• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Continued Perk Changes

We don't know much about this "clocked enemy damage", but let's just forget about it for one second.

Now that the new level 20 skill is an increase of +25% (20% currently), as a result...

A level 25 commando can do exactly 75 of damage with 1 bullet from SCAR... Just enough to kill a stalker :D

Also because you can do 75 of damage (72.5 before), you can actually kill a Bloat head with 2 shots (prior 3).

So, this lvl 20 skill : +25% is actually pretty good and can save you a lot of ammo :)

Upvote 0
Passive - Callout, Night Vision, Reload Speed, ZT extension, HP detection, cloaked enemy damage, weapon damage

Tactical Reload is +20% on top of passive (assuming +25% from passive)
+50% mag size

Pistol/Knife +60% dmg and 50% faster weapon switch
150% increased stumble power

+25% HP/Armor
+2 Mags

+25% dmg / 50% less recoil
+50% Mag size increase

Professional
Rapid Fire

Assuming that Passive reload speed is 25%, that's about the same as we get right now with TR (~25% on half empty and 30% on full empty).

I'd like to think that the new skill tree is quite a generous buff.
+ We're gaining a +5% dmg without the need to worry about the firing mode that our guns are in.
+ If my assumption is correct, the old Tactical reload is already considered in the passives so the new one is an addition.
+ Using dual Mag size increases, you'll get enough ammo per magazine that you don't need to worry too much about reloading. This could go well with either of the 2 ZT skills.
+ Skill for less recoil that also adds +25% to dmg.

I think that there's a lot under consideration with this but there's a lot that needs to be considered when looking forward with what has been address regarding the afflictions.

My initial thought for taking the skills were:
Large Mags
Backup
Health Increase
Hollow Point
Professional
Basically no change from what I currently run now except that I get to enjoy the benefit of +60% pistol dmg all the time, however I have to keep an eye out for sacrificing that for Impact depending on how stumble mechanics change. If I am no longer able to bash stumble a SC but if I can with Impact then I really do need to consider changing to that. However if I can't regardless then there's no point.

On the otherhand with the skills I could see someone taking both the mag size increases, the additional mags and impact to play it like a machine gunner with a bit more stopping power.

We won't really know how it'll play out until it's out there, in any case in my personal opinion I see it as an overall buff rather than it getting a nerf. If anything the biggest concerning factor is going to be how the new affliction system is going to be played out, that could be a major nerf or a slight inconvenience depending on what is and what isn't going to be effected.

Upvote 0
I'll just let this do the talking for the demo "rework":

http://i.imgur.com/hzAOi9g.jpg

On to mando then. First glance it looked like a trainwreck, but I've found myself warming up to it more and more. Axing Single / Auto-fire was probably the best way to go about balancing that conundrum. Overall I'm liking it so far, but I've got a beef with below:

Lvl 5 perk skills looked like a critical choice selection. Reload or mags, that's a pickle of a pick. Then I saw the Eat Lead perk skill at lvl 20. That simply eliminates whatever strategy there was of the lvl 5 selection. Take faster reload, then Eat Lead at 20. So there's no real sacrifice being made.

EDIT: Wait a minute, mando has passive reload speed already. So is he going to be reloading at double speed now? Or is his passive a small boost?

Guess we'll see how it plays out. All i know is there's going to be a lot of dead demos after the next patch comes out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My primary point of contention is that Tactical Reload & Large Mags serve essentially the same function (reduce amount of time spent reloading). One of them does it better than the other, for sure, and that'll end up being the skill to choose at Level 5.

It really depends on how you like to play, though. Yes, they both reduce time spent reloading, but the question is when do you reload? Large Mags is advantageous if you want to spray a lot of lead without pausing to reload, and then only reload when there's a spare moment. Tactical Reload, on the other hand, is great if you like to always keep your mag topped off just in case, but it doesn't allow for you to fire continuously for as long if you want to pump it all into a scrake.

