• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server ServerAds - setup recurring text/admin messages!

I'm running an INX Killing Floor server and I just cannot get ServerAds to work.

I've installed all the files to my server keeping the file structure, i've entered all the details into the ini file in the correct places, yet my server will not start with ServerActors=ServerAdsSE.ServerAdsSE under [Engine.GameEngine]. I've tried entering it as the first and last ServerActor but still no joy.

I've gone through all the steps about five times now, but every time the server just refuses to start.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas I'd appreciate it.

Upvote 0
i think per line is restricted to one color per line ;( well i carnt seam to get it working?

You can colour each letter different. There's no one colour per line rule. I've got multi colours on my server messages lines. Dont forget to include the stupid ascii square type character at the beginning of the colour code. You need that as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You can colour each letter different. There's no one colour per line rule. I've got multi colours on my server messages lines. Dont forget to include the stupid ascii square type character at the beginning of the colour code. You need that as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ive tried installing this mutator so many times. Can someone take the time to breakdown the unzipped content of ServerAdsSE The how to says to just unzip that file to you root kfserver folder which isnt correct. You would then have kfserver/ServerAdsSE and the ServerAdsSE.u would not be in the right system folder?

When you unzip the file to your root kf server folder, you need access the ServerAdsSE folder and place the files into the corresponding folder.

i.e. ServerAdsSE/system/ServerAdsSE.u to rootfolder/system/ServerAdsSE.u

Upvote 0
mmmm just a litlle problem.

When i put messages all works fine but when i arrive to the 7th message line ServerAdsSE cuts this line, the message can be paste completed.

And Lines 8 to 24 Stills Disabled.

So i can put only until 7th messages with ServerAdsSE .. i need more

Any idea?

TY and sorry for my terrible english guys :(

Upvote 0
^^there is some sort of bug/character limit that prevent you from going past x amount of lines through the text field in webadmin, that's why your changes are not going through. only way is to shut down server and manually edit the line entries in your server ini. then you can't use the web ui anymore, since it will erase your changes over that limit.

this is the reason I got rid of serverads and switch to the rss module from serverext, you can make a static rss config that works in the same way as serverads. if you don't need the adminsay/banner messages then this one is much better, and you can edit while the server is running.

go here for setup infos:
http://wiki.unrealadmin.org/ServerExt#RSS_Feed_Mutator[url]http://wiki.unrealadmin.org/ServerExt#RSS_Feed_Mutator[/URL]

if you just want the same serverads function, then I would use the ServerExt.MutRSSCentral serveractor method. this is the simplest way with no package download for players, and you can edit/create multiple feeds from scratch directly through webadmin, it's integrated into the kf web ui.

Upvote 0