• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[WIP] Colt Python (Shh, no one tell the gunslinger crowd)

I'll admit, sometimes the scoped revolver isn't always good looking. Personally, i like this one scoped :) The best scoped revolvers are the ones from Borderlands XD Or the revolver in Brink (sweet game, btw)

lol, not a good argument there. =P I can't play more than 5min of Boarderlands before getting bored and while the intial videos of Brink perked my interest for the visual style the gameplay vids put me right off. Not to mention I hear the MP bugged right up.

Upvote 0
lol, not a good argument there. =P I can't play more than 5min of Boarderlands before getting bored and while the intial videos of Brink perked my interest for the visual style the gameplay vids put me right off. Not to mention I hear the MP bugged right up.

Not... Like... borderlands.... :( i... don't know what to say...
Apart from KF, i have more hours in BL than any other game :p
Brink is amazingly fun, but very flawed. AI is trash, and ATI cards don't work right. its a game where you have lots to do but don't really get anywhere :/ Its team fortress 2 upgraded in terms of graphics and stuff to do, but lacks the flawless fluidity that TF2 has gained over hundreds of patches :p Brink will prolly end up a 20 dollar game that rocks the house a year from now once its been patched for a while.

Upvote 0
Nice, good addition to our servers.

And yes, people tend to get excited when seeing new guns formed. My advise...ignore them to a certain extent. If you think a scope is a good idea then go for it. Tbh..I reaaaallly hate to see this model beeing raped by a scope. It would make me feel less like dirty harry...and that is defo a crime. So the question is...do you feel lucky? Punk? (srry had to do it... lol)

You create mods because you like the work you put into them, and its fun to do. If your doing it for other people it tends to get less interesting. (besides the fact that modders help each other once in a while...which can be very rewarding too)

A community that screams bloody murder cous they want a scope on a gun your working on can be very demoralising...specially since your doing it for them. Pitching ideas is fine....forcing them on a modder isnt. Be mindfull of your comments and remember...were doing this in our free time, and trying to make the game a little more interesting.

Believe me, you dont want a closed community that keeps all the mutators for their own servers.(which tends to happen allot)

Regarding the gun...its awsome sauce. I cant wait to try this baby out! :)

100% True!!
Everytime someone says that a weapon that has been modded is "useless" and KF doesn't need new weapons I just think well then don't use them or just stop whining. We really make mods because it's fun and like to use the stuff ingame.
And it's awesome if other ppl also start to make weapons or specimen for KF. This just makes the game more interesting and fun.
In my opinion it's sad that KF seems to turn into a "chess" like game where everything can be calculated and is predictable.
In the Mod the Zeds were really overpowerd and some things were unfair but still it was very funny.
Now people resist to try different things and even are afraid to hurt the whitelist :(.

Reactions: Gartley
Upvote 0
Its an awesome weapon, for sure. There are only 2 main fixes that really seem like a priority in my mind:
1)The reloading acts like the HS, and is really quite annoying when you have to fire randomly into the air in order to get it to reload. If somehow it could be reloadable when partially full, that would be huge
2)Balance....yeah, being able to decap scrakes might be a little much ;)

Upvote 0
IDK if you got my PM gartley, but the changes i'd make would be thus:

1. The reload being uncallable when you have ammo is fine, but please use the speed loader anim so its mildy faster - thats like 8seconds of animation, which got me killed on suicidal and above.

2. Weight of 5, so people have to make a conscious choice to use it, unlike the handcannon which i see alot of people just buy because they have 4 blocks.

3. drop the power a tad, but add penetration - thats a .357 slug, and with horribly scary reloads and only 6 shots its fairly balanced IMO.

4. Even though i'd love to see a scope, the sights are amazing - usually revolver sights suck in games, so be proud :) (that wasn't much of a change XD)

5. The hipfire - i missed a lot. maybe its my lack of hip-fire skill, but I've gotten pretty good at that, so I'm going to ask for an alignment check :/ It could be i just suck or that the round fires slightly into the recoil so you have to aim a tad low too, IDK.

6. at current killing ability i'd price it about 750 - less effective than the crossbow, but not by much and has 6 shots to work with.

Loved using the gun though, it was a Sh*t ton of fun :p

Upvote 0
Its an awesome weapon, for sure. There are only 2 main fixes that really seem like a priority in my mind:
1)The reloading acts like the HS, and is really quite annoying when you have to fire randomly into the air in order to get it to reload. If somehow it could be reloadable when partially full, that would be huge
2)Balance....yeah, being able to decap scrakes might be a little much ;)

Some one suggested this earlier for balance and no one spoke up about it.

in terms of reload, i think speed loader is too fast, is ther a reason you can't make it load like the LAR, so that you could fire with a half filled clip?

He said it's beyond his ability to code and animate, what with it being his very first weapon.

Upvote 0
Hey guys.

@Halb,

Go try the version running on the servers now, reload is faster than when you last played it, and it has penetration and power is lower.

@YoYoBatty

If you are willing to help I'd appreciate it. Even if it's just pointing out areas to look at.

-
My choice on reload mechanics was twofold, I didn't want to use a speed loader for aesthetics. And I wanted the gun to remain really really powerful. Now you have six shots of high-power at a fairly decent fire rate (and penetration). To compensate for being able to just maul the ranks, a reload time that if ill timed will kill you. That was intentional. Might help to explain that I find a challenge to be fun, I quickly get bored if I can just mow down lots of ZEDs. I also priced the ammo to be really expensive.

I wanted this gun to be a hard hitter and not a spray and pray.

At the moment I don't want to turn this into a team project. Or have a hundred variations being made. I'd go from making the gun to managing the production of the gun. Understand that I started making this gun for practice as I hadn't attempted anything like this before. It was only at the encouragement of another that I released it to show you. And I don't regret that decision at all. You've all shown me how rewarding making something for the community can be. And I still encourage feedback and suggestions, I have already taken a load on board and implemented changes from the original, just remember; at the end of the day I have the final word.

Upvote 0
My 2 cents on the reload issue:

Allow a reload when you still have ammo in your gun, but the rounds get wasted instead of magically going back in your pocket. In the end its the same as just firing away your leftover shots blindly but faster.

Thats an idea that hadn't occoured to me. The only problem I forsee with that is it would be the only gun to do that. So people would fire off a round or two, reload their gun, like they would with the 9mm and end up loosing alot of expensive ammo.

Upvote 0
Thats what i'm going to try and do with my M249 as a balance thing, so it should be alone later :p and i'l try another server. just wish i didn't get 150 ping on that one :/

US
207.237.128.110:7710 [WPC] 3
69.114.6.54:7713 [WPC] 6

UK
81.109.185.111:7707 [WPC] 4
85.234.148.8:27035 Whisky's KF Server

Got 4 to choose from atm. Should get you a better ping somewhere. =P

Upvote 0