Upvote 0
Except that you're sacrificing the extra damage and recoil reduction of hollow point

Reduction is important now that the eternally bugged recoil was fixed (considering its story I'd call it a flat nerf). Damage is not. Mando is there to clear trash and extend zedtime, not topple scrakes or help with fps. I know there's that enclave of mando players who want to try and do everything, which makes Hollow-point the tryhard skill, but it runs counter to his optimal role.

Upvote 0
I just assumed this was dry humour. I see a lot of dead demolitions currently, even with the ammunition increases, the perk is generally unforgiving.

There's really no "gray" area for Demo currently - which I like. The person playing the perk typically either knows what they're doing or is a fatality waiting to happen.

Hopefully it stays this way. :D

Upvote 0
Unfortunately no, no humor there. Why demo dies more:

-no survivability skills. Explosive resistance / Reactive armor are gone. Probably the hugest blunder of the entire rework. Inb4 "well make them passive then". For those of you who know the situation, sometimes you have to simply fling a grenade at point blank to stop a charging fleshpound. Guess what saved demo in that situation? His survival skills.

-more high risk skills. Greater damage to impact damage is going to embolden demos to take on scrakes with their rpgs (or in REALLY bad cases, cause teams to rely on demo totally). So, demo up close is now going to be both encouraged and riskier.

-more damage for you, more damage for me. Straight damage boosts will increase the damage received and thus, the instances of self-fragging (refer to point blanking the fp mentioned above).

And I challenge someone to suggest giving demo 150 hp.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately no, no humor there. Why demo dies more:

-no survivability skills. Explosive resistance / Reactive armor are gone. Probably the hugest blunder of the entire rework. Inb4 "well make them passive then". For those of you who know the situation, sometimes you have to simply fling a grenade at point blank to stop a charging fleshpound. Guess what saved demo in that situation? His survival skills.

-more high risk skills. Greater damage to impact damage is going to embolden demos to take on scrakes with their rpgs (or in REALLY bad cases, cause teams to rely on demo totally). So, demo up close is now going to be both encouraged and riskier.

-more damage for you, more damage for me. Straight damage boosts will increase the damage received and thus, the instances of self-fragging (refer to point blanking the fp mentioned above).

And I challenge someone to suggest giving demo 150 hp.

I hear that, I had that as a concern too. I never ran Reactive Armor but what I did see a lot is if enemies got too close, im losing 20-30 hp a shot due to self damage by shooting the floor about 8m away from me. I think what we'll have to see is AoE range change on explosive weapons. How it'll effect mob control and self damage control. I've mentioned it plenty of times but the biggest concern for a major nerf is the fire incap style stacking afflictions on every other affliction type. If nade no longer stuns FP in one toss then I think we've got problems that not even explosive resistance or reactive armor would have been able to save us from.

On the plus side, RPG7Impact (blunt hit) should be getting a boost (good for SC) and FP doesn't perma rage so you can just block jump boost to get away with ~20dmg. Though it does feel weird to play a fighting game in a FPS.

Upvote 0
Can we get a "quantum ninja" class?

It could have things like a gravity gun to either crush to hurl enemies
Black hole grenade to suck in zeds
melee weapon could be a light saber...ooo...ahhhh :cool:
Maybe it could have a "cloak" so the player has a few seconds of invisibility and night vision when they turn on flashlight :D

just a thought....hehe

Upvote 0

That's a really good observation - amongst my excitement I overlooked the removal of explosive resistance. I can certainly see your concern now.

@ Yoshiro

Surely this needs to become passive if removed from the demo skill tree, doesn't it?

Upvote 0
That's a really good observation - amongst my excitement I overlooked the removal of explosive resistance. I can certainly see your concern now.

@ Yoshiro

Surely this needs to become passive if removed from the demo skill tree, doesn't it?

If demo's damage output becomes comparable to Kf1 with this rework then it doesn't need any defense. High risk - high reward is a good balance imo.

Upvote 0
If demo's damage output becomes comparable to Kf1 with this rework then it doesn't need any defense. High risk - high reward is a good balance imo.

Keep in mind that Demo had a damage resistance of 55% at level 6 in the first game... so if we're talking apples to apples we need to account for both the damage output and the damage resistance.

So some passive resistance should be given if the skill is no longer available.

Upvote 0