• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will there be AT Guns? (Merged a gazillion times)

"Sticky bombs" are improvised frag grenades! Meaning that a sticky bomb can not damage tanks at all not even the tracks also German tanks had zimmermit paste which made magnetic as well as sticky material slide right off the tank.
minimizing the insignifcant damage even more.-Damn you COD2!
Maybe also adding a way to drop nades in to the tanks and shoot through the small view slid on the hatch
Impossiable! Dropping nades into tanks is as realistic as bunny hopping. All tanks had locking mechanisms on the hatches so if infantry were to somehow get on a tank they could not drop a nade into the tank! Dropping nades into tanks would have been mildly realistic in WWI but an impossiablity in WW II! You can not shoot thru the small view slit due to ARMOR GLASS!!

Things that could actually damage tanks;
1. petrol bomb-molotov cocktail
2.AT grenades German bunched grenades(explosive based not frag),Rpg-43
3.AT-mines- German magentic mines
4.Panzerfausts (30,60,100,and 150)
5.other tanks
6.aircraft
7.At-rifles against certain tanks; pre 1943 PzIII(sides) Pre 1943 PanzerIV (sides and rear) post 1943 PzIV rear only
8.German "rollermine"
9.PAK guns
10.satchel charges
11.Soviet dogs
as for the AT-Guns(PAK guns) im all for it!
-:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
just because you saw "sticky bombs" in shaving ryan's privates does not make them realistic.

i doubt you can find a single reference in any real life after action reports where guys took off their socks, loaded them full of comp/b, applied axle grease, then ran up to tanks and placed them on the drive wheels.

the brit's had some 'sticky bombs' of sorts and they hated them. they found that often times the sticky glue would stick to you which pretty much ended your day.

attempts to design and impliment all sorts of odd anti tank weaponry were tried by all countries. germany and iirc the brits both had some magnetic explosives. germany had hand thrown mines as well as a host of anti-tank heat grenades. the brits had the No.64 rifle grenade, the No.73 thermos, the No.74 (sticky bomb), the No.75 hawkins grenade, and a few other special purpose grenades.

but, a lot of good that does the russians in this game. i know the russians used molitov cocktails a lot. throwing them on the engine deck and hoping for the best. the russians also had the rpg-40, 41, and 43 anti tank grenades but i believe these were thrown as opposed to launched via a rifle nade launcher. i've found sources saying that later m/nagant rifles were made to work with the US M7 grenade launcher though.

Upvote 0
...Call of Duty has corrupted your mind. He is probably getting the idea of Sticky Bombs actually from Company of Heroes. It actually has Sticky Bombs in the game. Disappointing for such a normally historically-accurate game.

Sticky bombs are not realistic. Saving Private Ryan's version was unrealistic, and only the Brits used the real variety.

Tank hatches had locks.

The view hatch has bulletproof glass.

Upvote 0
Im not saying that the movie is realistic but some of those things could be interpreted differently

The glass may have been blown away in a previous battle or was made cheaply without glass.

The lock on the hatch may have been damaged or it even possible someone forgot to lock it.

For all we know stickly bombs may have been used whos to say what GIs improvised with.

All of those things make for a good movie, but we cant say its all fiction either.

Upvote 0
Im not saying that the movie is realistic but some of those things could be interpreted differently

The glass may have been blown away in a previous battle or was made cheaply without glass.
...:rolleyes: (german tanks were high class, not like those cheap Russian tanks)
The lock on the hatch may have been damaged or it even possible someone forgot to lock it.
They were always unlocked, this was because when you had an blast inside and you want to get out the hatch could be stuck (atleast I thought that it was this way)
For all we know stickly bombs may have been used whos to say what GIs improvised with.
Sure, though you couldn't do a lot with an nade at an tank.

Upvote 0
About throwing nades into tanks. I think this should be perfectly possible if the driver or commander is driving around unbuttoned. No you shouldn't be able to pry a tank hatch open, but if someone is stupid enough to drive through a town with their hatch unbuttoned then let them pay for it.

I imagine that soldiers probaly came with all sorts of ingenious ways to take care of tanks, but most of them would have been one time, spur of the moment type things, not GI equipment. On the topic of anti-tanking though. How many bazookas did the Russians receive from the Americans? It would be intresting if it were included if they were given large enough numbers of these. The Germans could then get the Panzerschreck as well.

Upvote 0
The British did use a "Sticky Bomb" which was a large sphere covered in in sticky "stuff" with a handle on it.

It was extremely unpopular with the troops because it stuck to everything. It was also small enough that after the early war, the explosion simply wasn't big enough to damage the larger tanks.

What I find interesting about this tread is how everyone is being a bastard to the OP. The OP asked for sticky bombs and ATGs, and everyone jumps down his throat about how sticky bombs aren't realistic and SPR is crap.

Guess what? There WERE sticky bombs and more importantly, the #1 weapon used by infantry vs armor, the ATG, isn't in this game...

So instead of berating this person who is obviously new to our community, maybe you guys should be saying... "Hey, yeah, why DON'T we have ATGs?"

Or at the very least, point him to the 1000 other threads discussing these topics.

Upvote 0
Anti-tank guns have been discussed a lot in the past.

The general consensus is that it'd be great if they werre in the game, but they'd be very very difficult to implement for a number of reasons.

It's really up to the devs whether they think they can implement them accurately or not.

As for the other stuff... While I don't know much about WW2 weapons and such, I have seen a lot of things like anti-tank grenades and magnetic bombs and such discussed on these forums before. I think having a wider variety of anti-tank weapons would be good fun, but it's not of utmost important right now.

Upvote 0
Anti-tank guns have been discussed a lot in the past.

The general consensus is that it'd be great if they werre in the game, but they'd be very very difficult to implement for a number of reasons.

It's really up to the devs whether they think they can implement them accurately or not...

To be frank, both WWIIOL and BF2's mod "Forgotton Hope" have ATG's modelled. Both use a different system. I prefer Forgotton Hope's static ATG method, but either is sufficient. Honestly, the "They would be difficult to impliment" argument doesn't hold much water for me, since multiple other games already have it.

The Devs just need to put some time aside and work on it. We have tanks, we have infantry. We need the #1 weapon infantry used against armor in this game. Period.

Upvote 0
Ok, forget I ever mentioned sticky bombs and the other stuff. I wasn't aware all german tanks had bullet proof glass and that sticky bombs weren't used.

So, I'll reduce it to AT guns. That's really the main reason I made the post anyway, the rest was just small things I came up with while typing.

It's ok Cerberus, we forgive you, this time. We'll edumacate all that hollywood nonsense right out of you. Stick around the RO forums long enough, you'll be suprised how much you learn (I know I am).

Upvote 0