• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

[Mutator] Modded Specimen Mechanics

scary ghost

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 13, 2010
California
Updated with fleshpound, husk, and crawler changes.

At this point, I've touched up every specimen except the bloat and clot. Not sure what to do with those 2 but in the meantime, I will be polishing up the code and hopefully have a bug free mutator people can test. I would like to get it whitelisted *crosses fingers* so I would love to have some feedback on how different the mutator makes the game.

halbridious

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 6, 2011
Michigan (USA)
clots - take away the jump-out-of-grab if u can (for low dif., i know twi did for higher difficulties). Bloats could be made to explode faster, so there's less time to run away from teh puddle of acid when u blow one up...

masteriamamind

Oct 12, 2010
Evil Lair
I would love to see the bloat puke ranged tripled(quadrupled?) and the death explosion range doubled. That would give sharpy's constant priority targets and give zerkers another zed that they are best at dealing with. Bloat bile on HOE is a death sentence. Rarely happens because they are to slow to get in range. Super projectile vomit+gut buster bomb= dead players. I like.

timur

FNG / Fresh Meat
I would love to see the bloat puke ranged tripled(quadrupled?) and the death explosion range doubled. That would give sharpy's constant priority targets and give zerkers another zed that they are best at dealing with. Bloat bile on HOE is a death sentence. Rarely happens because they are to slow to get in range. Super projectile vomit+gut buster bomb= dead players. I like.

Bloats should vomit baby Fleshpounds :cool:

Yin

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 17, 2010
Still hoping for Scary to implement my idea of making the Bloat perma puke whenever something is in rage without a wind up time. T.T

mooarchanox

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 19, 2010
loved the mutator. i suggested Bloat for suicide bombing ~

also i would love this to be configurable via config menu (choosing which to replace or not)

anyway thanks ~ !

scary ghost

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 13, 2010
California
Having some problems with the bloat at the moment. I haven't had any luck at getting his bile to travel further. You'd think altering the variable "SavedFireProperties.MaxRange" would do the trick but nope. The code mocks me. I might be able to do Yin's idea of continuous puking if I can get the animations to work out correctly. If not, as a compromise, I will just make it so a constant stream of bile projectiles come out, instead of just having 1 stream of 3, when the bloat has leaned over.

As for the clot, taking away the jumping on all difficulties would require me to modify the code for the human players. I want to keep the modded files to only the specimens and their respective files. At this point, I might just leave the clot as is as he did get a nice buff in the last patch.

Any sort of configuration menu will be the last thing I add. I plan to finish up the bloat first and clean up the code first.

halbridious

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 6, 2011
Michigan (USA)
no anti-jump eh... Get a funky barbute model and add it to the clot, take away their easy headshot :p that'd make them a pain in the rear all over again :D

Yin

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 17, 2010
Headless clot that can only be killed by bodyshots.

Tendency

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 12, 2009
www.rainingblood.org
Whats the zombie information to have the shades spawn during sandbox?

Also the Fleshpounds because the code in the readme doesnt make them spawn.

Last edited:

Tendency

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 12, 2009
www.rainingblood.org
Thanks for the information.

The FP doesnt work for me using 1.4 on a dedicated server. No FP spawn at all.

This is the way it written in the .ini file. I just replaced the original FP with your SuperFP. All others work.

Code:
MonsterClasses=(MClassName="SuperZombie.ZombieSuperFP",Mid="F")

Last edited:

scary ghost

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 13, 2010
California
Hrm..not sure then. That is the name I use in sandbox mode when I'm testing. Wait, why are you running this in sandbox mode? The mutator already replaces everything for you.

Last edited:

scary ghost

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 13, 2010
California
Version 1.5 is out. Added a toned down version of the original super bloat and made some tweaks to the siren and patriarch.