• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design KF-Arcade-Shopping-Center-Final

While this is a nice environment, there's only one trader eliminating the need to move around the map. There's a LOT of stuff that's cool to see. The Pizza Hut and Arcade areas on the top floor are nice, but no one'd really get the need to move up there since the trader's on the bottom floor. All in all, there just needs to be more traders.

Upvote 0
While this is a nice environment, there's only one trader eliminating the need to move around the map. There's a LOT of stuff that's cool to see. The Pizza Hut and Arcade areas on the top floor are nice, but no one'd really get the need to move up there since the trader's on the bottom floor. All in all, there just needs to be more traders.

I thought this too. Is this just a Shinobi map type of thing because on the Arcade-Action one or whatever there was just one trader.

All in all, its pretty fun but maybe get two more traders in, like perhaps one trader shop could be an upstairs store thats got bars over the windows so she still has the appearance of being safe in a realistic way. Also, maybe you could add a trader shop somewhere behind the stores on the back side of the mall to kinda encourage the moving around. All in all, its a nice map and just a few changes would really help bring it to life. Perhaps somewhere down the line a mapper could come in and actually add some things to shoe stores and so on where its just flat?

Upvote 0
Got to play it a little with a few players and here are my impressions:

The map is very large. Maybe even too large... it's awesome that there are two floors but maybe you could make it a little smaller and playable. You should also add some ammo crates, more weapons and money because it's really difficult right now. Also, you should fix the trader door because it does not close properly.

I loved the skateboard thingy and the stores, and overall it's a great map and you really did a wonderful job, but it needs some improvements. Maybe deleting some of the tunnel-like areas?

Hoping to hear from you!

Upvote 0