• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Battlefield 3

Too bad they chance the AT mine mechanics really.
You have to be smart about their placement but it's still fairly dependant on luck to get a kill.
If they get destroyed 20 seconds after your death it will be very hard to get kills with them I guess. Makes people want to camp more too I think.

The point is that, there can be loads of mines at the end of the day...

Jeez, don't I know it :D.

EDIT: What Rak says sounds more than reasonable.
I've had a card that booted, then didn't, then did...
I pumped my PSU.

Fixed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Maybe your PSU can't handle it? Though if that was the case it wouldn't work properly in games too.

That is what I am thinking. My old card only used 16 less watts, but required 40 amps rather than 38 for the 560ti. I've read that others run 560tis on similar PSUs as well.

As I mentioned, I've played it flawlessly in BF3... 0 issues in game.

Upvote 0
The point is that, there can be loads of mines at the end of the day...

Jeez, don't I know it :D.

Havent really had an issue where a map became overcrowded with AT mines myself.
People are becoming more aware of them and they continually blow them up before they can do any harm, or they get randomly detonated by a grenade or whatever.
Imo they are fine as it is and dont really need changing.

Besides, it's also fun to plonk down your own AT mine next to one of the enemy. Usually after a while the enemy will drive along and be blown to bits because they thought it was just a friendly mine :p

Upvote 0
Back in Windows. Looks like my video card only has issues when turning on my PC after a normal power down via Windows. Turning off the PSU, turning it back on works fine. Amazon is sending me a replacement free of charge. This is why I continue to shop there.

Since the card is working fine for the moment, I might as well play some BF3. I just reunlocked he Eotech and suppressor for the SCAR H. I guess I last won it on an unranked server. I think the ACOG is next.

After I am done with the SCAR H I will work with the M4A1.

Thermal vision on the APCs is great to.

Upvote 0
Look like my replacement video card is damaged on the PCI-E connector. One of the pins is damaged and there is a dent in the PCB under the connector. So no BF3 for days, or weeks. I can't go back to my 260's performance now. :(

I am debating if I should get a replacement for the replacement, or just go with AMD... the issue is those mammoth HD 6950s will cover my SATA ports. And AMD's vision lacks profile support (big issue for me) and has no Physx.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure I like the idea of paying $15 for 4 recycled maps. Even though I'd still have paid less than everyone else because I bought the game for 50% off during the Cyber Monday sale. :) Maybe DLCs are the true reason behind no SDK! :conspiracy:

To be fair they have added bunch of other stuff there aswell, so it's not just 4 maps. I don't know would I pay 12

Upvote 0
I hope it goes on sale. I paid $30 for BF3, which I think was fair, but $15 for 4 maps, a few vehicles and weapons, and some other slight changes isn't worth it IMO.

13 maps is on the low side for MP games... and they expect you to pay more to get to that number in the first place. I'll get it myself, but I'll wait until it is on sale.

I really wish there would be an RO or PR type mod for this game. Its too bad that there are no mod, or even mapping tools. :(

Upvote 0
...or you could've just pre-ordered BF3, getting B2K for free.
... and bought the game completely blind, not sure if it was worth ANY of your money to big with ... :rolleyes:

And Frogger: you have the worst luck friend lol. Two lemons in a row are indeed rare. I'd say stick with it -- the Nvidia version is a slightly better card and Nvidia drivers are usually really solid as well, not to mention lots of games having compatibility issues with ATI lately.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Look like my replacement video card is damaged on the PCI-E connector. One of the pins is damaged and there is a dent in the PCB under the connector. So no BF3 for days, or weeks. I can't go back to my 260's performance now. :(

I am debating if I should get a replacement for the replacement, or just go with AMD... the issue is those mammoth HD 6950s will cover my SATA ports. And AMD's vision lacks profile support (big issue for me) and has no Physx.

6950 is pretty good (performance wise) and mine was smaller than I expected so it fitted well... I never found any incompatibilities with new games, however... I'm having a lot of issues with games that are not graphically intense, I mean indie games like Spacechem or Multiwinia... they just freeze the pc cold with vertical lines, and it happened to me while viewing some videos too (this has not happened in quite a while though). If I had a second chance I would have chosen the 560ti instead, sacrificing a bit of performance for stability (and even then I'm not really sure about how stable the 560ti is).

Upvote 0
... and bought the game completely blind, not sure if it was worth ANY of your money to big with ... :rolleyes:

And Frogger: you have the worst luck friend lol. Two lemons in a row are indeed rare. I'd say stick with it -- the Nvidia version is a slightly better card and Nvidia drivers are usually really solid as well, not to mention lots of games having compatibility issues with ATI lately.

Yeah, Amazon is great. My 3rd card will be here tomorrow. No cost for me. At all. Aside from the price of the video card of course.

If this one is bad I will get the HD 6950 2GB by Saphire. The one with duel fans. My friend has it and unlocked it to a 6970, and it runs fine on his Antec Earthwatts 500. He is also maxing out BF3 (before and after the BIOS switch).

I am about to unlock the G-36C. But at the moment I am playing through the SP. Very generic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0