Compiled list of *good* suggestions from RO for ROHOS

this is just what i said o_O

gameplay whise the cam is fixed in your head
but for the player it looks like the cam is fixed around the chin or chest

and they didnt design it that way, but it just LOOKS better (even if its unrealistic) to see your arms and basically most of the weapon
i dont like it too, as beeing able to see your body when looking down is way better and more realistic

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think, but am not 100% about this, that the camera is somewhere in the lower part of the head. At one time it may have been at the top of the head, but then there were problems of people looking and shooting over walls, but not being able to be seen...

I remember the mod had the camera in the chest, kinda ridiculous.
I always hated to get shot in the head but actually you thought you were in best cover. Extremely annoying.

I think it should be okay to have the camera fit behind the nose, that's a bit lower that the eyes and prevents "oover-wall-shooting" and it's still not too low.

Also it should fit like that you can see your whole body below the head arms, upper + lower torso, legs and boots.

Upvote 0
There IS ONE THING TWI should really do and that is to have the ability to peek out of the Sd.Kfz. 251 at the rear compartment also why not allow the Sd.Kfz. 251 tailgate to be workable -

1469656917_29d51ef010_o.jpg

cod2halftracktailgatehp5.jpg

10822pn4.jpg

Upvote 0
please NO perks....

please NO perks....

One more thing that I would like to add, especially this is after reading the strange obsession with Perks and leveling up over in the Killing Floor forums.

Please, NO perks or strange character leveling up processes. I just personally think it would be out of place in a Red Orchestra game. You see many players there more worried about how they can quickly or artificially advance to the highest level when they should be "enjoying the ride" getting there instead. Just my 2 cents :)

Achievements that don't alter abilities seem ok even though I really don't pay attention to them myself

Upvote 0
Destroyable Buildings

Destroyable Buildings

Tanks and artillery should be able to destroy buildings or at least kill infantry in buildings.

Here's what I don't like: I'm in, say, an ISU-152, with a main gun that can obliterate a city block, and one infantryman is invulnerable to me because he's hiding inside a wooden shack with the door closed. If I want to kill him I have to get out of my tank and go into the shack -- and probably get shot in the process.

If it's too hard to make all buildings destroyable, at least make the infantry inside vulnerable to sufficiently large HE shells, i.e. maybe the building (or shack) remains but the occupants are killed -- and without having to try to aim a tank gun for an open window.

Upvote 0
One thing that always disappointed me about the UT 2.5 engine is how it handled, or rather did not, handle object collisions. You can throw a satchel charge onto the engine deck of a tank, only to have it slide off like it has no friction. I would like to see a more robust system for items interacting with moving vehicles, a satchel charge sitting next to a tank might only blow a track off, but if you manage to stick one in the gap between the turret and hull of a tank it can blow the turret off. Maybe even add in magnetic mines etc.

Time for the [URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hafthohlladung[/URL] That would be a good replacement for the Satchel charge.
And already seen in Mare Nostrum.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One more thing that I would like to add, especially this is after reading the strange obsession with Perks and leveling up over in the Killing Floor forums.

Please, NO perks or strange character leveling up processes. I just personally think it would be out of place in a Red Orchestra game. You see many players there more worried about how they can quickly or artificially advance to the highest level when they should be "enjoying the ride" getting there instead. Just my 2 cents :)

Achievements that don't alter abilities seem ok even though I really don't pay attention to them myself

Maybe stats for each side or per map would be good? Like axis casualties xxx allied/soviet casualties xxx, how many times won etc.

Upvote 0
In connection with bullet penetration

In connection with bullet penetration

Having dl'ed and played Killing Floor I have observed that it does have bullet penetration in the form of the bolts from the crossbow being able to penetrate several 'specimens' and thus killing more than one of them with just one shot !!1!FTW!! :eek:

A similar capability for rifle/machinegun bullets in Heroes of Stalingrad would be nice to have :)

Espicially for machineguns that would be a desirable and realistic feature as their real strength lies in the bullets ability to pass through more than one human body, numbers depending on several factors such as distance to target, caliber and shape of the projectile etc. etc. but on the combat ranges we experience in RO a good 2-3 bodies being hit per rifle/machinegun-bullet is not unrealistic - that is if people is kind enough to line up for such a shot of course ;)

Submachinegun bullets would probably also be able to penetrate more than one body at close quaters ranges and that could be an option to include also.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Having dl'ed and played Killing Floor I have observed that it does have bullet penetration in the form of the bolts from the crossbow being able to penetrate several 'specimens' and thus killing more than one of them with just one shot !!1!FTW!! :eek:

We actually lined up 8 guys on the Jucha 88s during the mod ;)
My highest actual ingame kill back then was 3 guys with one bullet.
Though it's probably intended for KF, back then it was probably a bug

Upvote 0
Actually, that proved to be a very effective way of killing Tigers. At the battle of Kursk, soviet infantry would crawl up to a tiger and toss a molotov in its tail pipe. Dead tiger and tiger crew. (The ammo would cook off and oxygen would be sucked out)

now tell me how ammo stored inside the crew compatement would be cooked off by a fire in the exhaustpipe?

molotovs are a pretty poor way to actually disable any (back then) modern tank

the only effect a molotov would have is to MAYBE damage the engine
and you probably could bath a heavy tank in flames, as those metal plates are pretty damn think, and metal of that thickness doesnt heat up that fast (so just heating up a tank to get the crew to bail is also a pretty poor method)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
now tell me how ammo stored inside the crew compatement would be cooked off by a fire in the exhaustpipe?

molotovs are a pretty poor way to actually disable any (back then) modern tank

the only effect a molotov would have is to MAYBE damage the engine
and you probably could bath a heavy tank in flames, as those metal plates are pretty damn think, and metal of that thickness doesnt heat up that fast (so just heating up a tank to get the crew to bail is also a pretty poor method)

Fire spreads. Very fast. And even if it didn't cook off the ammo, it would kill the crew. Oxygen would begin to be sucked out, and the inside would heat up, wether the fire actually reached the crew compartment or not (this would be a more likley scenario for the ammo cooking.) Besides, the Molotov cocktails used by the Russians were enhanced- they relied on a chemical reaction that occured when they smashed instead of relying on fire to light the chemicals. If the crew did, infact, manage to escape, then there was a good chance they would be killed by another tank or infantry. So yeah, it wasn't as good as a shaped charge in the right place, but it did work at close range. It was employed with sucess on more than just old Mark II's in the battle of Kursk.

Upvote 0
Besides, the Molotov cocktails used by the Russians were enhanced- they relied on a chemical reaction that occured when they smashed instead of relying on fire to light the chemicals.

I think you are thinking of the Finnish Molotov they used acid to light their molotovs when they smashed on enemy tanks. The Soviet ones from what I've read were crude simple ones made with whatever was available.

The Finnish said:
Long fragile glass ampoule filled with self-igniting material (sulphuric acid or white phosphorus in carbon disulphide) installed inside the bottle. As the bottle broke the fragile glass ampoule broke also and it's contents set the liquid on fire. This ignition method was designed by Finnish Defence Ministry Planning Office during Winter War.

There is a have a pretty good video (ww2 training video below) about vs Panthers (Ausf D models)"molotovs"/ infantry: thrown on it by Soviet infantry the driver immediately shut off the engine and the loader opened the escape hatch up and used the fire extinguisher (all German tanks had these although they were not always full) to put it out:
YouTube - PzKfw V PANTHER TRAINING FILM 1943

Last edited:
Upvote 0