• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unplayable Release FPS

There is reason for legitimate concern. There are an array of issues that would make headlines if they dropped on a bigger game release. Take a look at FFXIV. Just some optimization problems, minor gameplay issues, and a few other things, and a huge rage explosion....I think TWI is lucky so far with the lack of negative reviews pouring out.

I guess people don't review games on bleeding edge or "newer" hardware anymore.

Upvote 0
i'm not the most tech savvy guy around, but it doesn't seem like it's a straight forward solution.

i have a 2 year old i5 system with 4gb ram and a 4890, my fps is 30-90 but playable ~50 most of the time. that is with 1920x1080 and most of the settings high, shadow low, AA/vsync/DOF/all other special effects off. if you raise FOV beyond 75 then you're asking for trouble.

the better hardware with worse performance can only be user side. too much crap running in background, forced settings in GPU control panel etc

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just tried to play the first SP mission and I had the worst performance I've ever seen in a game on my PC. I had about 5 FPS, with sound cutting out and artifacting all over the place ... insane!

The beta ran juts fine around 40 FPS (or higher) with nearly all settings on Ultra ... going to try MP now to see if that's all messed up too.

Upvote 0
My 4890, a 2 year old card, can run this game quite well on mostly ultra settings. Moral of the story is, pc games are a lot more difficult to optimize because everyone has different ****.

People that are disappointed will voice their opinion much more constantly and often for obvious reasons. People who can run the game fine are of course playing it right now. I would be except I'm waiting for my video card fan to ship.

i have a 4890 as well.... works better than i expected and better than a lot of modern games (it's actually playable average ~50 fps at 1920x1080)

Upvote 0
about the 10th thread bout it. they are aware and working on it, but opening 2 new threads every minute will not help but just piss the forums mods off^^

Are they?

I doubt they even know how to fix it.

I'm pretty sure they were aware of the issues long before public beta, since, lets face it, you can;t really miss it.

But no fixes in all that time.

Upvote 0
try deleting your ini files things might have gotten corrupted:

mydocuments\mygames\redorchestra2\config

if that fails try the following as well

open steam -> go to the games library -> right click ro2hos -> properties -> local files -> verify integrity of game cache.

Make sure that all the files are properly defragmented as well if your harddisc was nearly full it could give some nasty performance issues.

Upvote 0
Quad Core 3.2 Ghz
4Gigs DDR3 RAM
HD 5750 w/ 1Gig DDR5

Get around 60 FPS when in about the center of a map looking towards the edges, Everything on Ultra except Shadows and Occlusion Quality, running at 1680X1050. The framerate will drop to 20 and under though, especially in-doors on Station, and some parts of Spartanovka generally looking towards the town square. But these framerates are in full 64 player servers

Upvote 0
I have a comparable rig to yours and get 30-75 fps with everything on high except shadows and AA which are at low. Moving sliders to medium or low does not make a noticeable difference to me. I am not sure how to interpret that. Driver issue perhaps?

I do note my performance can vary greatly with diff servers. Some, I think, just over-estimate their ability to handle large wars. I seem to have good luck with Tripwire's servers and Kentucky Fried Gulash at 64, but others can be very laggy 32 players.

1980x1060
AA low
phenom II X4 2.6
4 gig ddr3
win 7 64
ati 5770 1gig

Upvote 0
Even at my 1600x900, I had to turn shadows down. Also, don't check hardware physics. You can try the forced AA via Nvidia control panel as well for a performance and image improvement. Look about, there are plenty of threads in the forum for tweaks.

Personally, with the system in my Signature, I am pulling a steady high 50's to 60 fps with vsync on (only have a 60hz monitor, more than that is a waste).

Upvote 0