• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Battlefield 3

This. Though you have to use them in teams or else the aircraft will reload their flares.

My 3rd 560ti works fine. About time. :IS2:
Mmm MANPADS are quite useless in this game. Helicopters will flarespam, jets will use ECM jammer OR outrun to mapborder till their flares have reloaded OR will avoid the stinger by just making a l33t maneuver without ever having to use flares or ECM jammer.

DICE kindof failed on the manpads tbh.

Upvote 0
Watched a friend play like 10 mins of Sharqi Pennisula. They added a couple more points into the map for a total of like 7 cap points. **** looked pretty insane, and a lot of the buildings you couldn't enter in BF2, you can now get inside. It made me want a new video card. Not sure if it all warrants $15 or not, but, I think it did look pretty neat.

Upvote 0
The single reason I preordered BF3 was that sooner or later I'd get it anyway, and i'd prefer not to pay again for some mappack :p
That said the maps are pretty cool, they are pretty damn big with lots of cap points.
What i dont get are servers with 32max slots, playing the big conquest maps instead of a smaller version. It makes the map seem abandoned and empty, with lots of walking around and very little of shooting guys.

The unlock system for the new weapons is pretty nice though.
Got the FAMAS already, which is very easy to get.
Btw, do people who did not buy BTK also get to unlock these new weapons or not?

Upvote 0
Started with MP today (for the first time except Beta). My impressions so far:

-Seine Crossing -> only played it yesterday for a short time when I had some weird mini-freeze(occuring like every 5sec) problem so I can't really judge but from what I saw it looked like a giant meatgrinder

-Caspian Border -> same as above(only like 5min playtime due to pc issues yesterday), but the map looks huge and awesome and sound effects were really kicking in

-Wake Island -> first map I played today with proper performance, but only for what was like 2min which I spent in a F35 -> crappy useless plane

-Strike at Karkand -> it's still Karkand. While it's mainly infantry it immediately felt like BF2 to me

-Sharqi Peninsula -> same as Karkand, really like this map (and liked it in BF2 as well)

-Operation Metro -> heard that this is supposed to be the meatgrinder #1 and I guess it is but somehow I still had fun playing it. If you play as support and spam ammo boxes + stay back and cover the paths with your mg you can make a pt fortune

Everything in CQ64. Not sure if I should even try Rush and/or CQ medium.

Weapon handling/general first person experience is awesome btw, something they heavily improved upon if you compare BF2 vs BF3

Upvote 0
Talking about the ''community'' of BF3.
It's one of the most immature I've seen in my life.
BF3 seems to be one big kiddie-magnet, together with CoD.
It pays to visit servers that have the ''no swearing'' rule and the FF-off :D

The no swearing rule is ****ing dumb. Ever tried shouting the "go go go" command in the command menu?

Upvote 0
Talking about the ''community'' of BF3.
It's one of the most immature I've seen in my life.
BF3 seems to be one big kiddie-magnet, together with CoD.
It pays to visit servers that have the ''no swearing'' rule and the FF-off :D
1. Is it worse than the HOES forums?
2. Why the **** would anyone put a no swearing rule in a game with constantly swearing characters?

Upvote 0
The no swearing rule is ****ing dumb. Ever tried shouting the "go go go" command in the command menu?
Reminds me of 29th ID servers in DH.

DerpPlayer: get in the f*cking cap and stop sitting on ur asses like pussies!
Cpt. Trololollington [29th ID]: you can't swear on this server, you are temp banned!
Pvt. van der Noob [29th ID]: V-5-3 *insult* (my grandma shoots better than you and she's been f*ckin' dead for yearrrs)

:p

Upvote 0