• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Narva17March_B2 & RO-MuddyTigers

Moe, obviously .... you didn't read my last post.:(

The Russians do spawn at A while the Germans are at B.... But I see that as a good thing. Your transport is right there and 'Fausts are right there. I don't understand the problem seen. I tried that tonight and found that I could hammer the Germans in B with the 'Fausts. I really saw no disadvantage. I drove across to the Fausts and between the machine gun in the UPC and my 'Fausts I made the Germans suffer.

My bad, somehow I missed that last post Mike. :eek:

In any case, in that situation, I found it quite easy to be a German (and a little boring because of that) and more than a little frustrated to be a Russian in that situation. As a German there, I found I could duck often enough to avoid even most tank fire that was directed at me, long enough for a German tank to take out the Russian one who was trying to kill me.

As far as the UPCs, for the most part they were being shot up before I could even climb in one...

Upvote 0
Yeah.... ok, you got all the answers. Nothing like comparing real life (test drive a car) to a FPS game.... Geez. Oh well, live and learn.

I'd be glad to show you. I'm there now. I'll be available whenever you are. Hmmm played four rounds and you never showed up.....

Edit: All Infantry soldiers do spawn at "A" once A&B are capped. I was mistaken, its rarely that I play as Infantry. Please, just jump in ...I'll spot you.

Edit2: Hmmm played four rounds and you never showed up..... oh well.

Uh, sorry, didn't know our "date" was for last night. :) When I started playing RO last night it was around 10pm EST and only two people were on the RGN CA server, so I headed over to RTR for some Berezina action. >shrug<

Maybe I'll catch you tonight.

Upvote 0
As in most tank heavy maps.. the infantry are the key - they are the ones who get the job of capping done. The tanks merely snipe each other (most of the time) creating a nice ambiance, but rarely do they participate in capping.

I've won this map (obviously not by myself) several times as Russians while playing the SVT-40 role, and let me tell you.. its highly satisfying when you do win.

Upvote 0
I just played it (muddykittens) for 4 rounds and the IS2 is really a pussyeater, in a good spot it can wast all the Tigers. It is for the Russians just too easy to spot the creamy Tigers, while the Russian tanks are really hard to spot.

Balance is ok, colours not ;)

You gave yourself away.... stop by more often. You are most welcome. ;)

ps; he kicked my ass.... repeatedly!:eek: - I was in a Tiger. I still love the map.

Upvote 0
As in most tank heavy maps.. the infantry are the key - they are the ones who get the job of capping done. The tanks merely snipe each other (most of the time) creating a nice ambiance, but rarely do they participate in capping.

I've won this map (obviously not by myself) several times as Russians while playing the SVT-40 role, and let me tell you.. its highly satisfying when you do win.
Yeah know what you mean. I gave up in using tanks and go squad leader and easily cap all three locations as the Russians.

Only problem I have is trying to tell the other tankers how useless it's for them to sit at base and try to have a long range tank duel with superior German armour and instead drive hard and fast to the cap zones so the troop carriers don't get destroyed.

Upvote 0
Yeah know what you mean. I gave up in using tanks and go squad leader and easily cap all three locations as the Russians.

Only problem I have is trying to tell the other tankers how useless it's for them to sit at base and try to have a long range tank duel with superior German armour and instead drive hard and fast to the cap zones so the troop carriers don't get destroyed.

Tell Sander that..... he sat at or near base in the IS-2 and clobbered the German armor. As he pointed out the cream color of the Tiger made it stand out like a sore thumb. It needs to be the typical whitewash the Germans used in snow.

Those who give up on armor deserve to be infantrymen scurrying about to the cap points. NOT.... all they do is end the map faster while developing no skills except running and dodging. :)

Upvote 0
This is seriously getting weird! I thought that the tigers were tweaked to be stronger? I just played a 1 vs 1 game on Mike's server. I had a T34/87.

I was first driving to the farm/village (the last object) and he saw me first, disabling me of doing anything, I turned my turret and he was 10 meters away from me, one hit in him and he was gone.
Ok, this one wasn't very weird, it was point blanche and I could make a perfect shot in his ammo/engine front armour.

After that he returned and after some searching for a creamy tank I found him in the bushes. Same thing, one hit (frontarmour) and he was down.

3dn7.jpg

After that he returned and was looking as a driver outside the tank so a couple of MG rounds and he was gone.

Then he returned, longer range (front again), one hit wonder...

4ha6.jpg

Am I the best tanker or is there something wrong? Taking out 4 Tigers every time with one hit on his front (I always only guess a bit where the ammo/engine is) from small/medium/long range is pretty weird for a T34.

Calling the Tiger overpowered...tsss I eat them for breakfast

Last edited:
Upvote 0