• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Too many bad medics

I got him to level 5, just by healing allies during trader time OFF PERK

Probably took you 200+ hours.

I actively level medic as my second perk and it was SO SUPER FRUSTRATING to join hard matches where everyone would just be at full HP 99% of the time providing me with <100 exp per 10 wave match.
Please don't go back there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Probably took you 200+ hours.

I actively level medic as my second perk and it was SO SUPER FRUSTRATING to join hard matches where everyone would just be at full HP 99% of the time providing me with <100 exp per 10 wave match.
Please don't go back there.
It's actually quite possible to get to level 5 medic since it's just 25k. 1/3 or a 1/4 of what it takes to get to level 6 depending on how you want to look at it.

Edit:I meant that it's possible to do off perk in less than 200 hours* Atleast since in KF1 it was based on a 1:1 ratio of health healed for exp. And not the current flat rate of 2xp per heal...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Also, medics are players, not dart dispensing bots.
They're actual human beings that play KF2 for their own enjoyment, not yours.
And that means that they want to shoot some things too, not just click alt fire in general direction of your butt the entire game.

That is Irrelevant nonsense if they want to kill zeds then they need to play as Commando or any other perk that is not Medic the sole purpose of the medic is to keep the team alive by healing the team not killing everything in sight.

Upvote 0
That is Irrelevant nonsense if they want to kill zeds then they need to play as Commando or any other perk that is not Medic the sole purpose of the medic is to keep the team alive by healing the team not killing everything in sight.

The hard and interesting part of playing medic is having to decide the best way to help the team at a given moment. Damage or heal? Heal whom? Dart or nade?

Upvote 0
Agree medic at present is tedious. At least it is if you worry about keeping the team's armor up.

Theres little or no point with the nerf. It better for the team to avoid any damage (or get least possible) so you can focus healing on one or two players in a wave. And re-armor up during the trash spawn lulls.

Its not tedious... but you have to be a special kind of fooker*. Like a goalkeeper.

* Refers to self, not other ppl who may have sensitivities.

Upvote 0
Am I the only one who actually enjoys stumbling Scrakes and Fleshpounds?

I honestly don't mind being the dart dispenser if that's my current role in the group, but oh God I love making a guy with a chainsaw arm faceplant every three seconds.

Esp when he is chainsawing your guy and about to kill him. When your stumble shots breaks the Scrake out of his death blow on your buddy, that's pretty awesome.

Upvote 0
For every bad medic, there's another three or four bad insert-other-perks that:

• refuse to ever be a medic
  • refuse to ever carry a medic weapon
  • don't pull out a syringe for anybody's benefit other than themselves
  • rage every big zed possible at the most inconvenient time, making any medic's job instantaneously and exponentially more difficult
  • take substantial amounts of damage, then spam "Request Healing" despite refusing to even be within LoS of a medic or the rest of their team
  • Tank Hans without bothering to block, parry or break LoS; then
  • Complain loudly about how it's entirely the medic's fault that they died
  • Generally act like a nine-year-old twat because who gives a toss about co-operative play in a co-operative game
It pains me to think of how often the medic gets the blame for an all-round pedestrian team effort, centred mostly on Firebugs, Commandos, Supports, Demos and Gunslingers that think bodyshotting everything with legs ASAP is the best strategy.

Upvote 0
Am I the only one who actually enjoys stumbling Scrakes and Fleshpounds?

I honestly don't mind being the dart dispenser if that's my current role in the group, but oh God I love making a guy with a chainsaw arm faceplant every three seconds.

Indeed. This is a vital skill when the rest of the team has died and youre soloing the map in the effort of surviving the wave.

For every bad medic, there's another three or four bad insert-other-perks that:

• refuse to ever be a medic
  • refuse to ever carry a medic weapon
  • don't pull out a syringe for anybody's benefit other than themselves
  • rage every big zed possible at the most inconvenient time, making any medic's job instantaneously and exponentially more difficult
  • take substantial amounts of damage, then spam "Request Healing" despite refusing to even be within LoS of a medic or the rest of their team
  • Tank Hans without bothering to block, parry or break LoS; then
  • Complain loudly about how it's entirely the medic's fault that they died
  • Generally act like a nine-year-old twat because who gives a toss about co-operative play in a co-operative game
It pains me to think of how often the medic gets the blame for an all-round pedestrian team effort, centred mostly on Firebugs, Commandos, Supports, Demos and Gunslingers that think bodyshotting everything with legs ASAP is the best strategy.

Nice. Everything you say is so true on pub servers. :D
Ppl just cant work out the mechanics. Especially on coop play.

Upvote 0
Also, medics are players, not dart dispensing bots.
They're actual human beings that play KF2 for their own enjoyment, not yours.
And that means that they want to shoot some things too, not just click alt fire in general direction of your butt the entire game.
Just wow.. Sorry, but the medic class IS the one you play for the sake of your team. In any game..
Play Team Fortress 2 as medic, and just run around ignoring your teammates. You would't stay there for a 5 mins before you'll get kicked.
Play any mmorpg as a healer class, and never heal the tank, saying you want some fun with the mobs. You'll get kicked out of the party in a moment.
When a player chooses the role of a healer in a game, he must realize he responds for the vitality of his team. If you chose to be a medic advisedly, then you HAVE to be the dart dispencer. Because your team expects you to be. If you really don't want to alt-fire others' butts, just do not play as medic, what's a problem? Let the someone else be the medic then, do not give false hope to players.
And there are a lot of other classes for "your own enjoyment", like a demolitionist or a firebug.

