• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:


    We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.



    For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

The Ostfront CYOA Game!

Jhaxavier

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 9, 2006
467
0
0
Remember those Choose Your Own Adventure books from the '80s and '90s? Remember those choice-based text adventures from back in the day?

I've already been messing around with it on MSN for a while with my buddies, and so I shall bring it here!

But first some rules/guidelines:
-I do the writing. YOU make the choice, so no manipulative writing with your choice.
-No spamming a choice, or just general writing bullsh!t because you feel like it.
-Offtopic chat goes in brackets "(" and ")", unless you're just commenting w/o a choice chosen.
-Choose only one. Don't make up ones either, unless you put it in brackets as something not serious. Don't modify existing choices either, you'll just be posting offtopic...
-It's done by majority rules, so I won't be selecting a choice just because one big member of the community chose it. >.>!!

Thanks for listening. ;) Now, let's start :D
-------

You wake up feeling slightly dizzy. The harsh morning sunlight makes you squint as you lie in the snows of Stalingrad. What will you do?

A. Get up.
B. Roll over.
C. Fall asleep.
D. Check inventory.

(Well, I have to have something to do when the internet is being a ***** to my ping, heh)
 

Jhaxavier

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 9, 2006
467
0
0
(no, you don't. and please don't post w/o choosing...read the rules D:!)
You decide to roll over.

Holy ****, there was a dead German right underneath you! Gawwd...his legs look like they've put put through a meat grinder, then frozen slightly. What will you do?

A. Cannibalize his corpse. Raw.
B. Loot his corpse.
C. Go to sleep.
D. Get up.
 
Last edited:

Jhaxavier

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 9, 2006
467
0
0
You get up and take a few steps back from the dead body. You look around...

It looks like a battle has taken place here. A blown-up halftrack is smouldering in front of a shop down the street, and there are some bodies strewn in the alley you are in. What will you do?

A. Loot that dead guy's corpse.
B. Get out of the alley.
C. Hide and wimper.
D. Go to sleep.

(more people post; the first person to post not necessarily wins...)
 

Deeival

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 4, 2006
674
1
0
(Of course the first person wins! :D I just got nothing else to do atm, sorry)

Get out of the alley
 

Britney Federline

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
1,174
123
0
I assume that looting that guys corpse will result in hours of hilarity like in the Weekend at Bernies movies, so definitely ya gotta loot the dude.
 

Jhaxavier

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 9, 2006
467
0
0
You decide to loot him. You find:

1 MP40 SMG (empty)
3 MP40 Clips (8mm mauser, 32 rds per clip)
1 Stalhelm
3 cans of meat paste
Wallet
Clothes
2 rolls of toilet paper in the helmet

You have:
1 PPD40 SMG (clip feels heavy)
No Ammo
1 Ushanka
Your clothing
1 Can of SPAM (from lend-lease)
A picture of your girlfriend (in the ushanka)

You also feel slightly 'blocked up'. What would you like to do?

A. Take it all. (will require certain items to be swapped)
B. Take certain items (you decide in non OOC chat)
C. Forget it.
D. Take a sh!t.
 

Jhaxavier

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 9, 2006
467
0
0
You take the ammo and the MP40 and drop your PPD40.

Suddenly you hear German voices down around the corner to your right! ****! You instinctively run for cover behind a derelict streetcar and wait. They round the corner...what will you do?

A. Stay still.
B. Open fire!
C. Wait till they pass and THEN take them out.
D. Attempt to distract them by throwing your can of SPAM down that alley.

(well, this has gotten quite popular! :D)
 
Last edited: