• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server ServerAds - setup recurring text/admin messages!

Attachments

• serveradsse.PNG
    serveradsse.PNG
    57.4 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0
I have a server on mutliplay.co.uk. I have managed to get ServerAdsSE working, but I am unable to set it up from the .ini and have to use the web interface. This is a problem as every time the server is restarted the messages reset to the defaults.

In the .ini when I save it the defaults are placed again, and my edits are ignored and the new lines are referenced by the mutator not mine...it ends up looking like this:
Code:
[ServerAdsSE.ServerAdsSE]
bEnabled=True
fDelay=300.000000
sLines[0]=@

Upvote 0
ah, i had just restarted the server after editing, not stopped then edited then started it up. Thanks! ...the duplicate slines were jut added by the server, probably because it was running at the time of edit, so I will remove them all etc and start again.

thanks for pointing out that I cannot read and follow instructions to the word! :p

Upvote 0
yes the webinterface is fine, but that does mean whenever the server is restarted it will go back to the defaults in the .ini

As it happens I have just tried one last idea and...it worked ^^

I allowed the mut/multiplay/whoever to add the lines they wanted to do on startup. The duplicate lines occurred when editing these so, rather than edit them I simply placed my desired lines and parameters further down the list, resulting in the defaults being overwritten when processed. :) It is now working perfectly.

regardless, thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Upvote 0