P.S. Seeing the amount of players who choose the role of a healing class yet want to have fun their way and not giving a damn about their teams, now I realize why there are a lot of mmorpgs without the healer class at all lately

Upvote 0
Just wow.. Sorry, but the medic class IS the one you play for the sake of your team. In any game..
Play Team Fortress 2 as medic, and just run around ignoring your teammates. You would't stay there for a 5 mins before you'll get kicked.
Play any mmorpg as a healer class, and never heal the tank, saying you want some fun with the mobs. You'll get kicked out of the party in a moment.
When a player chooses the role of a healer in a game, he must realize he responds for the vitality of his team. If you chose to be a medic advisedly, then you HAVE to be the dart dispencer. Because your team expects you to be. If you really don't want to alt-fire others' butts, just do not play as medic, what's a problem? Let the someone else be the medic then, do not give false hope to players.
And there are a lot of other classes for "your own enjoyment", like a demolitionist or a firebug.

P.S. Seeing the amount of players who choose the role of a healing class yet want to have fun their way and not giving a damn about their teams, now I realize why there are a lot of mmorpgs without the healer class at all lately

You're forgetting.

They can play however they want and it's not anyone's place to tell them otherwise.

This isn't an MMO it's a shooter. We don't spend hours on hours roleplaying as we build up guilds of reliable players, we spend that time going shooty shooty bang bang with whatever rando happens to be in the same servers at the same time. Get used to the fact that not everyone is playing to be optimal.

Edit: And no one gets kicked in ****ing Team Fortress. Battle medics are stupid as **** but people play them and that's OK. And if you're blaming your losses on a ****ty teammate, maybe become a little more aware of the dunning-kruger effect

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Let the someone else be the medic then, do not give false hope to players.
Picking medic doesn't automatically initiate some "no-one else can pick medic" clause.

If you wonder why medics primary fire their weapons instead of doing nothing but darts all game, consider this notion:

The number of zeds per wave is ~4.5x the amount @ 6-players to what it is @ 1. This means that there's a lot of deadweight in a team if the medic has to spend a substantial amount of time primary-firing their weapon rather than alt-firing. In effect, if the rest of the team wasn't so terrible, the medic would only have to occasionally primary-fire.
...now I realize why there are a lot of mmorpgs without the healer class at all lately
It's no different in KF2 because good medics are sick to the back teeth of having their team not cover them, having to carry deadweight players that can't shoot, aim, conserve ammunition or position themselves in such a way as to have better control over where enemies spawn and path.

In short, good medics don't like running this perk anymore because the vast majority of players are an embarrassment to co-operative games.

Upvote 0
In short, good medics don't like running this perk anymore because the vast majority of players are an embarrassment to co-operative games.

Pretty much this. I just stick with demo / support with a med pistol to do back up healing. Those two perks can unleash hellfire upon a situation spiraling out of control. The medic can only watch as it collapses before him before taking off and eventually getting mashed by six perma raging scrakes.

Upvote 0

Lol :D That's just so typical for KF. Everyone feels that he can derp around with no regard to other teammates, but the medic. That's the one class that automatically makes you a martyr in a game, as no one will ever heal you, no one cares if raged zeds are mauling your ***, because, bah, that's just a medic. He's just there to take care of your needs, all the time. Hell, when there is one around, you can pretty much forget about the little fact that enemies deal damage altogether. Everyone knows that if you die, it's just medic's fault.

And all that amazing amount of entitlement is simply deduced from the class name, 'medic'. Well look at that, then: everything a medic class can buy at trader is a weapon. When you click its primary function, guess what it does: it shoots bullets. Exactly half of medic skills are combat-focused. So, yeah, I think that game developers may have a bit different stance than you about that whole medics being dart dispensing bots thing. Not to mention that classes are so mixed and watered down right now in KF2 that it barely makes any sense to say that any of them has some particular function. Comparing casual pewpewpew shooter that is KF2 to mmorpgs is just ridiculous.

Here's the thing, though: a bad teammate is just a bad teammate. It doesn't matter what icon he has next to his name. If you have an occasion to heal someone and you don't do it or if you can take zeds off someone's back but chose to run away instead - you're failing as a teammate just as hard as medic that plays that class for the armor and speed bonus.

There is all kind of sh*t going on pub servers, and it seems that it's the medics that get most flak, because, strangely, it's the only class that seems to have any kind of responsibility attached to it in the eyes of the players. And that's just bullsh*t. Responsibility for well being of teammates applies to everyone.

And also, everyone has equal right to have some fun in the game. As I mentioned before, medic class is constructed both for healing and combat by design. If you see a medic fending off zeds instead of healing, maybe it's because no one else clears path for him. In order to help someone, you have to stay alive yourself, you know. Or maybe you already pissed him off by the lack of support, so he no longer cares if you live or die. That's just how human beings react. You don't run KF2, pick support and connect to a server because you worry that someone might need ammo right now. You run KF2 to have some fun. Well, medics do just the same. The sooner you understand that and start treating them like players, not healbots, the greater chance they will take care of you in return.

Upvote 0
Exactly half of medic skills are combat-focused. So, yeah, I think that game developers may have a bit different stance than you about that whole medics being dart dispensing bots thing

Combat medic should really be more COMBAT and less MEDIC. Tripwire made a step in the right direction with the armor nerf, now they just need to play with his combat skills a bit more to make them actually viable.

Comparing casual pewpewpew shooter that is KF2 to mmorpgs is just ridiculous.

Gives me an idea: in addition to solo drops, include team drops in the postgame where we have to roll 1d100 for it. Highest number wins, let the rage commence.

If you see a medic fending off zeds instead of healing, maybe it's because no one else clears path for him.

Yet another of the hundreds of reasons the dwindling popularity of Commando has been such a detriment to those of us who play on higher difficulties. Medic gets swamped by speedy zeds and his mediocre weapons can't effectively fend them off as such close range. A mando effectively covers the medic indefinitely.

Upvote 0