• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam workshop, Tripwire Interactive Bundle - and a sale

Awesome, but there seems to be a lot of spam in the logs at the moment. Firstly when downloading content (when you launch the game) it writes countless lines to the log, and on the "select gametype" screen it spams the log with this:

Log: MaterialSequence KFThumbs.KFShots was not renderable and no fallbacks were available
Log: MaterialSequence KFThumbs.KFShots was not renderable and no fallbacks were available

[edit]

It should probably be obvious, but if your gametype has no KFThumbs.KFShots it will spam the log with this error, and unfortunately it seems to try to display any gametypes you've tried to make, so any of the experimental ones will appear and make the game spam the log. Should be easy to fix. :)

[edit]

Also, it'd be good to be able to sort items by category, for example: mutators, skins, game modes, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As nice as it sounds steam workshop implementation has only been an annoyance for me ...

It seems it's only downloading content when KF is launched, so it lags my game when playing (pings around 180-300). Can the download be also active when KF is not running?

Last but MOST ANnOYiNG, when playing and bearing the high latency while SW is downloading, KF and Steam will randomly crash. That happens every couple minutes ...

I am tempted to remove all my SW subscriptions.

edit : removing all subs did the trick.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As nice as it sounds steam workshop implementation has only been an annoyance for me ...

It seems it's only downloading content when KF is launched, so it lags my game when playing (pings around 180-300). Can the download be also active when KF is not running?

Last but MOST ANnOYiNG, when playing and bearing the high latency while SW is downloading, KF and Steam will randomly crash. That happens every couple minutes ...

I am tempted to remove all my SW subscriptions.

edit : removing all subs did the trick.

Wait till the content is downloaded before joining a game?

Upvote 0
Good job! So you modified a community made stuff and released it as yours in DLC. Very good job tripwire ...

I can only assume you decided to just talk out your rear without reading the part that creators are getting money for their work through the paid weapon DLC.

Now that I have enlightened you on that, please feel free to resume talking out of the wrong end of your anatomy. :D

Upvote 0