• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The ArmA 2 thread (hurr hurr, no Armed Assault 2)

A2:OA is damn good. That's all I can say. Sure, it has the standard ArmA problems... but who cares, it's to be expected. It's a lot of fun in tactical co-op. Tonight we had a little TDNL release party with about 13 people playing, **** was fun. Reise's pic sums up BIS games pretty well, haters gonna hate. That's just the way it is. I dunno man... to me it's the best combat sim around.

Upvote 0
I would get the Combined Operations pack if you don't already have A2, it adds both A2 and OA. IMO it's worth is because there are plenty of good missions for A2 as well and if you plan on joining a squad (definitely recommended, much better than pubs) they will probably play A2 missions sooner or later. I don't know the price of Combined Operations.

The first beta of ACE2 for OA is already out (4 days ago I guess) but it's currently only released through the SIX updater and Kelly's Heroes updater. A stable version of ACE2 for OA is not out yet.

ACE isn't really needed, except for missions that require it. Or, if you're in a squad ('clan' is a swear word in the BIS community) and if the server admin or team leader decides that he wants to use ACE during a non-ACE mission, the rest of the team can then also load ACE and it pretty much becomes an ACE mission then (if all of the players enable it).

If you buy it, be prepared to deal with bugs and minor annoyances, but the many great experiences make up for it.

Upvote 0
LOL ok I finally give up with this Add-On. I'm in full flight with the apache, and a GUN SHOT!!(must have been that because if it were AA the chopper wouldve been damaged which was not the case at all) killed me even though I'm like 500m above the ground and as I said in full flight.

"Still has problems" -> understatement of the month

Anyways I'm outta this thread because I don't wanna annoy the people who actually enjoy this game(in MP I suppose) too much

Upvote 0
hey lemon , lets hook up for some rounds of coop-mission or anything you might suggest - Playin Arma2 on 1.07 with a stable Ace on Chernarus or custom maps is still a blast. Pretty much a noob-but i can read a map and find my way without gps.

I'm a horrible noob at ArmAII, please don't take it as an offence if I say no. I'm simply looking for an already existing group that can teach me the basics and get me going.

Upvote 0
I'm a horrible noob at ArmAII, please don't take it as an offence if I say no. I'm simply looking for an already existing group that can teach me the basics and get me going.

I have not played on-line for ages but I do strongly recommend Kellys Heroes.
They are very accommodating. Use only tried and tested mods.
Some very good missions are created by members.

The download repository's (Yomas) will keep you up to date with their servers.
You don't have to be in the "clan" :p to play.

Be prepared to listen and learn.

Upvote 0
Yeah, we're Dutch only. LemoN, try the ArmA 2 squad forum section:

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90

There's also a sticky where you can ask for a squad.

You guys can always use our TS3, PM me if you want the IP.

I registered, posted a reply and I can't find it any more. I know that the forums are mod-activation only for posts but it even has disappeared from my post statistics.

That was 3 days ago now.

Upvote 0