Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Privay Policy Update

We’ve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We’ve incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We’ve added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: http://tripwireinteractive.com/policies/privacy-notice
2 of 2 < >

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.

Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.

General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Name Shaming and Public "Witch Hunts" are also not allowed.
    3. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    4. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    5. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.[/COLOR]
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!

DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post, "necro post" or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.

Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
[COLOR=darkred]Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.

Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.

A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

[Mutator] Modded Specimen Mechanics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mutator] Modded Specimen Mechanics

This mutator adds a twist to the vanilla game by giving the zeds new abilities in their quest to kill the survivors. A play list showcasing the new abilities is on my YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=F1F92DF5A3B7F916) and an list of zed changes is on the project's GitHub page (https://github.com/scaryghost/SuperZombieMut/wiki)

Latest version is 2.3.2, you can read more about it here:
    http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...&postcount=220

Download

https://github.com/scaryghost/SuperZ...Mut_v2.3.2.zip

Advanced Configuration
    A separate add on mutator was created to provide more configuration options to the mutator. You can get it from the below link:

https://github.com/scaryghost/SuperZ...onfig_v1.1.zip

Source Code
    https://github.com/scaryghost/SuperZombieMut

Steam Workshop
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=99086918
    Last edited by scary ghost; 12-08-2014, 08:06 AM. Reason: updated with 2.3.1 release
    Server Achievements|Super Zombies|KFStatsX|Specimen Mechanics

You like challenging, huh?

Just a person, no big deal about me.

Comment

I like it. If I saw it correctly then a swing miss will still reset the timer.
      Last edited by the 1st wasted; 03-05-2011, 10:17 AM.
      Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way.

Comment

Honestly... I think this is how it should be.

It would make thing's much more difficult then having to just break line-of-sight to reset the timer.

Comment

It's good to see others modifying the specimens.

Another change I'd like to see is something that affects the way players can 'bodyblock' specimens. Having him switch target (post-attack) to the person that blocked his attack might add some more strategy (and difficulty), assuming this isn't what happens already.

Alternately, alter his MeleeDamageTarget function to allow non-targets to be hit by his attacks, thus removing the ability to bodyblock. Although, while it'd add a bit of realism I don't think it's worth removing such a strategy. Even though it's a bit silly, this game needs as much additional strategy as possible, especially if it encourages teamwork.

Comment

I think this is how it should be as well.

I also think the whiffed swings should be changed, if the fp whiffs I don't think the frustration meter should reset as it is.

It would be nice if whiffs didn't effect it at all, no pause or reset, and the only way to reset it is if the hit connects.

I'm not sure if that would be too extreme or not, though.
            Last edited by Big_BenKYS; 03-07-2011, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Sound good, but I don't see the point to modify something that should be standard with the game.
              Mainly because whitelisting a mutator seems to take forever, and this is frustrating enough for me to not release other ready mutators for months already because of that.
              Not in whitelist = unusable mutator = time wasted to have take the time to make something correctly to improve the game, whatever how the idea was good and that's sad.
              Good luck mate
              [URL="http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=45945"]Weapon & Specimen Stats[/URL] | [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?iuq0nfzuw6mzr"]My KF download folder[/URL] | [URL="http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=84649"]Known bugs fixed[/URL]
              [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?iuq0nfzuw6mzr"][/URL]

Comment

YouTube - Killing Floor - Super Zombie Mutator v1.1

Haha, I like this one scary. Good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Yin View Post
                  Haha, I like this one scary. Good work.
                  Thanks Yin! I had many ideas for deterring chainsaw gang bang, but firing a point blank rocket was the funniest one. Thanks to some bugged animations, he doesn't even load the rocket at times, there's just an explosion and people die. I would love to load that mutator and have 6 unsuspecting people try to go lumberjacks on him.

As Yin has mentioned, the patriarch is the next specimen I'm tinkering with. Specifically, I want to reduce the success rate of chainsaw/axe gang bang and 6 supports welding trapping him in the room because both strategies are pretty much a guaranteed win. You can get my latest commits for the patriarch changes to try for yourself on my github page under the branch "milestone_1_1".

https://github.com/scaryghost/SuperZ.../milestone_1_1

For the gang bang, I have modified the patriarch so he'll shoot a rocket at point blank instead of dropping to his knees if he is surrounded. To deal with the weld in strategy, I implemented 9_6's idea of having him automatically destroy any welded door in his path when escaping, instead of stopping to shoot a rocket. I'm still tweaking the anti-lumberjack implementation so I'm not ready yet to release an update.

I have some crawler and gorefast ideas I want to implement but I will take another look at fleshpounds. SMIFF, Benjanim and BenKYS have some good ideas regarding fleshpounds that I like.
                  Last edited by scary ghost; 03-07-2011, 04:20 PM.

Comment

I really like the idea of him firing a rocket at point blank when he's surrounded, that would surely make the chainsaw tactic much harder or even impossible.

I actually kind of wish he had some kind of area of effect move that just pushed everyone around him about 10, maybe 20 or so feet away, but I guess that would be fairly difficult to add.

And the addition of him just being able to plow through welded doors when he's running away is a great solution to just being able to weld him in.

Comment

excellent work!

I am honestly delighted that someone is doing this, and it looks to be working out great.

Now someone just needs to make an m14 with a better scope, and maybe some spawning code, and that'd be a major step for KF

I used to have a pointless signature, but those days are past.
                      http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...er.php?u=24084

Comment

That rocket attack looks very unforgiving lol. Good for unsuspecting pub lulz.

Greater Good Games
                        KillingFloorServer: 204.145.81.18:7707

Comment

I've decided to release version 1.1 as is. I can't figure out why the patriarch animations bug out when doing the point blank rocket but it does do it's job of punishing a group that has surrounded him.

I will be tweaking crawler, stalker, and gorefast next, then after that, some more fleshpound tweaks.

Comment

Maybe you should allow the Patriarch to heal himself while he's running away and make him push away everything in his way while he runs away, once he's done healing he'll restealth, he's incredibly vulnerable when he wants to heal, either he just spazzes out, attacks someone or uses the regular "stand still and poke myself" thing, which is kinda lame. :3

PS: Sort of a "pushback" like the Fleshpound does when he mows through everything when he is enraged, just don't make it do incredible damage that would be overpowered.
                            Last edited by Yin; 03-11-2011, 11:32 PM.

Comment

I tried to add a knock back effect for when he is running away but I couldn't get it to work at the time. I do like the idea and I want to get it in. I am also considering giving him a charging melee attack like the gorefast.

Comment

Working...
                              X