• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

v1038... how to make sharps even worse than before

silverlighted;n2257632 said:
And now the stun got reduced...so can you even stun a fp with a railgun headshot anymore?

With the Railgun stunpower reduced to 50, with Ballistic Shock in mind that doubles it back to 100, MINUS the resistance the FP has, you need 2 shots to stun it. Without Ballistic Shock, you need 4 shots to stun it, but by then you already killed it with Sniper, DeadEye and Rack Em Up skill perks.

Upvote 0
Jr175;n2257633 said:
well actually it was 10 shots to the head.

Additionally I believe gladius is trying to say that the railgun has been pushed higher up in demends because it is more favorable than the EBR.

So a T4 is better than a T3 ? Who knew....
The EBR was broken as ****, it could handle trash and big zed.

Meanwhile the Railgun now only handle Scrake reliably and you are **** out of luck to handle trash.
The second you buy the Railgun your team has to handle trash for you, the teamplay is already there. But now you also have to help the Sharpshooter take down the big Zeds ?
What is the point of the Railgun and the Sharpshooter when you could play Gunslinger ?

The Sharpshooter was too good at handling trash and big Zeds because of one T3 weapon, lets nerf it and his T4 too and make him pointless !

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ptigran;n2257636 said:
Meanwhile the Railgun now only handle Scrake reliably and you are **** out of luck to handle trash.
The second you buy the Railgun your team has to handle trash for you, the teamplay is already there.
Anyone can handle scrakes as long as they know what it is that they are doing.

Additionally, are you sure? You can still carry a LAR and with decent skill, still fend off most of the horde.

Ptigran;n2257636 said:
But now you also have to help the Sharpshooter take down the big Zeds ?
What? Where does this sentiment come from?

Ptigran;n2257636 said:
What is the point of the Railgun and the Sharpshooter when you could play Gunslinger ?
Again, what?

Ptigran;n2257636 said:
The Sharpshooter was too good at handling trash and big Zeds because of one T3 weapon, lets nerf it and his T4 too and make him pointless !
You've completely lost me.

Upvote 0
Glad, my man, sometimes you gotta know when to quit. Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. But these people here, don't understand what you're saying because they're ignorant on the matter. No amount of reason can change that, it seems if they haven't experienced it first hand, it isn't true. These are "xbow users," people who don't learn and better themselves in the game to the point some people have. They don't understand the tactics/ideology of KF1 you're trying to communicate. They don't get EBR/LAR sharp in KF1 and how it needs to have some sort of spiritual successor in KF2. It shouldn't necessarily have the same mechanics , but there should be the same role.

Balance with sharp has always been a heated debate, and they're stuck on the details rather than the over arching picture (sort of like TWI in a lot of ways). Sometimes, you just gotta let people believe what ever they believe because there's nothing you can do to change it. Relax and have a beer.

Think about it this way, Glad. TWI has a huge knowledge pool from KF1 vets, HUGE. What have they done with it? TWI is creating a game that "they" think is best. They have time after time again displayed their intent for the game, which is often times is completely the opposite of why people put thousands of hours in KF1. Don't get me wrong, I'm not slighting TWI or anything like that. But the balance of the game is following the "popular" opinion only, and doesn't allow the duality that KF1 had. In addition, they've almost been doing the opposite of what things were in KF1, even if effects the game negatively (as far as vets go). This is "their" game and not the vets game. They seem to lack the knowledge, willpower, or some other resource to create a game like KF1 as far as mechanics and gameplay that satisfies both it seems.

The above is why I quit posting. It's simply a waste of my time. Most of the KF1 vets don't really play KF2 because of... well it's still lacking in mechanics and all. They've moved on to other games mostly. You're getting a lot of people, who don't know KF1 from the top perspective, going on and on about KF2 balance. I've realized that the game I love, won't be getting a spiritual successor. Not saying KF2 will be bad, but I highly doubt it will be anything like the KF1 I know.

Upvote 0
larkstongues42;n2257654 said:
Glad, my man, sometimes you gotta know when to quit. Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. But these people here, don't understand what you're saying because they're ignorant on the matter. No amount of reason can change that, it seems if they haven't experienced it first hand, it isn't true. These are "xbow users," people who don't learn and better themselves in the game to the point some people have. They don't understand the tactics/ideology of KF1 you're trying to communicate. They don't get EBR/LAR sharp in KF1 and how it needs to have some sort of spiritual successor in KF2. It shouldn't necessarily have the same mechanics , but there should be the same role.

