• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The katana and AK feedback and questions thread.

So... I guess that there are no play styles and no maps where Katana can be as effective, or even more effective, than a Chainsaw would be?
Only when in the hands of a Beserker.They are the only class capable of making decent use of the Chainsaw. Anyone can have space for a Katana and use it well.
Since Katana obviously is such a bad weapon (only as viable as a Machete from what I've understand) - you think that Katana is currently overpriced and should cost [much] less than the current

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I will add that, ESPECIALLY in the hands on non-zerkers, but even in the hands of non-level-5 Zerks, the Katana loses a significant amount of effectiveness on Hard. There's a big difference between 1-hitting a Gorefast and 2-hitting it...

Lower level 'Zerkers especially should stick to the Chainsaw for it's sheer power. At level 5, this doesn't matter as much because with all the boosts, the Katana pretty much one-hit-kills everything short of Skrakes even on Hard, but at levels lower than that...it doesn't do it everytime and can get you into real trouble with groups of Gorefasts on Hard...

Upvote 0
Put what into vote? We've already established that the Katana is an awesome weapon. :D
Put into vote whether people think Katana is the better Beserker weapon or Cainsaw. I'd rather not though, since like I said, it'll get ugly with all the reasoning, disagreement and any other complications. I never denied that it's awesome from the start though, but I do personally find it a tad cliche'd.
I will add that, ESPECIALLY in the hands on non-zerkers, but even in the hands of non-level-5 Zerks, the Katana loses a significant amount of effectiveness on Hard. There's a big difference between 1-hitting a Gorefast and 2-hitting it...
Though that's true, it's still the best that a non-zerker can buy for melee, so if the space and money are readily available, they'd still benefit from buying it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Though that's true, it's still the best that a non-zerker can buy for melee, so if the space and money are readily available, they'd still benefit from buying it.

That's of course true. I just meant that they need to REMEMBER that it's a BACKUP and ammo saver for them, not a primary weapon and that they are NOT bersekers. And that even as a backup weapon, it's far from idea after normal...

Upvote 0
I find methods to kick just as much ***, and be just as protective, with the Katana--only my game speeds up. The micro-stun/knockback effect of the chainsaw is clearly superior for doors/stairs blockage and crowd control, but there are effective defensive postures and crowd-controlling techniques with the Katana as well. Tried and tested, Hard/Suicidal only. Clearly a place and time for both weapons in a hardcore zerker's arsenal.

Upvote 0
I dont understand why so many people prefer the katana, i loved it when it first came out but still i think the chainsaws better, on suicidal you probably wont have enough for a katana and ak47, i still think a zerker on suicidal is better with a bullpup and chainsaw then a katana, not to mention it's alot easier to decap fps with a chainsaw then katana, i mean some will say you need timing and all to do it with a katana but in some situations like if you have an fp with a siren behind it or scrake you wont have much time for timing will you? im level 5 zerker but still i prefer the chainsaw.

Upvote 0
What's the point of voting? In the end it's just subjective.

Might explain why I've said three times now, why I DON'T think it should be done. It was meant to be rhetoric and give the impression that in such a situation, things would only turn out bad, as implied by myself and explained by yourself. You asked exactly what said vote would be, should it appear and I answered. I never said to do it.
To answer your question, there is no point, hence why it's not happened.

Upvote 0
It was meant to be rhetoric and give the impression that in such a situation, things would only turn out bad, as implied by myself and explained by yourself.

You suggested it bub. Sure you said why it was bad, but you suggested it nonetheless as though there would be a point in doing it. Please make yourself clearer in at least one out of three posts in future. :)

Upvote 0