• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Continued Perk Changes

Keep in mind that Demo had a damage resistance of 55% at level 6 in the first game... so if we're talking apples to apples we need to account for both the damage output and the damage resistance.

So some passive resistance should be given if the skill is no longer available.

I must have missed where they announced demo's current +60% explosion resistance passive will be removed, or didn't I? The restistance skill only multiplied the passive anyway so it wasn't that great to begin with. However, I agree that some resistance to your own damage should be there based on zed spawn and spawning vicinity alone. It just doesn't have to be a lot more than 50% generally speaking.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They don't like doing big updates on Fridays because if it went bad the game would be left broken over the weekend before they could start fixing it.
And they said they'd announce sharp's update (presumably the next content update) on e3, so presumably no content updates until after then.

Something feasible to hope for for tomorrow is the WWAUT that this thread's OP hinted at: detailing the new incap system, and sharp's skills and passives. (hopefully much refined and replaced since the leaked ones)
And a surprise bonus within reason would be gameplay webms of the M14, and/or, preferably, of the railgun and/or cryo grenade.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They don't like doing big updates on Fridays because if it went bad the game would be left broken over the weekend before they could start fixing it.

You're right :)

But as long as the sharpshooter perk is not included, I don't consider changing some number around a "big update". There is no new content here (maybe there is even less content...), so I don't think there is a risk of having something "break the game".

Worst case : some skill will just not work properly. But, hey, we are used to it (remember back-up skill not working for months ? penetration of gunslinger weapon not working properly after the update, napalm is not working correctly either... 10 months after the release of FB).

Upvote 0
Ah, you weren't hoping for sharp.
I figured everyone was taking it as a given that TWI would put the demo/comm reworks in with the sharp content update, since that seems to usually be how they're handling things: either putting all their exciting eggs in one attention-grabbing basket to focus hype on for a few months, or suddenly dropping humble hotfix/numbertweak updates.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ah, you weren't hoping for sharp.
I figured everyone was taking it as a given that TWI would put the demo/comm reworks in with the sharp content update, since that seems to usually be how they're handling things: either putting all their exciting eggs in one attention-grabbing basket to focus hype on for a few months, or suddenly dropping humble hotfix/numbertweak updates.

That's what I figured. My personal update-o-meter is still counting in months. My bet is they will announce sharpshooter release bundled with everything else to be mid juli in two weeks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah sorry... In my head, I have been waiting for a "small update" to change the demo/commando three.

I did not think about including Sharp because we have still not seen its skill three. Usually between the skill and the release, there is at least two weeks...

Well, seems like we need to wait for the E.3 :)

Upvote 0
Anybody else notice SteamOverlay and Browser Link in MOTD recently not working aymore?!

PLEASE FIX THIS ALSO! Forward this up the chain please Yoshiro.

Thanxs
biggrin.gif

Upvote 0
Level 20:
Hollow Point Rounds - Commando Weapons do 25% more damage and have 50% less recoil
Eat Lead - Get another 50% increase in mag size for Commando Weapons

If not due to the need of complementing mag capacity increase with reload speed increase in order to achieve maximum firepower output efficiency, I feel the choice is obvious on this tier as the Large Mag from tier 1 already made the Commando's per mag firepower being well sufficient.

That said, here is a plausible alternative: Caseless Rounds - Decrease the weight of odd tier Commando weapons (AR-15 Varmint & AK-12) by 1 block and increase the ammo pool of even tier Commando weapons (SA80 & SCAR-H) by 2 mags.

Last edited:
Upvote 0