• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'll Show You Mine If You'll Show Me Yours (Part Deux)

One of the few ways to have a legal blank-firing machine gun in the US involves having bullets - blanks - inserted backwards, so that there's no way for it to fire a real bullet.

Meh, looks twisted around to me.

Can't have automatic blank firing guns in the US, eh? Never knew that. What sort of paperwork do they need to be legal without "loading" backwards?

Upvote 0
Meh, looks twisted around to me.

Can't have automatic blank firing guns in the US, eh? Never knew that. What sort of paperwork do they need to be legal without "loading" backwards?

Problem is that most times, when you have a machine gun that shoots blanks, it's not that difficult to make it a machine gun that shoots real bullets. Usually it's just going to be a matter of changing the barrel or something. As a result, the ATF generally comes down quite hard on them: anything that can be easily converted into a machine gun legally is a machine gun.

It's really not worth it, generally speaking, to bother trying to have a blank firing machine gun. It's not exactly an off-the-shelf item, so you'll probably wind up spending just about as much money to have one custom made as you would on buying a real one legally, and getting a blank-firing adapter for it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Makes sense.

One would think the adapter itself would be enough, but the ATF is pretty **** about well... everything.

Um ... a blank firing adapter is just a thing that slips onto the muzzle to increase the backpressure, so that the bolt will operate. You take it off again when you're ready to use real rounds.

It doesn't make something incapable of firing real ammunition, just makes a normal machine gun temporarily capable of functioning with blank rounds.

Upvote 0
M/28 "Pystykorva"->
015.jpg
fully operational.
pystykorvafreelook1.jpg
The nickname was given because the front sight looks like the dogs ears as you can see.
pystykorvasight1.jpg

pystykorvapistinro2.jpg

Me in my Wehrmacht Splinter Reversible Parka it was over -20

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Um ... a blank firing adapter is just a thing that slips onto the muzzle to increase the backpressure, so that the bolt will operate. You take it off again when you're ready to use real rounds.

It doesn't make something incapable of firing real ammunition, just makes a normal machine gun temporarily capable of functioning with blank rounds.

I know this. I was just commenting on how untrusting the ATF is.

I mean, if you can't even load a MG meant for blanks the right way...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You should hear the calls and complaints the Police receive when people ride back from shows in their military jeeps with the replica M60s and M1919s and M2s mounted... even obvious fakes/non-firing replicas scare the bejesus out of soccer moms and make them start seeing terrorists on every corner!

Are the Russians invading Georgia again?

Upvote 0
It is great to see a thread like this!

I am currently a collector of Bolt action rifles. They are all in working order and thanks to the belgian gun law, i can own these rifles without any license. I plan to shoot with the swedish mauser and nagant in the future.
I mainly collect Steyr mannlichers, carcano's and non-german mausers.

I currently posses 10 rifles. They are ALL in working condition.
NOTE you will notice a stain on the picture, thats gun grease on the blanket :)

m9127.jpg

Finnish M91/27. Also know as finnish nagant. Serial matched, exept for the bolt. Made in 1925.calibre is 7.62x53Finnish

k31x.jpg

Swiss Schmidt Rubin K31. Fully serial matched. This is the 28840th K31 built(Of 500 000). Made in 1932. Calibre is 7.5x55mm Swiss

m91dragoon.jpg

Russian M91 Dragoon/30 mosin nagant. Serial matched, made in 1928. This is one of the rare 'Hybrid' dragoon/30 models. My nagant has the hexagon reciever, but has the rear sights of the model 30 and the front sight hood of the 30. Calibre is 7.62x54 Russian

berthier.jpg

French Berthier Mle 1903/15. Made in 1917, serial matched exept for the bolt.
Calibre is 8x50 Lebel

longgevar96.jpg

Swedish Gev

Upvote 0