• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The ArmA 2 thread (hurr hurr, no Armed Assault 2)

Looks like I'll wait until it's released before I buy OA in the hopes there's a discount on the bundle.

I may do the same thought I don't expect much since the current bundle is already pretty cheap.

I'm currently playing the OA demo. Its runs tremendously better than the Arma2 demo. I'm running on a combo of high/very high settings and its pretty damn smooth. Graphics can be phenomenal at times. My only major complaint with the demo is the servers....where the hell is everyone? It was the same with the ArmA2 demo. It can't be that unpopular that only 8?! people are playing. Dub Tee Eff.

Upvote 0
I think most people interested already bought it just like that without waiting for the demo.
Others might have been turned off by ArmA 2 demo and just gave up on it or are just not interested in the game.

Anyways, i heard some people complain about the British DLC around the internet. I think it's kind of funny though.
If you dont want to pay to play with British units you can just download a mod which adds the British and the weapons they use, because i believe there are even 2 or 3 mods around adding them.
Because of that buying the DLC is just a matter of supporting BIS for their unending support for the game in my opinion.
To me it's more like a donation really, but instead of just a donation i get some cool units and all the rest thats in the pack in return.

Upvote 0
At first I thought "DLC? Meh... there already are British units in OA.", but SiC has a good point. It's a way of supporting BIS, kinda like with the Killing Floor character skins that TWI put out. And you do get quite a lot in return... so I'll probably buy it.

Hi-res screens here.

http://www.doupe.cz/Do-ArmA-2-OA-pr...uzivni-screenshoty/sr-1-a-138496/default.aspx

BTW, MTP works so much better in Afghanistan. Good pattern IMO.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ahhh I hate to say it but after spending three days with the OA demo I've decided I'm still not gonna get into ArmA. I get so excited for every new ArmA game but despite the potential it always ends up disappointing me. I rescind what I said about it running "tremendously" better. Some scenes it could be pretty smooth but then I can look in a different direction and its stutter city. Plus the goofy graphical anomalies are still there and the ever-present clunkiness that I just can't ignore. Tis unfortunately another pass.

Upvote 0
Im looking for some Euro players to get some games together. I saw Lemon complaining about not having a euro squad to play with, so if Lemon or anybody else interested could PM me that'd be great. We could then set about creating a semi-permanent ArmA 2 squad.

And then... Perhaps... Challenge the Dutchies to a battle. :cool:

Upvote 0