• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] weapon wont fire on first moose click

diehappy

Aug 22, 2007
i had this now several times and so did a few of my friends.
when you go to iron sights and press the fire button nothing happens, you have to press it again to fire.

this occurs as far as i can tell at random an with all weapons.

however it happens to often to keep ignoring it and write it off as lag or some other glitch.

anyone else has this ?

Last edited:
SpaceMoose.jpg

Who, me?

It's probably caused by lag btw ;)

Upvote 0
It's happened too me too I would say about 7% of the time when I first attempt to shoot a rifle after respawn or new round. It is really weird... I actually even thought that it was realistic that maybe some guns acted this way during that time... also seems like this happens more (or i just notice it more) when I'm in a shoot or die situation like close quarter firefight... I can't reproduce it but it shows it's ugly head enough that I think it needs fixin!

Upvote 0
Get us a reproduction for this!

I'd love to, but I have no idea what causes it.

Sometimes, I'll go to fire and it just won't shoot.

Perhaps it's something to do with the reloading anim? The last time it happened to me, I cut off the end of my reload with a sprint, checked my rifle to make sure it reloaded right (it did) and then went to fire... to no avail.

It could be totally unrelated.

Upvote 0
I'd love to, but I have no idea what causes it.

Sometimes, I'll go to fire and it just won't shoot.

Perhaps it's something to do with the reloading anim? The last time it happened to me, I cut off the end of my reload with a sprint, checked my rifle to make sure it reloaded right (it did) and then went to fire... to no avail.

It could be totally unrelated.

same here. hard to say when it happen, but it happen, and a lot (considering how tragic it is)

Upvote 0
try this ,fire at a wall
then try firing in a firefight there really 2 bugs 1, you fire but only like 3 rounds 2, the weapon just dont fire
also sometime when you bring up your ironsight it starts to come up then stops and goes back down
there is something going on
with the weapons

ALSO there some kind of bug with the mags
hit the reload key and if you move , the mag will not change
but you do see the reload anim
so be careful when reloading

Last edited:
Upvote 0