• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The RO:HoS Fact Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post updated:

- Peripheral Vision Indicators: '...you'll get a small indicator letting you know that there's an enemy in your peripheral vision.' (Source:Voodoo Extreme Interview)

- Character Progression: 'character progression, in which players level and rank up. This progression eventually leads to the creation of the titular Heroes. Once at that level, characters will have access to special items and bonuses, but it's the visual cues that sounded interesting in the progression. When a character cracks open Heroes of Stalingrad, they'll be a clean-shaven recruit, sporting a leftover, worn weapon. As they make their way towards becoming a Hero, they grow towards being a hardened veteran. This doesn't mean everyone will be a muscled Rambo, but instead a more grizzled veteran in which your experience shows on your face and your clothes. Steiner, from the old film Cross of Iron, was their prototype Hero. But unlike the recruit's clunky, used weapon, the Hero gets a sharp, clean piece of machinery that will reign terror on their enemies (that's the aim, anyway).' (Source:Voodoo Extreme Interview)

- Firefight Mode: 'Firefight, which is the Red Orchestra take on a team deathmatch' (Source:Voodoo Extreme Interview)

- Countdown Mode: 'In Countdown players still only get one life, but they get one life per objective, and there are multiple objectives per level. These can be anything from a territory capture, blowing something up or reaching a certain position. There are no solid definitions for the extent of their objectives, but these are the current ideas they're working on. Once the attacking players take the objective, everyone respawns and the match moves to the next area. Alternatively, if the defenders kill all the attackers, they win the round and everyone switches sides. ...Each objective is timed to a few minutes (3 minutes for now) so that players must play quickly and with their heads' (Source:Voodoo Extreme Interview)

- Multiplayer Campaign Mode: 'When players enter into the campaign, it's a giant power struggle. As a team wins a map, it's marked on that large map and the battle progresses into a new area. As teams win they gain Combat Strength, which directly ties to reinforcements and allows them to fight further against the losers. Thus, as one team captures more areas, they both grow stronger but use more strength, leaving them more vulnerable as they approach complete domination. This creates an epic tug-of-war in which those original fifteen minute white-knuckle rumbles turn into a two to three hour war.' (Source:Voodoo Extreme Interview)

Maps section added.

Upvote 0
First post updated:

- Gewehr 41 Walther (Confirmed here)
- Tokarev AVT40 (Confirmed here)
Wow. Nice find (by both you and TW). Cool site with nice folks, too.

I love this found in one of the posts:
The original game has Svt-40s in it so I bet this one does also. I will add that firing the Svt-40 in the game is very similar to firing mine in real life except the one in the game is all original and matching where mine is a refurb
frown.jpg
. This is a very good and fun game , I think anyone who collects ww2 items would enjoy it.

Upvote 0
no, it's definitely a pIV, just look at the muzzle break on the gun and where the gun connects to the turret. pIII didn't have a muzzle break and the section where the gun attaches to the turret is wider and more flat on the pIII. also look at the spokes in the wheels and you can even see the last of the four "circle things" (idk the technical term but there's four of them inside the tracks section). the only thing that kept me wondering was the commander's hatch. reason being the pIVs in ROOST have taller, thicker ones and the one in this screen shot is more flat like that of the pIII.

pIII - note the track section
pIV - note the track section
pIV G

Wilson confirmed it is an Ausf.G which would explain the single hatch instead of the double hatch which was the only thing throwing me off.

The double hatch for the commander's cupola was replaced by a single round hatch from very late model Ausf. G. and the cupola was up-armored as well. Source

so i got the model right, but was just slightly off with the version. regardless, it's a pIV not a pIII.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
no, it's definitely a pIV, just look at the muzzle break on the gun and where the gun connects to the turret. pIII didn't have a muzzle break and the section where the gun attaches to the turret is wider and more flat on the pIII. also look at the spokes in the wheels and you can even see the last of the four "circle things" (idk the technical term but there's four of them inside the tracks section). the only thing that kept me wondering was the commander's hatch. reason being the pIVs in ROOST have taller, thicker ones and the one in this screen shot is more flat like that of the pIII.

pIII - note the track section
pIV - note the track section
pIV G

Wilson confirmed it is an Ausf.G which would explain the single hatch instead of the double hatch which was the only thing throwing me off.

so i got the model right, but was just slightly off with the version. regardless, it's a pIV not a pIII.
Oh, okay. Thanks for the clarification. It was bugging me for a while. :)

Upvote 0
yeah i was talking in steam with Variousnames for like 30 minutes trying to figure it out lol! MUST HAVE CLOSE UP HI-RES SCREENIE :D
That would making it all too easy :p

And the differences around the Ausf.F2 through G all get complicated. There were a ton of minor modifications being made along the way, little tweaks in the production. Not counting upgunning, which isn't that minor (even though the performance difference turned out to be minimal in the real world).

Upvote 0
- WWII weaponry Redefined: True to life ballistics, bullet penetration, breathing, adjustable sights, free aim, weapon bracing, photo-real graphics and more.

- Damage System: A detailed hit detection system. Specific bodyparts hit are more lethal than others. Instant Death, Lethal, Critical and Non-Critical. (Source: PC Gamer Article July '09)

This creates an epic tug-of-war in which those original fifteen minute white-knuckle rumbles turn into a two to three hour war.'

- Server Class Lock: Some classes are locked until a certain amount of players join the server.

I foresee the adjustable sights being used by snipers and machine gunners almost exclusively, also, will they work in the same way the sight adjusting on tanks does in RO:O?

Does this mean that I'll spend a couple of seconds crawling around on the floor after a lethal, but not instant death shot?

You know just yesterday I was saying "I'd like to have an aneurysm every night when I get home."

Yay, now I can have slow load times and get the sniper!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.