• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] weapon wont fire on first moose click

Get us a reproduction for this!
It isn't easy to reproduce because it just happens, randomly.

Whenever you spawned because you got killed or just got in game and haven't fired yet, the possibility for it to happen exists. The following goes for me: After spawning, when aiming down sight and fire shortly after it has a chance of not shooting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Happens to me and my friends (a community of 15-20 french players) often. I would say 1 out of 15 ennemy encounter.

It's not a lame excuse to missing ennemy or being slow. It's a really bug. It didn't happen back in the first day of public beta.

Some informations about our server : realistic, ranked, VAC on, PB off. We usually all have good ping.

Upvote 0
I don't care about "getting it often". Get me a case that I can do 80 to 100 % of the time and reproduce it locally.

In grain elevator:

German - Team Leader with the semi automatic rifle.

Climb up the stairs (see picture with red circle).
Lie down between the 2nd and 3rd stack.
Fire rounds until empty clip.
Reload.
Fire - nothing happens.

Reloading / firing several times (sometimes up to 5) will usually fix this.

This is the ONLY place I have experienced the issue.

6128109157_c5345e4b29_b.jpg

Upvote 0
I don't care about "getting it often". Get me a case that I can do 80 to 100 % of the time and reproduce it locally.

Mostly it would happen on the first time when you shoot after re spawning.
though it feels mostly like a random thing to me, on some servers I get it more often it seems, and a friend from mine had it on the same time while playing together.

Upvote 0
Mostly it would happen on the first time when you shoot after re spawning.
though it feels mostly like a random thing to me, on some servers I get it more often it seems, and a friend from mine had it on the same time while playing together.

Going over the many incidents of this I've had (at least once in every map I've played) the "first time shooting after spawn" may in fact be plausible. The incidents I can recall all seems to happen the first time I am about to shoot at an enemy after spawning, and I don't think I've experienced it twice in the same spawn, always only once and afterwards if I live on, it doesn't return in that life. Like a sort of reverse of the autoshooting in spawn that we experienced in the first open beta build? But of course that hardly narrows it down to anything reproducable, especially since, if I only get this once or twice in a map round, I don't experience it on far the majority of spawns.

That being said it can't be narrowed down geographically or to a specific weapon. I've had it with all weapons I've tried (including nades) and on all maps on different places. I have had it while in cover and while not in cover, and while ironsighting and while not ironsighting.

At first I was thinking it was an issue with the the game not coping with too many keys pressed down at once (after all both moving, pressing ironsights and shooting is a lot), but then again that would mean it should occur in other situations where many keys are pressed at once not involving shooting, and I can't think of anywhere I've seen that.

It is indeed an odd one, but it is very annoying since I have been killed on several occasions on account of it, so I really hope you guys figure it out at some point.

Upvote 0
Yes, happened to me also - and with the Gewehr41 most of the time (although I usualy play with MP40).

Sometimes I need to press the mouse twice, sometimes 5-10 times. Really annoying!

I tend to incline to the general position that it's after you spawn, but I'm not sure.

I wish I could reproduce it for the devs but I can't :(

Upvote 0

It seems to happen when you fire a bullet (while in ironsight) and dies. As i play bolt action i can only try to describe it there.
Requirement 1: Aim with ironsight
Requirement 2: Shoot
Requirement 3: Die before being able to bolt the rifle (i use manual bolting and try to bolt it asap)

The hard part to reproduce is requirement 3.
But during my playtime today i was able to reproduce this twice with those requirements. Hope it's enough to help out.
Having 2 Riflemen killing eachother (Headshot or other instant kill) at the same time should give this bug to atleast one of them.

Upvote 0
I would like to put my name on this thread. Just to let the Dev know that this is a very widespread problem. I've had it on almost every map, and recently today too. It ruins a perfect shot with a rifle (or sniper), and the perfect surprise with a Machine Gun.

Also, personally I believe a positive attitude should instead be, "It must be a problem, at least 3 pages in a thread of common users with the bug. We have to fix it and try to reproduce it ourselves to see what is wrong."

I am very sure an hour of playing will generate this elusive bug. It happens on both auto-bolt and manual bolt. It happens across all the weapons on both teams: SMG, Rifles, MGs, grenades, and anti-tank rifle. I have not experienced it on Satchels or AT Grenades, though it could be that I have had little chance to use them so far.

As an avid RO1 player, I have the deepest respect for the Developers and I know that RO2 will be as enjoyable and as deep as its predecessor. RO1 is my favourite First Person shooter, and I know RO2 will be too. :)

Upvote 0
It seems to happen when you fire a bullet (while in ironsight) and dies. As i play bolt action i can only try to describe it there.
Requirement 1: Aim with ironsight
Requirement 2: Shoot
Requirement 3: Die before being able to bolt the rifle (i use manual bolting and try to bolt it asap)

The hard part to reproduce is requirement 3.
But during my playtime today i was able to reproduce this twice with those requirements. Hope it's enough to help out.
Having 2 Riflemen killing eachother (Headshot or other instant kill) at the same time should give this bug to atleast one of them.

It happens with other guns than the bolt rifle, so I don't think not bolting may have anything to do with it (for example if I use smg, die and respawn with smg it can occur, with no bolting involved).

Upvote 0