• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your first KF experience.

My first time playing killing floor was when i got my hands on a pirated version of the game because at the time i had no idea about steam and guys i gamed with were talking about it. So after a while i checked it out and got my butt handed to me. after that i spent time just cheating and using flying mode and infinite ammo to make massive pipe bomb piles and just watching zeds go boom. Christmas 2010 a friend bought the bundle for me as a gift and i got hooked into it and been playing ever since

Upvote 0

Solo, beginner, Bedlam, short - let's see how awesome it is going to be. You can't expect much challenge from beginner, but I like to know the game first. I prefer to learn on mistakes other ppl make, not on my own.
Game looked great, sounded awesome (both sound and music - finally some metal music). Bedlam was a crazy maze back then - where do I go? .Patty comes up - w.. t.. f..? Who is that? Well he died in flames and the very first achievo I got in KF was - Straight Rush Kill the Patriarch Before he has a Chance to Heal.
This game has atmosphere. I love it. Various enemies. Many guns. Teamwork! (I don't like solo, but I absolutely love team games).

Upvote 0
I honestly don't recall what difficulty the server was...

A clanmate invited me onto one of the WC servers and we played bioticslab.

Looking back at it now I have no idea how I managed to be surrounded and killed by clots so quickly lol....

I think I was surprised by the fact they could actually grab and hold you in place and that sort of threw me off.

Needless to say my clanmate ended up pretty much killing everything for us in wave 1. Ha...

Upvote 0
My first experience with KF was sometime in 2006. In 2005 me and my friends were on the hunt for the ultimate zombie apoc coop game. We played LOTD back then but it was WAY too easy. So I was searching the web for game or mod which is a bit more harder. Then I found out some trailer for the first ever public version of KF and I was like "omg we are going to play THIS!". I found the KF forum, the coop version was out by then and I downloaded it. Me and my friends were mind blown. We played Manor first - still one of the best maps ever and my fav vanilla map. We were doing pretty well but ofc we died near the middle of the game. I am playing KF since then. I have more than 1000 hours in the mod. It was/is that good. I still find KF the mod better than the retail version. But I will stay with KF till the end, no matter what. I've spent 6 years playing KF so far and more will come for sure. Bring on KF 2!

Killing Floor 2.5 Trailer - YouTube

22194920-4.jpg

32455902-4.jpg

32488262-4.jpg

32488265-4.jpg

32455903-4.jpg

32488267-4.jpg

33049449-4.jpg

22303129-4.jpg

21519885-4.jpg

Upvote 0
It's been so long, but I can only remember seeing this mod many, many moons ago along with a few other UT2004 mods and just bought the game purely to play said mods, never looked back since. The atmosphere, music and action had me hooked and when I heard a retail version was being made I didn't hesitate and dragged all my friends along too.

I do have fond memories of a game I had a few years back (not long after the first major pack release [AK47/Katana etc.] - I think). My friends were trying to best Farm on Hard with 4 star of our preferred perks and had an epic stand off in one of the few barns in the later waves. One of my friends kept getting himself wasted as a zerker, while me and my two other mates coordinated to a successful end. To finally beat the map after ten waves, was just so satisfying at the time. We'd been griping about it for ages prior.

Upvote 0
^I always love when everything finally comes full circle and you complete your objective. Bedlam on HoE was the biggest pain in my side for a very long time, then pipe bombs just worked and all was right with the world.

I'm surprised at the distinct lack of people who have come from the mod, I figured there would be more. Always cool to hear what people say about the original mod though.

Upvote 0
I was amazed how far the modding capabilities of the mod were back then (and I think this game needs one or two more of these ported maps, if I could only remember their names).
Anyway, first experience was a easy match with like 6 or 7 bots and a wipe in wave 1 on West London I think. It was awesome because it felt so pressing and well thought out. And it was... edgy, hard to explain, it had a lot more roughs and edges than your regular shooter at that time, which was awesome, too.
After a couple of lan games (curse you, Fleshpound! :p ), I hopped over to a pirated non-steam version of KF with a shipload of custom maps and after I got steam a year later (together with the retail version of KF), I just bought it again because the german version is, as you all know, cut. Since then - Big Fun (also even more fun as I upgraded my rig since then).

Upvote 0