• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unplayable Release FPS

The issue for me is not so much frame rate, but mad stuttering all the time. I will get about 40FPS but it will look like 15 at times because of all the stuttering.

Same.

While my crossfired 6970's should be able to pull 80+ at all times if CF were working, I'd gladly settle for a 40 fps constant.

The gpu usage is erratic, which causes alot of stuttering.

Upvote 0
How can you say that you run the game fine when it's at 40 fps Supersonic ?

Sorry this game is to be ran at 60 stable , specially without having any fancy graphics .

I play in 1920x1200 and sorry to say 40 is not fine , or 30 (this is not uncharted or other gimmicky console games sorry) .

Anything below 60 for this game even on ultra is a joke with decent hardware , and the truth is that we don't have that right now , also be good if the people saying it ran great actually specified if they play on 64 player maps or just the low count ones , and resolution etc .

Anyway it's obvious that there is a problem in optimization , just hoping tripwire fixes it soon

Upvote 0
I already posted it on another thread but i will post it here too:

Low GPU usage:
Search for some low gpu usage on Google, F1 2010 has the same friggin performance bug as some are getting with NVidia cards... sadly nobody fixed it.

Another thread is that the low gpu usage was due to bad airflow on the graphics card, so it mantained a low usage to not overheat.

Into the Bulletstorm forums (UE3), one guy with ATI card was having the same issues:
It was laggy at best, only used about 65% of my gpu, and only used about 20% of each physical core, none of the virtual cores.

So, a guy told me to.
"Turn off Framerate smoothing inside the StormEngine.ini and also Turn off Mouse Smoothing in the StormInput.ini file"

Set vsync in ccc to always off and disable edge detection.

That worked, gameplay was much smoother after that, fps was now around 60, and i noticed no slowdows while i tested it during the first firefight in the game.
gpu usage had risen to 98%, but cpu usage was the same.
Stuttering:
See if you have enough Virtual Memory available. I think that may be the cause.

Take a look into your PC temps too, a friend of mine kept getting bad fps at some games because his Videocard kept getting clogged with dust.

Misc:
Disable Steam Overlay?

I will keep searching more, who knows if one of these works.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
unplayable for me too,
bugs, crach (server browser), ping is hight, and FPS are very low.
my Pc :
AMD Phenom II X6 [email protected]/4go DDR3/AMD 5870 1go/1920*1080. (with last graphic and sound drivers)

FPS are between 30-35fps and 50-55FPS, unplayable :mad:.

With this it's better, but not fine.

(BC2 works great with more than 40-45fps, average 50-60fps).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You guys need to adjust your settings and sometimes your .ini files to get Unreal engine to perform optimally. It's been like that for ten years.

Did you expect Tripwire to re-invent Unreal engine? It's configurable. learn how to squeeze it for more FPS.

I can't imagine new cards having problems that can't be solved. At the worst, you may have to wait for new driver versions to fix the problem. But Unreal is designed to work on NVidia, and vice versa.

Upvote 0
The issue for me is not so much frame rate, but mad stuttering all the time. I will get about 40FPS but it will look like 15 at times because of all the stuttering.

This! This!! THIS!!! Seems like no matter what I put in the config files the game keeps doing these fps drops that take the enjoyment out! I am not saying "OMG I WANT AT LEAST 200FPS!!!", all I want is the game to run smoothly, without any stutters. Too much to ask..?

Specs:
Sabertooth P67
2500k @ 4.5ghz
8gb ram
gtx 580
Vertex 2 SSD

All my drivers are up to date.. And all the other games seem to run as they're supposed to.

Upvote 0
Well I tried disabling vsync, doesn't help me. I turned on one frame thread lag, it seems to increase my FPS in some spots (I even hit 60!) but it never feels as smooth as the frame counter would lead me to believe (60 feels like 30, that sort of thing).

same, it will say I'm getting like 40-50 FPS but it feels more like 30. Add the stuttering to it and it's unbearable.

Upvote 0
20 random crashes for me so far today, no dmp files been produced on last dozen or so. 1 blue screen, most just CTD and many ROengine stopped.

Had enough for now, hope something is done to fix, as im playing with almost everything turned off that can be turned off.

Win Xp Home,
4 gig Ram
Asus GTX460 tops
Q8800 at 2.66Ghz

Max playtime, 2 minutes.
No stats saving, no progress etc

Upvote 0