Balance with sharp has always been a heated debate, and they're stuck on the details rather than the over arching picture (sort of like TWI in a lot of ways). Sometimes, you just gotta let people believe what ever they believe because there's nothing you can do to change it. Relax and have a beer.

OP provided absolutely no arguement whatsoever and ignored any arguements he got confronted with. "No amount of reason" is practically what he tried and you're suprised it didn't work?

A bunch of people agree while one refuses to engage in open debate. There isn't any debate to begin with so where exactly see a "heated" one?

Last edited:
Reactions: Tagasaki
Upvote 0
Glad, Lark; stahp. It's useless to trying to argue. You gave your reasons they refused to read. In their opinion teamplay is limited to magdumping a "Tank," in our opinion it's eliminating it by engaging while team helps on trash clearing. Make up your minds it's like tryin' to play chess with a pidgeon. You can arrange all the pieces and ready to start yet they flip the pieces around, $#!t on the board and flaunt around like they won. These are the players who convinced TWI to nerf everything so all perks felt like glorified trashkillers. What are you struggling about?
It's over there's nothing to argue anymore. TWI will keep this game pumped with wild guesses about what players would want and pressure policy. We all gave feedback but it's time to stop if you aint seein any measures being taken.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
On other forum, on every topic, why are KF1 "vets" always so sour that they have to stop trying to argue before they even made a proper point? Every time I ask what exactly upsets them so much, in which particular stat or mechanic KF2 fails them or what exactly they want to see how and they figure this could work. The answer is always the same:
1) Anger vent repeating the same KF2 spam gg parole over and over again.
2) There is no use to argue.
Please read back what has been replied on your side in this thread so far and tell me that you don't see it.

I think you people don't even really know what you like or dislike about any of the KF games. You're just angry or embittered and that is THE ONLY thing you give anyone to read. That's not a reason, however. So can you please pull yourself together and make a proper suggestions or argument to discuss?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not sure where you're getting the railgun damage has changed... it hasn't.

Then you go on in this thread to say "give the EBR a damage increase"?

So you think the railgun is too powerful and one way to counter this is to make the EBR more powerful, as well?

Are you high? Lol.

On top of that.. good lord you're defensive in this thread. There isn't much point to making a thread like this if you don't want to read things people write that you don't agree with.

Upvote 0
Escadin;n2257672 said:
Oh well that's a new one. Replies I get when asking KF1 "vets" for solid arguements:
3) Personal insult.

\o/

You call that an insult? Sorry that I hurt your feelings over the internet, but you better try to read instead of calling people out blatantly. It's all over the thread. Asking for a solid argument after this point, make you sound like a lazy student who can't read a novel for homework and looking for summarized version over the internet.

Oh and get a thicker skin it helps shaking off argument and being a better reader.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well... We asked our iconic sharp loadout back and all you ever said was "kf2 is for teamplay lol". There's nothing to argue, you shat on the chessboard and asking for feedback or graduation and maybe abit of feeling of fulfillment. Guess what, you had it all!
Because game is not about guarding each others' back anymore, it's about magdumping because community is undecided about what to nerf next. Yet you still ask for a solid arguement while same point is made by a few different well-known players in the community with 3k-4k hours if you are in for e-peen clashing.

Scru' it am done. You can post after this act like you won. Remember to reblog this thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
NikC-;n2257688 said:
I'm inviting everyone here to spec \ play some KF1 HOE games with us - only M14 / LAR sharps, no AA12 sups, no flamers, no xbow, no pipes/ LAW. We will show you why "disgusting angry kf1 vets" are asking similar mechanics in KF2 and why it requires serious _skill_. Coz skill ==\ spamming which will lead your team to serious consequences.

No thanks. Been there, done that. Grew up and realized sharpshooter is brokenly OP nomatter which load-out you choose. There are other ways to facilitate skill demanding gameplay than to repeat KF1. More balanced ways too. You can try to contribute to that or keep playing KF1 because it's still there. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0