• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your first KF experience.

I was shopping and found KF in a store for one euro..
Thought I'd read that name somewhere, so I bought it.
At home I threw it in a corner, and forgot about it..
(Dont lynch me guys :D )
Some day I was bored so i decided to give it a try.

As I'm used to I started off with the highest difficulty setting.
Also I liked the name "hell on earth".. sounds so happy :p
Of course I joined modded servers first (not knowing about
the whitelist back then)
And bought Dual 9mms. Thought that would be real badass..

But as you can imagine.. I got killed very fast..

Today everything lvl6, over 500 hours played, and almost all
achievements (90%, only some hoe maps missing).
And many extra copies bought for friends :D

Upvote 0
I had just purchased the KF bundle right after 2011 Christmas. Twas a dark and stormy night on kf-abusementpark. I decided to solo it on normal.
"I so totally got this" I said.
As things played out, I in fact did not totally got this. I was relentlessly killed and eaten by a batch of clots on the first wave. From there on out, I vowed to be the best there ever was at floors.

Similar, except I purchased KF shortly after it came out and loaded up Biotics Lab, thinking "oh, this can't be too different from L4D, I'll just camp this corner here." It didn't end well.

I also remember the first time I saw a Scrake as a little Commando with only the bullpup. I figured he seems pretty slow and I was in the cave in Manor so I had plenty of room to shoot. I then realized that Scrakes are actually rather fast when they get angry and kill Commandos very easily.

Upvote 0
I pre-ordered it a few weeks before it came out, as per request of a couple of friends that I play L4D with. I think the first map we played was Biotics Lab, and they insisted on playing on the hardest setting. We died pretty quickly. We eventually ended up playing on beginner (or normal? I forget), and every time we got to the Patriarch we wondered why we couldn't seem to kill him when using the rocket launcher. After a couple of weeks they lost interest with the game but I kept playing right through to today.

Upvote 0
I wrote this a long time ago. I'll copy/pasta and put it in a spoiler tag to save scrolling space.

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My first KF experience was on KF-Manor on Beginner (not solo). When the game started I was in a full team, with 2 of the guys being Lvl 6 Zerks. After 10 seconds of running around, everyone went off to do their own thing, then I started seeing Clots moving towards me. I ran inside the manor hoping to find a camping hole only to get slashed up by a Gorefast. On Wave 1...

Upvote 0
I got the game last year during the potato event. Didn't actually pay for it myself, I traded my entire TF2 backpack in exchange for it (more or less thinking "why the hell not") because I was bored with that game.

Loaded Aperture on normal, long game, as commando. Found a bullpup during wave 1, survived it, and bought an AK for the second. Somehow made it to wave 5 or 6, then a scrake showed up and my tactic of shooting things in the face until they died (which had a 100% success rate until then) just didn't prove to be that effective. :D

The fun thing is, my second game was solo and in one of the 6 core maps and I didn't even get to wave 2.

Upvote 0
My first KF experience? La Casa De Muerte or something like that (has anybody made a remake of that yet?). Handcannon was a weapon for the Support perk, and the Hunting Shotgun was arguably the best weapon in the game. Who needs iron sights? Cool people used the Hazmat model.

Oh, and uh, there was a map I sort of barely remember, it was like at the end of each round a new door or curtain would open or something and you progressed a bit further through this big castle thing. Does anybody else remember this map or even better know the name of it and if there's been a remake?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My first major experience came around the first of the Summer Sideshows. It was on sale and I had the dosh, so I splurged and got it (I also blame the option of getting some of the character skins for free during Steam's big hoohah). When I first went to multiplayer, my poor Commando was only level 3 perk and we were on... I believe it was Hospital Horror. I spent most the map disoriented and wound up getting owned multiple times, not by clots though. Effin Crawlers, I still hate them to this day. The last wave, I finally had a SKar and was once again disoriented and seperate from the team, and wound up walking right into the meaty hug of a Fleshpound.

Needless to say, I at least didn't feel too bad because everyone else wiped around that time too >_>;

Upvote 0
I had just purchased the KF bundle right after 2011 Christmas. Twas a dark and stormy night on kf-abusementpark. I decided to solo it on normal.
"I so totally got this" I said.
As things played out, I in fact did not totally got this. I was relentlessly killed and eaten by a batch of clots on the first wave. From there on out, I vowed to be the best there ever was at floors.

To this day I still hate abusementpark...and clots.

That funny, because when i first bought the game, I tried the first map on my list on solo for normal difficulty, and it was abusementpark. I didn't know the settings or the controls and I was scared stiff when I was surrounded by those clots. Heck, I felt taken advantage of since I didn't know where they came from, what they were, and what I was suppose to do.

Oh, and when I finally did my first near complete solo run on beginner as a level 1 sharpshooter, I switch to beserker during the patty wave, got me a chainsaw, and ran up to him and hit the main fire key. Needless to say, I felt like Patty was extremely OP and not fair at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I got the game around Christmas 2009. It was only $5 and I had heard good things about it so I figured what the hell?

Anyway I don't even remember much about my first game. I just remember that it was a normal game on Westlondon.

Though I do remember a couple of other early games on Farm where I would split from the team and camp spawn as a Sharpshooter. Thought I was all that surviving all by myself on normal and blasting the crap out of everything with my Handcannon. Oh how things have changed.

Upvote 0
When I first played this game (X-mas 2010, saw it on sale and never actually played before, just some recommendations of friends.
Went and bought it.
I remember playing EvilSantasLair, and said "Hum, there's no crosshair... I like it"
And saw the event-themed clots. Oh my god, it's Christmas!
Aaaaaaand after finishing first wave, didn't knew what was the trader, or where it was. I got lost on the map and then got eaten by Gingerfasts D:

Upvote 0
My first KF experience? La Casa De Muerte or something like that (has anybody made a remake of that yet?). Handcannon was a weapon for the Support perk, and the Hunting Shotgun was arguably the best weapon in the game. Who needs iron sights? Cool people used the Hazmat model.

Oh, and uh, there was a map I sort of barely remember, it was like at the end of each round a new door or curtain would open or something and you progressed a bit further through this big castle thing. Does anybody else remember this map or even better know the name of it and if there's been a remake?

The map you are talking about is KF-oldetower or something like that. It's a mission map.

Anyways, my first KF experience was a free weekend before the lvl up update(maybe it was at the release). I played on farm with a friend and with 4 other guys. It was tons of fun, since me and my friend came from L4D1/2 and found something refreshing that we are still playing to this day.

I remember being killed by sirens, honestly. The team playing was competent but the sirens raped us and we survived until wave 7 I think.

Another thing no one ever seems to mention, when I first bought the game(after the lvl up patch) I had all the stock characters plus 2 characters from outbreak(dj scully and Gary glover). I thought those 2 were free with the disc version, but it turned out to be a bug TWI never fixed. I still have the characters and I am using the hazmat guy up to his day. Another friend also got the disc version with the characters and he mostly uses dj scully. Also, completely off topic, manor will always be my favourite map.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My first KF experience? La Casa De Muerte or something like that (has anybody made a remake of that yet?).

There's a version for retail KF somewhere

KF-Oldetower

Upvote 0