• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Electronic music thread

Ze bells ze bells! Awesome track, so intense :eek:
Really good stuff Misty :D

I used to listen to alot of hard Tresor stuff, it gets a bit too much for me these days, getting old :) Still love old-school detroit stuff though:

YouTube - keith tucker - it's a mood (detroit saved my soul)

YouTube - Drexciya - "Devil Ray Cove"

YouTube - Underground Resistance - Jupiter Jazz

Some early 90s trance next - heck, kids now wouldn't even call it Trance I guess, definition of "trance" has been destroyed by Tiesto, Oakenf*ck and their ilk... :(
Classic tracks though:

YouTube - Denki groove - "Niji"

YouTube - Visions Of Shiva - How Much Can You Take

YouTube - Last Train to Lhasa

So chill... :)

Other classic tracks:

YouTube - Abfahrt - Come into my Life (SMILE)

YouTube - Ken Ishii - extra

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Where Ragga meets "Electronica" whatever tf that is supposed to be - a term coined for people who don't GET the music, imo.

So true, I really hated it when the term started being used to mean *everything* that didn't fit into basic stereotypes of what the white "rock" people recognized - its just too generic and has no meaning. Hell, there's House, Disco, there's Techno, Gabba, Jungle, Drum'n'bass, Trance etc etc - Theres no "electronica".

For lack of a better word I still use "electronic music" though when talking to people who have no reference of the genres... :D

Good stuff Nestor, and Nimsky - dub is definitely electronic music imo. Also it was a major influence on the early Jungle sound, which basically was mixing Ragga, Dub and speeded up Hip-hop beats.

YouTube - Jungle Massive III - Shy FX Essential Mix Intro

YouTube - old skool jungle

YouTube - Aphrodite - Stalker

HUGE HIT:

YouTube - uk apache & shy-fx - original nuttah

oh man have I danced to this one - thing about dancing to Jungle, you dont move to the hi-hat, you just look like a spaz, better to smoke a bit and move to the sweet bassline :D

If you guys haven't heard about it (you probably have) - go check out Ishkur's Guide To Electronic Music, awesome guide:
http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
now we're talking.
Points go the mistkafer for jeff mills
Shadrach winning for Jupiter Jazz

I was a Lost regular so I used to hear these guys play live.

Regarding losing your techno vinal collection, sorry to rub it in but i've still got all that old detroit stuff -
early UR stuff with favs like sonic ep,final frontier, world 2 world (of course), galaxy 2 galaxy, dark energy
Most of the early Transmat - strings of life, art of stalking, der klang
Steve Bicknall's early stuff on cosmic
Crap loadsa +8 stuff - Like Hawtin but De-orbit best on that label

So much actually - over a 1000 anyway. Going on ebay prices, well into the

Upvote 0
Best Shy FX track ever, The Message, at beginning mixed (rather annoyingly imo) with original nuttah - excellent Mr T Video scratching though for the first 30 secs til it gets boring, that is.

YouTube - Classic Drum & Bass Mini Mix 94-97

Can't find a link to the raw track, unmixed; pity, really, as that was the kinda track you would crank thru the JBL's and use as a rocket assist on the car. :D

Did find this, though - hail the 'rider.

YouTube - DNB Ragga - Freestylers - B-boy Stance (Grooverider Vocal Mix )

Re the Aphrodite track - I posted this before but it seems appropriate here to post this...

YouTube - Aphrodite - Stalker (Human Traffic)

I mixed this ragga voice-over version with the main track once and WAS going to use it as the easter egg on DH-Carentan but thought there was no way of doing all the animations for those guys spazzing out in the record shop (more's the pity :D)

and while we're on the subject, Human Traffic is a top film, even if it does feature Danny Dire :/

YouTube - Human Traffic Part 1

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Probably a fair % of the 'electronic' music I listen to is older stuff like:
YouTube - Kraftwerk - The Robots
(or less old, but still 'old'):
YouTube - Newcleus - Jam On It

If you want some more electro-techno-dancy stuff , Eon's 'The Spice must Flow' is one of my fav's from the late 80s
YouTube - EON A3 Spice (Original Mix With Notes)

Of course alot of the kids these days listen to alot of EBM
YouTube - Covenant - Like Tears in Rain

But I'm more of the Electro-Industrial sorta guy:
YouTube - Skinny Puppy - Spasmolytic

I think that pretty much covers all sorta of Electronic music I listen to.. except for the odd Ambient track.

Upvote 0