• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] weapon wont fire on first moose click

It's happened too me too I would say about 7% of the time when I first attempt to shoot a rifle after respawn or new round. It is really weird... I actually even thought that it was realistic that maybe some guns acted this way during that time... also seems like this happens more (or i just notice it more) when I'm in a shoot or die situation like close quarter firefight... I can't reproduce it but it shows it's ugly head enough that I think it needs fixin!

Happens to me on barracks, pull up the iron sights and can't shoot on first click. Seems to go away after the first time.

Same thing that I get a lot. In my games it seems it is more apparent on Barracks, but that's compared to FF and apartments, which is a different update anyway.

It's mostly after spawn the first shot I want to make. I use the mosin btw.
No reproduction afaik since it's a 30% chance or something like that. And it's not due to windows or anything, even in the middle of nowhere it happens.

Maybe it's because of lag, but then it is the only thing I notice about the lag. I have no rubberbanding or lag spikes and I only play on >80 ping servers.

Upvote 0
Yes, have this often, and it is extremely annoying. Yesterday it even happened with a bolt action rifle (previously only experienced it with SMGs and semis), so I guess it can potentially occur with any gun.

I have no idea how to reproduce it, but it happens so often (several times each round I play) I would have thought even the devs have experienced it once in a while. It does seem to have something to do with bringing up ironsight, because I don't think I have experienced it while hipshooting.

Upvote 0
yea but maybe because of the sound? It should make sound when you fire, but you get a freeze(& no sound).
At least I can remember in some other games freezes often where sound orientated.
But just guessing of course..

Well, I wouldn't say it is a "freeze". That would mean the character freezes? It is more like a gun jam, you can still move the gun.

Upvote 0
Got the problem aswell, nearly once every round I played I played so far.

I think it has something to do with reloading, maybe after cutting off several reloading-attempts while moving.
You can see that there is something weird because even if you cut off the reloading and the animation is never comepletly shown, sometimes your gun is fully loaded. I think this screws it up from time to time.
Thx for the tipp that it seems to work after pressing fire multiple times, I thought only reloading once again is working...normaly that means a cruel death to me.

Definetly a problem we cant ignore.

Upvote 0