• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unplayable Release FPS

My 4890, a 2 year old card, can run this game quite well on mostly ultra settings. Moral of the story is, pc games are a lot more difficult to optimize because everyone has different ****.

People that are disappointed will voice their opinion much more constantly and often for obvious reasons. People who can run the game fine are of course playing it right now. I would be except I'm waiting for my video card fan to ship.

Last edited:
Reactions: V.Medvedev
Upvote 0
My 4890, a 2 year old card, can run this game quite well on mostly ultra settings. Moral of the story is, pc games are a lot more difficult to optimize because everyone has different ****.

People that are disappointed will voice their opinion much more constantly and often for obvious reasons. People who can run the game fine are of course playing it right now. I would be except I'm waiting for my video card fan to ship.

I have the same card ATI 4890 however I'm running it juuuust above slideshow even with graphics reduced. Maybe its because I'm using an older E6600 2.4 gig Core2 Duo?

how do you get it to run smoothly?

Upvote 0
True. It is running at about 50% the FPS than the beta after the final patch.

I'm at 35-45 fps avg. Very rarely 60 fps. Sometimes as low 17.5. 20 fps or worse while scoped.

This is with all setting to ultra.

win 7 64
i7 860 @ 4.1 ghz
Asus Maximus Formula
4 gb Corsair DDR3 1600
Dual Intel 80 gb SSD's Raid 0
ATI 6990 + 6970 Crossfire (regarding this, at the three gpu's hit 90% load. Other times 30% or less in the same areas with about the same amount of action)
Corsair 1250 PSU

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mhm. Same story here. Lowest settings getting between 8 and 25 fps.
2x 2.83ghz
2gb ram
xp32
6850 with 11.8 drivers

I had rolled back to 11.2 drivers because they helped performance a bit. Before the september 12th patch I was getting 30-40 fps on 11.2 drivers, after it, the game was running really, really bad. So I went back to 11.8. Now I'm getting what I said above: 8 - 25. What the hell.

Upvote 0