• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Weapon] AS50 Sniper Rifle

Appreciate the prompt update. Do keep us posted for AS50. :)
Well at this rate I have shrunk it and it is having the animations completely redone. I can't fix it with the original cause the hands wont work at all. The new size really fits now so hopefully it'll be better.

[url]http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/images/assault/as03/aks74u.jpg[/URL]
A sub machine gun version or the AK47. It want it for my run 'n' gunner perk.

Upvote 0
Pretty sure we already have the AK74u, which was made by the Russians.

Also seen both Ak47,74 and both u variants also some Aek or an rifles too and all by russians.
Absolutely no offence to the authors but most of the weapons are kinda buggy. Most of them aren't even centered which REALLY annoys me when using a gun. The current AK74S/u they made had a huge delay in the shot because of the animation having extra time at the end when you select the weapon. I also have a slightly nicer model ready to be rigged etc. Like I said, no offence to them as they do decent work.

Upvote 0
Yeah thats right but some of them like the aek or an or especially the xm8 which you can find on some servers are made preety good also the mg's and heavy weapons like the m202 A1 and A2 ( hope i typed the right number , i mean the 4 Rocketholes rocket launcher the big one ), also i preety enjoy that the russians make preety different weapons who also fit preety good, but a beter ak74S/u would be cool to see, especially that i found a normal ak7 4 in green grey from the russians on a server what i like much more then the other 47 or 74 variants

Upvote 0
Here is an update on the size of it. Im still trying to do a million things for myself and others + redoing the reload animation for this bad boy. I have had to nerf the gun a bit on my custom server as I tried to balance it just below the Crossbow but it ended up that some Sharpshooter bug may be occuring this to make their weapons much more damage then they should.

[url]http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=127885420[/URL]

Upvote 0
I find it preety good, and also i think you can do the balancing :)
Also offtopic: What about a normal minigun ? I only seen one in the coding or 3d section here, and i mean not one like the patriarch i mean more a 6 or 8 Barrel like one like the XM134/M134 ( I think thats the one i mean )

Also offtopic: Have seen you have some preety cool gold reskins, do you released them somewhere or mind to release them ? Also gonna add you on steam mate :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I find it preety good, and also i think you can do the balancing :)

Also offtopic: Have seen you have some preety cool gold reskins, do you released them somewhere or mind to release them ? Also gonna add you on steam mate :)
I personally do all the balancing myself by usually comparing to other guns or just how the job of the weapon is, like the G36C being inbetween AK47 and SCAR. I have made gold weapons for my new FluXiPerks as a reward for getting to a specific level (gold levels as I use a medal colour system, bronze (0-5), silver (6-10) and then gold (11-12). I have recently made a load more which are in my screenshots for my steam. They are not fully ready as I only made first person textures for them so far and have not coded or done third person as of yet. I have a lot to do currently as im helpping one to three people with stuff, personal stuff and my own projects all at the same time lol.

Sir Flux,

But it's already, well technically, functioning, right? Any chance that you can upload it somewhere I/we can download, aside from steam? Really, really, really been waiting for this one! :D

Appreciate it!
I have the beta on my custom server right now. A warning, I am not renaming any of the AS50's files so if you convert them into files from your cache, you probably will get version mismatchs. The reason for this is I can't be bothered with making 10 versions all with different names and it should litrally only be on my server anyway due to it not being finished. It's all code protected so no can get them either. Hopefully i'll get some more time (as I have been up till like 3-5am sorting things out) and get a public beta coming soon.

Currently im more into getting my first own made model of the M37 Ithaca shotgun fully made. The reasons for this is because i've never modelled or textured before and if I ace this, I may put it further into 100% making my own weapons from now on as I probably could make so much more and better stuff then ever. I also can solo project everything then and can proudly say "I did it all myself" other then saying I rigged, animated and coded it which can get annoying sometimes.

Upvote 0
@Flux

Completely understandble, sir. Also, appreciate the prompt response. :)

Basically, reason I asked for an alternate link is, I just want to use this at home. Not even on a public/private server. I don't even intend to convert/edit or what not the said files (too innocent for that hahahahaha). Just for personal use. :D

But if you still consider that it's still not feasible for utilization, then no worries. Will wait further. Appreciate the patience. :cool:

Upvote 0
Keyword: AK-->S<--74U
Brotip: SMGs only fire pistol caliber cartridges, such as 7.62x25mm Tokarev, 9x18mm Makarov, 9x19mm Parabellum, .45 ACP, or 10mm Auto
The AKS-74U (or "Krinkov") is a carbine/assault rifle because it fires 5.45x39mm, an intermediate rifle cartridge. The "AK74u" is a failed abortion of a gun invented by cowadooty to make--well--something like this

The more you know!

Upvote 0
Not sure on your changes, its looking like you've cut it down to the size of an assault rifle, it could just be that you have the gun on less of an angle than the M99 sits at. Of course for balance purposes it may look funny to be overly large and be specced lower then a crossbow, but i think its a bit strange for my liking, since in my mind rifle should be larger than the M99.

Still, hard to know how it plays like until i actually play with it :)

Upvote 0
"S" (Russian "С") in AK definition (e.g. АКС-74 or АКС-74у) means "Складывающийся" (folding), i.e. shoulder stock can be folded to the side, not a Sub-machine gun.

"u" ("у") - means shortened (укороченный), and both version exist: standard AK-74u and folding AKS74u.
Are you sure you're not thinking of old the AKMSU in 7.62x39mm? For an AK-74U to really exist it would have to have a full fixed AK-74 stock yet the short barrel & muzzle brake of the AKS-74U

Btw you know I was arguing that it's NOT an SMG, right?

Upvote 0
Not sure on your changes, its looking like you've cut it down to the size of an assault rifle, it could just be that you have the gun on less of an angle than the M99 sits at. Of course for balance purposes it may look funny to be overly large and be specced lower then a crossbow, but i think its a bit strange for my liking, since in my mind rifle should be larger than the M99.

Still, hard to know how it plays like until i actually play with it :)
I wasn't sure how the size was as I asked a few and they say it looks really good. Im comparing it to an assault rifle like the AK47 as it's generally the same but bigger size compared to the AK47. Now the mid part of the AS50 is actually the same size as the AK47 it seems bug longated and slightly wider so it seems alright to me, im not sure. I have tried to look at size comparisons over google and found nothing so if anyone can help me get the size perfect, please do as I wont be redoing the animations till I get it right.

Upvote 0
I wasn't sure how the size was as I asked a few and they say it looks really good. Im comparing it to an assault rifle like the AK47 as it's generally the same but bigger size compared to the AK47. Now the mid part of the AS50 is actually the same size as the AK47 it seems bug longated and slightly wider so it seems alright to me, im not sure. I have tried to look at size comparisons over google and found nothing so if anyone can help me get the size perfect, please do as I wont be redoing the animations till I get it right.

I swear the rifle looked more like a small calibre rifle when you look at it from that view.

Upvote 0

The AS50 is roughly 1/2 a meter longer in total than an AKM, which is why i thought it looks rather small, it does look perfectly sized for an AR atm though.

These sizings are from World Guns, but thats just the stat values, i havent been able to find any good comparison images.
http://world.guns.ru/sniper/large-caliber-sniper-rifles/brit/ai-as50-e.html
http://world.guns.ru/assault/rus/ak-akm-e.html

Upvote 0